CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Beginner forum -- New members post here! > Beginner Technical/Performance

Old 01-21-2013, 10:26 PM   #1
HondaMan1067
Newcomer

HondaMan1067 is cool... so far.
Guage cluster swap - Sport light from auto to a 5 speed

Hello all! Hoping someone can shed some light on my question. I recently purchased a nice gauge cluster from someone who had some cb7 parts left over from a part out. It has a nice silver bezel and white/blue swapped gauge faces. My concern come in with the "S" light - After doing some research 'ive found out this light is the 'sport mode' used in the automatic versions of the cb7. The car i want to put this into is a factory 5 speed. Will this hook up correctly without modification? If not what has to be done to connect it? If it's even possible to install this - will there be any issues with it trying to talk to the ecu with it looking for a automatic and the car being a 5 spd?

I would really appreciate anyone who has any knowledge taking the time to help me out, as i am quite anxious to have this awesome little upgrade installed!
Thanks in advance!
~HondaMan1067
HondaMan1067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:15 PM   #2
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool...
Send a message via AIM to deevergote
Honestly, I'd just take the cluster apart, along with yours, and swap over the nifty bezel and faces.

Everything should work fine if you do use that auto cluster. If the S light stays on, you could always remove the bulb. It won't affect your car's operation, as your ECU wouldn't be looking for it, and your transmission obviously wouldn't be affected in any way.

deevergote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:18 PM   #3
'93CB7Ex
Gold Member

'93CB7Ex seems to have made some friends!
Send a message via AIM to '93CB7Ex
pretty sure the plugs are different. just swap parts over. easiest thing to do. also, when taking those faces off, DONT pull the needles off. if you do the gauge will inaccurate.
Old 08-13-2013, 10:57 PM   #4
HondaMan1067
Newcomer

HondaMan1067 is cool... so far.
Okay, thank you all for the input...Last question would be - How do i remove the gauge faces without removing the needles? It seems as if they have to come off to get the faces off...
HondaMan1067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 10:49 PM   #5
TOL
Newcomer

TOL is cool... so far.
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by '93CB7Ex View Post
pretty sure the plugs are different.
you see it youself?

may be plugs are the same!
and only in pins are different, in auto dash more pins.
If you install auto dashboard, S light not work 100%, becose there not any Control module for AT (computer for AT), and the same whith ligts 1-2-D3-D4-R-P dont work
TOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 10:57 PM   #6
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool...
Send a message via AIM to deevergote
I'm quite sure the plugs do vary from 90-91 to 92-93. This would be a 90-91 cluster going into a 93.

deevergote is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dash , dash light , gauge lights , sport light

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: