X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by [sLow]CB View Post
    oh my bad.

its great. understeer was definetly reduced. just took it on a roadtrip to cali and back and i loved every mile of it. (ask my wife ) but seriously though, i didnt expect it to handle/feel this good. ive had h&r and teins before and they were both bouncier. these are my favorite so far. imma upgrade to d2 1piece coilovers when i have the funds.

yea i just ordered mine i cant wait

Comment

Originally posted by Gmoney707 View Post
      if i wanna drop my whip 2.25" i prolly gotta get new shocks right?? i got stock everything right now
      Yes. You'll need shocks that will withstand that drop and spring rate. You'll also need to get an alignment afterward.

1999 BMW M3
      2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
      2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
      2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

i'am getting my coil overs put on this week. what kinda bill around about will i have ? what did so me of you guys have , if you paid to have them put on ? thanks guys.

A man that keeps looking back can't see whats in front of him.

Comment

Originally posted by stretch JDM View Post
          i'am getting my coil overs put on this week. what kinda bill around about will i have ? what did so me of you guys have , if you paid to have them put on ? thanks guys.
          Why not do it yourself? Its only 3 nuts, and 2 bolts, and the 2 screws holding your brake lines. You will enjoy the fact of knowing that you did it yourself.

and if your removing your springs then you can rent a coil spring compressor from advance or most parts stores and when you take it back you will get a full refund.

Originally posted by Makaveli2k
          White girls make the world go round. If I were to be stranded on an island and I could only 3 things to bring with me It'd be 2 different white girls. And a Smashing pumpkins Cd... I hear they like that shit. =p

Comment

just a quick question here ... I know its not talked about as often as it should be ... but what about the setups for WAGONS ... because of the extra weight in the back.

What would you guys suggest ?? something for a low stance but not to bouncy... a little bounce would be acceptable.

Originally posted by Devergote
            A CB7 with an H22, a clean paintjob, HIDs with a projector retrofit, some nice wheels, and a mild drop on H&R Sport springs and Koni Yellow shocks... that's the perfect car. I'd be happy with that for the rest of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by tn_accords View Post
              just a quick question here ... I know its not talked about as often as it should be ... but what about the setups for WAGONS ... because of the extra weight in the back.

What would you guys suggest ?? something for a low stance but not to bouncy... a little bounce would be acceptable.
              That's hard to say without some measurement. How much extra weight is on the rear over the sedan or coupe?
              There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

How can I convert these measurements back from lbs/in to the metric form?

I find it (like most other metric measurements) easier to read...

White girls make the world go round. If I were to be stranded on an island and I could only 3 things to bring with me It'd be 2 different white girls. And a Smashing pumpkins Cd... I hear they like that shit. =p

Comment

Originally posted by 91_CB7_Sedan View Post

How can I convert these measurements back from lbs/in to the metric form?

I find it (like most other metric measurements) easier to read...
                  As its written in the original post, highlighted by purple: To convert from lbs/in to kg/mm, divide by 56.

Example: 300lbs/in spring / 56 = 5.36 kg/mm

Comment

Originally posted by mndude07 View Post
                    As its written in the original post, highlighted by purple: To convert from lbs/in to kg/mm, divide by 56.

Example: 300lbs/in spring / 56 = 5.36 kg/mm
                    Please excuse my lack of intelligence sir. I should have read first. Now I feel like a noob...thanks for the info though

Comment

Please excuse my lack of intelligence sir. I should have read first. Now I feel like a noob...thanks for the info though
                      Not a problem. Most springs out there are listed in lbs/in while most full coilovers are listed in kg/mm; i find that interesting. I wonder if it has to do with the country of manufacture...............

Comment

mndude07,

What about these?
                        Not a whole lot of info but still a new brand to add to the list, that someone might have out there:

http://www.andysautosport.com/honda/...c00001402.html

Comment

mndude07,

What about these?
                          Not a whole lot of info but still a new brand to add to the list, that someone might have out there:

http://www.andysautosport.com/honda/...c00001402.html
                          They might be worth looking into. Someone would need to talk to them to get more info about their product. I have no idea what kind of spring rate they use, and what springs, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by mndude07 View Post
                            They might be worth looking into. Someone would need to talk to them to get more info about their product. I have no idea what kind of spring rate they use, and what springs, etc.
                            I'll try to find a number and find something out about them Monday...

NINJA EDIT: THEY DO GROUP BUYS!!!!!!!!!

See Link:
                            http://xyzsuspension.com/contactus.html

Comment

I'll try to find a number and find something out about them Monday...

NINJA EDIT: THEY DO GROUP BUYS!!!!!!!!!

See Link:
                              http://xyzsuspension.com/contactus.html
                              Yeah I saw that when I was looking at their site. I like the fact that they're guys that have been into racing and have 10+ years of experience so they aren't retarded. That doesn't mean they build good dampers necessarily though.

Comment

I'll be sure and send them an e-mail on Monday to ask about their group buys, and spring rates/damping info for you

Comment

Working...
                                X