Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

And it began...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I couldn't help but notice that your missing the plug/cover that goes in the hole where you would check your timing marks. Shouldn't be that hard to find one in the junkyard.
    PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

Originally posted by cloudasc View Post
      I couldn't help but notice that your missing the plug/cover that goes in the hole where you would check your timing marks. Shouldn't be that hard to find one in the junkyard.
      You mean in the block? Next to the engine code?

VTEC by birth, not be choice.

Andy's Auto Sport: Comptech Battery Tie Down, "It will look so trick that your car will think it has more horsepower!"

DumbleDore!'s CG
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=199312

Comment

Originally posted by DumbleDore! View Post
        You mean in the block? Next to the engine code?
        Yes indeed

That square opening, shouldn't be open

Comment

Originally posted by nate'sCB7 View Post
          Yes indeed

That square opening, shouldn't be open
          I was actually wondering about that. I hadn't remembered seeing it before a month or so ago, but my buddy said he had. So I didn't pay it any attention, I figured it would be plugged though. Thanks, Mate. I'll have to source one.

Andy's Auto Sport: Comptech Battery Tie Down, "It will look so trick that your car will think it has more horsepower!"

DumbleDore!'s CG

Comment

So, tomorrow the lower rear strut bar should be arriving. Plus, I've decided to take on a whole list of projects, including a heavy/deep cleaning and polishing for a meet on Saturday. Hoping to get an SIR here soon, and I'm thinking a AEM fuel rail and Skunk2 adjustable cam gear are next up.

DumbleDore!'s CG

Comment

Got the new lower rear strut bar installed today, pics coming in a little while. Also got a couple other updates too. After dinner.

DumbleDore!'s CG

Comment

Forgot to mention I removed the tint from the back window and the back doors.

Some pics:

After removing the first layer of film.

Scraping, razor blades FTW!

Before scrape and after.

All clean!

DumbleDore!'s CG

Comment

Today's pull!

Got my rear lower strut bar in the mail today, finally! Completely happy with the materials, and craftsmanship. It was straight forward. Remove the two bolts, adjust the bar, then bolt it back up. So here it is.

Some front end mods.

Before:

After:

Rear mods.

Tail lights!

Came out really nice. Two coats of VHT Nite-Shades, which cost $13.99 at Oreillys, on the outside of the lense. Then three coats of Dupli-Color Clear Coat. I got some weird seam/cracking in the VHT when I first sprayed it on.

Also painted the windshield wiper arms.

A more-clear picture of the muffler set up.

And one last nice picture for you guys.

DumbleDore!'s CG

Comment

nice work!
                    Since you scraped off the tint on the back window , i would take the time and repair the damaged defrost lines from all the scraping.You will curse youself when it doesnt work.

Comment

Originally posted by ferenza View Post
                      nice work!
                      Since you scraped off the tint on the back window , i would take the time and repair the damaged defrost lines from all the scraping.You will curse youself when it doesnt work.
                      That was in the back of my mind, but the defroster never worked in the first place. Lol

DumbleDore!'s CG

Comment

How king did the windows take? Good job!

I was gunna say something else but I forgot...

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
                        It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

Originally posted by Quashish View Post
                          How king did the windows take? Good job!

I was gunna say something else but I forgot...
                          The side windows took about half an hour to forty-five minutes. Lots of one edge razor blades, scraper, and Windex. The back window took a little bit longer, about an hour and a half to finish. You have to take out the speaker deck to reach the bottom, and small hands or a lot of patience. Lol I pushed it off on to Tina. Tina is my buddy with the H23 Prelude.

DumbleDore!'s CG

Comment

Looks great.

Any plans for aesthetic mods to the front?

Member's Ride Thread

Originally posted by mercyboy
                            I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car then win by an inch because someone else built it for me..your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book!

Comment

Originally posted by Ander View Post
                              Looks great.

Any plans for aesthetic mods to the front?
                              Funny you should ask.... Lol

Update!

Blacked out the front headlights and smoked the corner lenses yesterday!

Some pics of the masking.

Painted.

Close ups.
                              No flash.

Flash.

All put back together.

Also painted the OEM grill black. Not a very good picture. The reflection makes it look almost red.

Not sure how I feel about the corners, but I love the black housings. Just need new lenses, Cali roads have been rough on these. Also planning on replacing glass too at some point. The windshield is especially rough.

So, As far as front end plans, new grill (just a blacked out mesh, generic Ebay, most likely), a Legend coupe lip, new headlight glass lenses, have to replace the passenger side corner lamp (it's not the right one I came to find out yesterday), And possibly move the license plate again. Considering a carbon hood at some point, still considering. Also not sure whether I am going to leave the new corners clear and amber, smoked, or blacked out. We'll see!

I just want to do a start and current really quick.

Before.

Now.

Before.

Now.

Before (Minus the blue plug wires).

Now (with a few small differences being actually current).

Nothing planned this week, waiting on funds for the SRI, then the grill and lip! Decided last night that next up is suspension, wheels and tires, paint, then that whole interior color swap which will be accompanied by new seats, harnesses, and steering wheel.
                              Last edited by DumbleDore!; 02-11-2013, 02:09 AM.

DumbleDore!'s CG

Comment

Problem. It's been idling funny lately. Idle should be around 800RPM. It's been sitting at 1000, then it will rev up to around 1500, then drop to 1000 then right back up to 1500. This only happens in Neutral. Once I press the gas, it's fine. I have yet to check the IAC valve, I have also bee told to check the MAF sensor, vaccum lines, and plugs to make sure everything is tight. I am gonna do all this tomorrow, but if anyone else has any other ideas or solutions, shoot em my way.

DumbleDore!'s CG

Comment

Working...
                                X