Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

thinking about turboing stock f22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a big 16g can net about 100hp more than a 14b. but the biggest gain are that at high boost the 14b is pretty much a hot air pump and it is past its efficiency rating while the 16g is much cooler operating because it has greater flow capabilities.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
    member ride thread
    11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
    DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
    People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
    I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
    John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

im goin dsm because its cheap and i never turboed a car in my life so its also a learning process for me. i have most of what i need like Turbo and manifold, some ic pipes, fmic dsm injectors, already upgraded the fuel pump before. need a ecu chipped and all needed to tune and some couplers so i can route the pipes and stuff. bunch of misc things...so far i think i have paid 400 for all that i have..

Ride List
      1990 Accord dx coupe - my baby (dsm turbo set up in progress) http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3202853
      2005 Mazda 6s - daily driver http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3171724(totaled)
      newest 2006 mazdaspeed 6 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/4073987/2006-mazda-mazda6

Comment

I have the treadstone intercooler kit for sale, only 250 plus shipping. Let me know.
        '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

Originally posted by deevergote
        If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.ca/H22-HONDA-PRELUDE...#ht_4443wt_907

Im running this intercooler and charge pipe kit with my dsm setup, it looks to be the same design as the treadstone kit but Cheaper, The quality seems decent with nice welds you just have to be careful if you do any other welding because it is thin low quality aluminum and will melt away if your not careful. Great kit for the 125 dolllar price tag though!

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.ca/H22-HONDA-PRELUDE...#ht_2719wt_907

You can also get it without the intercooler for 80. Just thought id mention it

Comment

Don't forget a higher flowing fuel pump. Walbro FTW. I have a 1st gen DSM exhaust manifold if you need one.
              Originally posted by nine_deuce
              What I'd do is this: spray brake fluid in her eyes, shoot her with a nail gun, while she's down, give her a "chili dog" or a "strawberry shortcake" a "rusty fish hook is always fun"
              91 ex auto-sold!
              92 lx wagon-sold!
              92 ex parts car-sold!

I NEED ANOTHER CB PM ME IF YOU HAVE ONE LOCAL!!!!!!!!

Comment

stock Honda fuel pump is good for 250-300 hp so it's not absolutely necessary.

Comment

Unless its a factory pump that's weak. Happens all the time.

The older the car gets then you tune it the fuel pump gets to like 50% flow of what it use to do. Think about it.

I tune cars all the time that have issues with a low flowing fuel pump. Mostly on not taken care of vehicles.
                  You will probably be fine but until you have a real tune and dial in ignition values and can rule out and changes over time you can't rule out the pump.

Just be aware it "MAY" be adequate and is for 95% of us.

A dsm kit is much better quality than most kits. Reason being they last and last. The turbo can be rebuilt or bought. Newer garrets are coming from honeywell with crap for bearings/seals etc.

I know. I have friends that work there. Along with reviewing that catipillar is having the biggest recall in history from garret. And I have 3 friends that have various new cars along with one have a m12 noble import that is super expensive high end. The gt28rs turbos are junk. They feel apart after 9k miles at 12psi. Turbo timed and all. Its just to much negative. Use whatever you can get your hands on. Rule out anything not needed. IE- bov can be had for cheap. Homemade or used.

A flux core 80.00 welder from harbor freight works for me. I do downpipes and charge pipes from 10$ straight sections (15ft long for 10$ come on) and stuff.

Clean the injectors before you use them. That or buy a new set. Atleast check and see if they flow equal.

Small stuff goes a long way. I've seen fmu setups tuned with an afc on stock injectors made nice number. Not the way to go but if you put the work in with quality parts/oem parts then your good.

A lot of us have had good results with ebay turbos. Some of us have not. Goodluck man.

Front motor mount. Get a 4 or 5 link piece of chain from lowes. Bolt it to the block at the bottom original torque mount bracket. Then to the cross member. It will barely clear the 14b intake housing and I anchored mine down nasty with stock mounts and it worked bomb!. Someone told me and showed me a pic so I did it.
                  You could always bolt a piece of 1 inch wide flap to the engine and cut the torque mount in half. Then lean it against the flap right under the turbo and then weld it. Easy as cake.

Superior Tuning Solutions
                  Dedspool MFG
                  1995 Civic Coupe : A/M F swap
                  LOCK.IT.UP

Comment

I know I'm late to this party, but if you go dsm, which is the cheapest and most reliable route, use real MHI parts, not the ebay knockoff dsm stuff. Buy a new E3B16G and you can make that power with ease.

Replace the fuel pump as well, as mr sleepersedan stated.

Do it right, use quality stuff, and get a good tune, and a dsm setup can last and be reliable.
                    2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
                    2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

while ur at it.. get a 20g comp wheel and housing from ebay (genuine MHI parts) and have a real monster lol

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

haha, yeah, there's always the hybrid dsm turbos too, very good stuff, and not enough people go that route.
                        2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
                        2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

Working...
                        X