Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

How to make 30+hp for $500 or less... (DX/LX F22A1 only)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nas92
    hey quick ? will it work for a automatic and with these parts do i have to worry bout any smog issues if so let me know thanks i wanna do this as soon as possible.
    It is using all stock parts, so it should be fine for emissions. There are no radical aftermarket modifications here.

In fact, the majority of the modifications are simply changing the 125hp F22A1 to a 140hp F22A6. The only thing that MIGHT impact emissions (and it's unlikely) is the H23 intake manifold swap. You could always just do the A6 intake manifold swap, and keep the H23 plenum and throttle body on hand for when you want more power... and the A6 parts when you want to stay stock.

Comment

Originally posted by foamypirate
      Mines runs very well and gets great gas mileage without the A6 cam, using a PT6. I actually got about 40.85mpg on one leg of my trip to texas.

Your still missing about 75% of the upgrade. Imagine getting equal or better mileage, WITH 5-7more HP.
      The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Are there any dyno sheets? Kinda hard to believe these parts will result in 30+whp.
        Raceline USA

Comment

dang, thats alot of gains though. it's just like an RSX with just air intake and exhaust and it'll be pushing the base RSX from 103whp all the way to 130whp. craziness.

Originally posted by toycar
          Braking the bank, maybe. Feeling like a boss, likely.

Comment

Originally posted by nusdogg
            dang, thats alot of gains though. it's just like an RSX with just air intake and exhaust and it'll be pushing the base RSX from 103whp all the way to 130whp. craziness.
            103whp? The base RSX outputs about 135whp stock. Lol!
            Raceline USA

Comment

Originally posted by JDMxCB7
              Are there any dyno sheets? Kinda hard to believe these parts will result in 30+whp.
              Who said whp?

The F22A1 makes 125hp. The F22A6 makes 140hp. That's 15hp with F22A parts alone. Add the H23 intake manifold, and you're gaining more.

Will it DEFINITELY be 30hp? No. Will it be 30hp on a healthy engine? Very likely.

Comment

103whp? The base RSX outputs about 135whp stock. Lol!
                while at the same time most people actually thing a cold air intake gets them 10-15 hp just being bolted on
                My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                  Who said whp?

The F22A1 makes 125hp. The F22A6 makes 140hp. That's 15hp with F22A parts alone. Add the H23 intake manifold, and you're gaining more.

Will it DEFINITELY be 30hp? No. Will it be 30hp on a healthy engine? Very likely.
                  Ok, but don't you think it's a little misleading? You're going by with Honda says, which is basically the flywheel rating. WHP and flywheel hp are two separate hp ratings. I know you know that, but I just wanted to clarify what the mods will contribute to. Thanks for the explanation.
                  Raceline USA

Comment

Originally posted by Smokinspeeds
                    while at the same time most people actually thing a cold air intake gets them 10-15 hp just being bolted on
                    True. It's more like 2-5whp at most.
                    Raceline USA

Comment

Well, when you swap in an H22A, you're excited about a 200hp swap, right? Not a 165whp swap. Same thing... but this is more exciting.

Basically, the purpose of this thread is to illustrate that there are some significant upgrades that can be done with little cash, effort, and compromise (as these mods will keep the engine nearly "stock")

When this site first started, everyone assumed the F22A was a boat anchor. Then people boosted it, and it became a motor that was only good for boost. Now, it's coming to light that it is good for all-around performance as well... and though the cheap, easy gains are minimal, there are still some significant gains to be had!

Comment

True. It's more like 2-5whp at most.
                        On Honda engines, yes... 2-5hp for an intake... MAYBE 7-8 if it's a well engineered one, paired with other complementary parts.

On other engines, you CAN gain a significant amount of power. K&N advertises gains of up to 50hp on some cars. Even if that number is halved, a 25hp gain is impressive even on a 500hp engine!

Comment

I've been reading up, seems like all the F22a needs is the intake manifold, a better cam and some head work to wake it up. Maybe even raise the compression with pistons and get it tuned. I think this is what Im going to do. Ill try and shoot for 145whp? is that realistic for a mild n/a for dd?
                          wat?

Comment

Ok, but don't you think it's a little misleading? You're going by with Honda says, which is basically the flywheel rating. WHP and flywheel hp are two separate hp ratings. I know you know that, but I just wanted to clarify what the mods will contribute to. Thanks for the explanation.

To put it into perspective, with these mods, including a full exhaust, my car would keep up with mild bolt on GS-Rs...with an auto.

The 15 from the cam and IM is certain. Considering that I have seen healthy F22A6's with full exhaust lay down around 130WHP, and I really don't think a gain from 125-130HP to 150 or so is unreasonable. Then, if you still don't think you are quite there, go with a blacktrax spacer and you get another 5WHP with an F22 plenum. People think I am nuts when I mention how much of a difference the H series plenum makes, until they try it.

To add futher perspective, an H22 Accord pulled just slightly on my car, at highway speeds, and I pulled quite well on a friend who has a F22B1 with 145HP + whatever his bolt ons gave him.

I wish I had dynos of this stuff, but I don't have the F22 anymore.
                            Last edited by owequitit; 05-01-2008, 09:07 PM.
                            The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                              Well, when you swap in an H22A, you're excited about a 200hp swap, right? Not a 165whp swap. Same thing... but this is more exciting.

Basically, the purpose of this thread is to illustrate that there are some significant upgrades that can be done with little cash, effort, and compromise (as these mods will keep the engine nearly "stock")

When this site first started, everyone assumed the F22A was a boat anchor. Then people boosted it, and it became a motor that was only good for boost. Now, it's coming to light that it is good for all-around performance as well... and though the cheap, easy gains are minimal, there are still some significant gains to be had!

exactly.

look at the f22a dyno thread. so many people have just done IM swaps, a chipped ECU, exhaust work, and maybe even a bored throttle body and seen like 130-150whp. thats freakin crazy. look at HondaFan81's build thread. he's gotten 153whp N/A.

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit
                                To put it into perspective, with these mods, including a full exhaust, my car would keep up with mild bolt on GS-Rs...

ive already beaten a couple of tegs with just a SRI and exhaust. not GSRs but tegs nonetheless.

Comment

Working...
                                X