Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Long(ish) time member, first time post! 93 EX pics inside!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Long(ish) time member, first time post! 93 EX pics inside!

Greetings CB7Tuners!

Does anyone actually say "greetings" anymore?!

Ive been lurking around these here parts for a few years and finally last fall decided to pull the trigger on my very own CB. Every few months I would search CL or FBM for an Accord. Well one popped up and I was immediately in love. Not sure if anyone has had that when they see pictures of a car on the internet but I knew I had to have this one. It wasn't exactly everything I wanted but it was damn close and a clean specimen.

Anyway I messaged the guy about it. I said Ill be in your area on an overnight with work and asked to see it. I got an uber from the hotel to see this car. Pulled up and the car was even nicer in person. Test drove it and she drove pretty well for an early 90's era car. The next weekend my wife and I drove down to see if we could haggle for it. We exchanged numbers and I luckily ended up driving it home!

Anyway before anyone things this thread is worthless without pictures here they are. Again nothing special but its a clean and stock EX coupe.

Feeling cute...might put an H22 in it, IDK.

I don't know that I would change a thing. I would fix any issue with genuine Honda parts, change all fluids and drive it on Sundays. Monday through Saturday I would just stare at it in the bubble it would live in inside the garage.
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Ha thanks! Yes it sees the garage through most of the week. Gets driven on the weekends. I wish it were a manual and thats about all I would change. Other than that I like it. Im super afraid that Ill regret modding it in any way. I may pick up another one that isnt in as great of shape and throw the h22a4 I have in the garage to have fun with.

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
      I don't know that I would change a thing. I would fix any issue with genuine Honda parts, change all fluids and drive it on Sundays. Monday through Saturday I would just stare at it in the bubble it would live in inside the garage.

Comment

Very nice example of a clean Accord! Looks great!

If nothing else for the time being if your are going to keep driving it flush the auto trans fluid. Who knows the last time it was done. It will prolong the life of the transmission greatly. You might also want to pop the shift solenoids off and clean the screens on the gaskets. Both of which will prolong the the life of the transmission and also improve the driving quality.
        MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Thanks for the heads up. I took it to a local Honda dealer and asked about that. The tech (who the service manager said was very experienced) said that I should just change a little fluid because I dont want to get rid of all the friction compound that has been put in the fluid over time from the bands in the transmission. I do agree that I need to change a portion of it.

Originally posted by Rilas View Post
          Very nice example of a clean Accord! Looks great!

If nothing else for the time being if your are going to keep driving it flush the auto trans fluid. Who knows the last time it was done. It will prolong the life of the transmission greatly. You might also want to pop the shift solenoids off and clean the screens on the gaskets. Both of which will prolong the the life of the transmission and also improve the driving quality.

Comment

that thing is mint. im with Jarrett. itd live in a bubble if i had it.
            COUPE K24

Comment

Thanks bud! I think I like driving it too much to let it sit in a bubble.

Originally posted by '93CB7Ex View Post
              that thing is mint. im with Jarrett. itd live in a bubble if i had it.

Comment

Welcome! and very nice car. What part of NKY? I'm just over the river in Ohio. Need any help with anything, let me know.

A drain and refill of the transmission changes 2.5 of 6 quarts. Friction compound from the bands? First time I've heard that. If I were you, I'd do at least two drain & fills (with a little driving in between); then do a drain & fill every 20,000 or so miles after that.
                90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
                08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Thanks! Weve already met haha. I purchased a set of corner lights from you after your daughter wrecked your other coupe.

Ill definitely look at changing some of the fluid in the trans.

Originally posted by fleetw00d View Post
                  Welcome! and very nice car. What part of NKY? I'm just over the river in Ohio. Need any help with anything, let me know.

A drain and refill of the transmission changes 2.5 of 6 quarts. Friction compound from the bands? First time I've heard that. If I were you, I'd do at least two drain & fills (with a little driving in between); then do a drain & fill every 20,000 or so miles after that.

Comment

Originally posted by Omgnowai View Post
                    Ha thanks! Yes it sees the garage through most of the week. Gets driven on the weekends. I wish it were a manual and thats about all I would change. Other than that I like it. Im super afraid that Ill regret modding it in any way. I may pick up another one that isnt in as great of shape and throw the h22a4 I have in the garage to have fun with.
                    Then just change the tranny to a five speed, leave that 54k mile b!tch alone!

I'd also do what Jarrett said ... NOTHING but genuine Honda parts, and at 54k,
                    I'd be looking at how the timing belt and water pump are getting along ...
                    almost time for a new belt ... I like the idea of buying a beater for the H swap ..
                    If you're patient ... you might even find one already installed that neeeds some TLC ...

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
                    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

I literally have all the parts to swap in a 5 speed prelude transmission. Stock CB7 Shifter, cables, pedals etc. I just cant bring myself to tear into it. I am definately going to see about another coupe (heck maybe even a CD7) to throw the h22/5pseed combo in.

Ill check/change the belts as well. Waiting for a good couple of days off work to dive into it.

Originally posted by PakaloloHonda View Post
                      Then just change the tranny to a five speed, leave that 54k mile b!tch alone!

I'd also do what Jarrett said ... NOTHING but genuine Honda parts, and at 54k,
                      I'd be looking at how the timing belt and water pump are getting along ...
                      almost time for a new belt ... I like the idea of buying a beater for the H swap ..
                      If you're patient ... you might even find one already installed that neeeds some TLC ...

Comment

Salutations,

That's a nice/rare find. Never flush an auto trans, that tech is right (the OP or the tech meant friction discs/clutches). Just drain and fill to what the owner manual says, use Honda ATF. Look and see if there's a record of when the last timing belt and water pump was replaced, then reference the owners manual. These cars are relatively easy to work on, I think you'll enjoy wrenching on it yourself. As far as modding it, do whatever you want! An auto OBD1 H22 motor and trans with the proper TCU is a hoot to drive and easy to swap in (buy from HMO). But, if you can't keep your left leg still, 5 speed swap it. Remember there's more to it than swapping what you've mentioned, cruise control computer, transmission mount or mount ears, and the wiring which eats up a lot of time to make it look and function OEM from the factory. Remember you can't take anything with you when you die, drive the p*ss out of it and enjoy it.

Comment

Do the H swap. You goal is to make it look like it came from the factory that way. Anything else would be a disservice to the car.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
                            Do the H swap. You goal is to make it look like it came from the factory that way. Anything else would be a disservice to the car.
                            I definitely am leaving towards the H swap. I just want to do everything right.

On a side note Im almost convinced Im not getting to see any of the threads in any of the other sections let alone post in them.

Is something with my account wrong? Can any of the mods unlock my ability to see/add posts? I know sometimes you have a to have a particular post count but mine doesnt seem to increase at all from 0.

Thanks guys!

Comment

Originally posted by Omgnowai View Post
                              On a side note Im almost convinced Im not getting to see any of the threads in any of the other sections let alone post in them.

Is something with my account wrong? Can any of the mods unlock my ability to see/add posts? I know sometimes you have a to have a particular post count but mine doesnt seem to increase at all from 0.

Thanks guys!
                              This thread explains beginner limitations and post counting: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=157810
                              90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
                              08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Working...
                              X