No announcement yet.

timmy0tool : 1992 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i was rummaging through my closet and found some early pictures of my accord. this was how i had her back in 99! i only had clears with the bumper lense mod (and it still blinked), EX lip, RS akimoto short ram intake, and Flick sittin on my dash. also check out my custom cut-the-picture chop of my car slammed! enjoy .

i wish my paint was still that nice . time and two accidents don't help much either.
    1cor10:31
    - 92 LX coupe
    - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

ah, the memories!!! lol. nice flashback.

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

I think your car looks just as good now as it did then.

There's something about your car I just really like. I can't really put my finger on it. It's definitiely "The whole is greater than the sum of its parts". Not saying you don't have awesome quality stuff...but I think you know what I mean by that.

Keep up the good work.

Comment

Originally posted by timmy0tool
          doylna: you have to put the trays as far back as possible to fit the fairing. in my case i need it to be far anyway since my bike is long and it barely reaches the rear wheel when attached (see pic). since we have coupes we have to put the clips into the quarter glass. there is enough room to do it so there shouldn't be any problems. it is very stable at high speeds but i can only go so fast until the wind drag starts to limit me. the fairing does make a difference. there is less wind noise as well.
          I ended up a picking up a collection of parts off eBay, (a guy found them at a garage sale and sold them a lot rather than breaking them out individually, so I inly paid a few bucks for the whole mess), including some of the newer bike trays that don't have the part that goes around/under the bar, it's more integrated into the tray - hard to explain but I think it should work better. The real problem is that I'm using the older square style fairing (which makes an enormous difference in road noise) and newer fairing attachment clips, so I think the fairing is closer to my attachment bars to begin with.

Also, as far as using the rear quarter windows to mount in the back, you haven't had any problems? My Y clips are a little less than tight back there and I'm just concerned with dumping my bike off the top of the car on the highway.

I'll post some pics of my setup once I get the new trays on. I may have some ski attachments to see if you're interested.
          Last edited by doylna; 05-12-2005, 08:32 AM.

Comment

love the gold wheels with the rosewood paint, looks killer

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=22013
            cb7tuner.com Cleveland division

Comment

this is an extension of my problem found here .

my power steering belt was rubbing due to the harmonic dampener on the crank pulley failing. it split and walked outward eating the belt. i decided to go the cheap route and JB Weld the pulley as a temporary fix. well it only lasted a week. it broke again on a hot day where i had to use the a/c. so i just decided to replace the darn thing.

my replacement is on the left and the bad pulley is on the right. nice JB Welding huh?! give me a break since i did it while it was still on the car. the tool essential to the removal of the crank pulley is shown above between the two pulleys. my buddy got it from a snap-on truck. he says you can't just buy this tool anywhere. it makes removal a breeze, and i didn't even use air tools (i don't own any).

Last edited by uncle_el; 05-18-2005, 09:17 AM.
              - 92 LX coupe
              - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

well during the reinstallation i found out that my replacement pulley was from a 5th gen which has one extra rib making it a bit wider. the difference in width made it hard to put into the crankshaft "snout".

Last edited by uncle_el; 05-18-2005, 09:18 AM.
                - 92 LX coupe
                - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

due to the width difference, i didn't feel comfortable leaving the 5th gen crank pulley installed. the secondary pulley for the power steering belt was a bit off. the pulley was a lot closer to the subframe and undercover dustshield of the car as well. my part was used too so i wasn't sure on the overall condition of the dampener. so i replaced it with a new one.

pictured is the autozone special made in korea! (KDM!) i would have went OEM but no dealership around had one in stock and i needed my car running the next day. also the price was not as bad as OEM of course ($100 as opposed to $160).

sidenote: i considered getting a UR pulley or something similar but i've researched and concluded that you shouldn't get rid of your harmonic dampener which the UR pulleys and others leave out. they are there to protect! there are companies out there now that make aftermarket lightweight pulleys WITH the dampener, but of course money is always an issue.

Last edited by uncle_el; 05-18-2005, 09:20 AM.
                  - 92 LX coupe
                  - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

hey wassup man, every tuesday? in a couple of weeks i can go, do you go wit nghtrydr23 and arrozburner? well maybe I'll see ya later, your rims are pretty tite man like the color.

Comment

Very nice. That's a damn nice looking muffler too. What is RHD Flare? I don't follow "Right Hand Drive"?
                      My CB7 post on my blog
                      My CB7 thread

Comment

My how she has changed Timmy! Dayum!

No factory mats tho, eh?

I hope I get to see your ride in person sometime.
                        "the J32a2 should be considered one of Honda's masterpieces..." Honda Tuning, July 2006

Comment

Zunami: before ramiro (arrozburner) would come down but i haven't seen him lately. nghtrydr23 has never visited when i was there. thanks for the complement on the rims. they will change soon though .

typhoon: i love my greddy sp. it's an old exhaust but still looks and functions like new! the stylings aren't outdated either. for more info on "rhd flare" check out USC's page here . he is the guru when it comes to HID retrofitting and e-code headlights.

accordme93: yeah she was pretty young in those pics and i was still in high school back then (meaning no money). i've been looking to get some OE mats but can never find a set in my color.
                          - 92 LX coupe
                          - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

I've got a set in maroon. But you'll get them over my dead body! lol

It's amazing how hard they are to get. I was shocked when my EX came with them. A guy used to work with at a Honda dealer even noticed them and said they were a hot item.

BTW, my car is exactly like yours but and EX.
                            "the J32a2 should be considered one of Honda's masterpieces..." Honda Tuning, July 2006

Comment

Originally posted by accordme93

BTW, my car is exactly like yours but and EX.

so you have the following ?

- flushmount
                              - fogs
                              -roof rack.
                              -rims
                              -windows visors

????

thats kool . hey timmy you might have a sister ..
                              "LAND OF THE GREAT"!! OSAKA,JAPAN

Comment

Originally posted by accord_inspire
                                so you have the following ?

- flushmount
                                - fogs
                                -roof rack.
                                -rims
                                -windows visors

????

thats kool . hey timmy you might have a sister ..
                                yeah I just noticed the retardedness of that statement. I should of said exactly like yours, but without all the JDM hawtness!

lol

I'm tired today, cut me a break!

Comment

Working...
                                X