AC Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AC Issue

I basically redid most of my entire system over 2 months ago and today it blows hot air. The symptoms are as follows. I returned my manifold gauge 2 days ago with pump. So all i have is that cheap low side gauge.
    1. Hot air from vents
    2. When compressor turns on i see foamy liquid coming thru. THis points to being undercharged right?
    3. WHen compressor is off the low side port reads about 115psi. Which is normal. WHen compressor turns on it goes down to 60psi about and stays there. Which isn't normal i know. When i evacd and charged it 2 months ago it read at idle 225psi high side and 45psi low side at 94 f ambient. At 2k rpms high side read about 255psi like it should be so i have thought it has been undercharged for 2 months but i let it go cause it effn worked fine.

Anyone got any ideals what happened. Did something go bad on my system. DId the evap coil freeze and crack or maybe one of my sensors aren't working.
    Am going back and get a manifold gauge set so i can see high side pressure but for right now i don't have that. Anyone got any ideal to what happened?

[edit]Could it be my heater control knob not functioning right. Air is really hot no matter if i turn it to cool[edit]
    Last edited by zedjr10; 08-20-2018, 07:17 PM.

I've been reading your posts for weeks now on the AC system but didn't reply bc I don't know shit about AC systems. But I'm starting to get the feeling that you need to take this to a professional. I mean.......at this point there's a reason people go to school for this.

I hope ya get it fixed an all but there's so many factors and without the experience you may drive yourself mad.

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
      I've been reading your posts for weeks now on the AC system but didn't reply bc I don't know shit about AC systems. But I'm starting to get the feeling that you need to take this to a professional. I mean.......at this point there's a reason people go to school for this.

I hope ya get it fixed an all but there's so many factors and without the experience you may drive yourself mad.
      Fixed. Temp control mechanism faulty. Why take it to a professional. SO they can leave a screw out here or there or half do it and then charge me what my lawyer charges me. Some of the problems i have with my car now are cause i let a mechanic work on it. My car will never be in a mechanics shop ever again. Except for maybe my tranny change am going to do. This isn't rocket science and i happen to be a rocket scientist so i think i can figure this shit out.

Comment

Originally posted by zedjr10 View Post
        ....... and i happen to be a rocket scientist so i think i can figure this shit out.
        Well then...... you don't need our help. You're a rocket scientist.

Comment

Originally posted by zedjr10 View Post
          Fixed. Temp control mechanism faulty. Why take it to a professional. SO they can leave a screw out here or there or half do it and then charge me what my lawyer charges me. Some of the problems i have with my car now are cause i let a mechanic work on it. My car will never be in a mechanics shop ever again. Except for maybe my tranny change am going to do. This isn't rocket science and i happen to be a rocket scientist so i think i can figure this shit out.
          If you can handle everything you've done so far, you can take a transmission out. Taking one apart and putting it back together is when it gets tricky. If you don't have an OEM service manual, get one.
          90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
          08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
            Well then...... you don't need our help. You're a rocket scientist.
            I’m a rocket surgeon. 1-0

Comment

Originally posted by fleetw00d View Post
              If you can handle everything you've done so far, you can take a transmission out. Taking one apart and putting it back together is when it gets tricky. If you don't have an OEM service manual, get one.
              I don't have a garage and I park on a sloped spot. Otherwise i would.

Comment

Working...
              X