Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

help tranny and head gasket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help tranny and head gasket

ok once again i have to replace my tranny i let my girl drive my car after she hit a pot hole a year ago and put a 2in hole in it once again i have the same issue...... this is the last time she drives my car......... i think its about time to do the timing belts water pump and head gasket oil pan again and oil pan and gasket......... do you think i should pull the whole engine out and do it and if yes is there anyone in the north nj area that wants to help out

Yes pulling the whole engine is a lot easier if you want to do everything you posted.

While youre at it I'd do the real main seal, cam seal, timing belt, etc. It was about 200 at honda for all the seals/gaskets that I was replacing.
    No fat dudes, car will scrape. Katie

Comment

Why are you replacing the head gasket? It's not exactly a 'regular maintenance' item.
      Originally posted by sweet91accord
      if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by foamypirate View Post
        Why are you replacing the head gasket? It's not exactly a 'regular maintenance' item.
        I think he means VC gasket??

Rush

Originally posted by Darkcloud
        Bought 3 things, 1 that goes boom,1 that shades and 1 to go fasrer
        Originally posted by bmxicansd
        so you got a boombox, sunglasses and rosettta stone?

Comment

It's 'preventative maitenance' item.

Comment

Originally posted by cb7rush View Post
            I think he means VC gasket??
            no i mean the head gasket i need to do it cuz before i stopped driving it for the winter i started noticing a lil bit of anti freeze in my oil when i changed the oil

Comment

ok i guess i am going to pull the engine out now whos up in norther nj that wants to help me out

Comment

Originally posted by Macda View Post
                It's 'preventative maitenance' item.
                Replacing head gaskets is not preventative maintenance, it's a waste of money. In this case, since the OP is seeing coolant in his oil, it's necessary, but HG's are definitely not a normal maintenance item, preventative or otherwise.
                if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Replacing head gaskets is not preventative maintenance, it's a waste of money. In this case, since the OP is seeing coolant in his oil, it's necessary, but HG's are definitely not a normal maintenance item, preventative or otherwise.
                  200 dollars vs blown motor... hmm what to do, what to do.

I'm doing mine because boost will kill it in a day.

Comment

Originally posted by 91cb7ny View Post
                    ok i guess i am going to pull the engine out now whos up in norther nj that wants to help me out
                    i will come by and help u out

Comment

200 dollars vs blown motor... hmm what to do, what to do.
                      Alright. Have fun wasting money and time.

Comment

How am I wasting time? The motor is going to be pushing 250 Im almost positive the first thing that will go is a 15yr old head gasket And besides I have to pull the motor for the clean up and semi-tuck anyways
                        Sh!t why don't I just toss a turbo on there now! I mean replacing all those seals and gaskets would be a total waste of time

Comment

How am I wasting time? The motor is going to be pushing 250 Im almost positive the first thing that will go is a 15yr old head gasket And besides I have to pull the motor for the clean up and semi-tuck anyways
                          Sh!t why don't I just toss a turbo on there now! I mean replacing all those seals and gaskets would be a total waste of time
                          Aww come on Katie (that is your name right ), just throw that turbo on there and blow up that engine AND THEN build it up - thats what everyone else does right?

Of course a head gasket is not a "normal" maintenance item, but neither is pulling a whole engine to replace nearly all of the seals. Is it "Preventative" ? Of course, because you never know who put the last one in, and if they used a quality part of not. If you want something to last, you have to build it right the first time!

As for the OP if he still has any doubts, replacing the parts you listed in your first post is definatly do-able without pulling the engine (head-gasket included if you so choose), but it would be considerably easier to do with the engine out (assuming getting the engine out is something you can tackle). Not to mention you could at least get the block nice and clean, and replace additional seals, bearings etc. with a little more work. Its all up to how much work your willing to put into it, however pulling an engine just to replace a timing belt, water pump, and valve cover gasket would be ridiculous! If your planning on pulling the engine, plan on doing a full rebuild to at least make it worth your time and effort
                          Last edited by ON_N20; 03-20-2010, 12:18 AM.
                          ON_N20
                          Nitrous = Been there. Turbo = Now. Nitrous + Turbo?... LOADING

Comment

if you were reading correctly i am pullin the engine to do all the seals head gasket and oil pan i also need a new tranny that is going in cleaning up everything cuz i have a shit load of tranny fluid everywhere from wen my girl cracked my tranny so waste of time no i dont think so and my car isnt a dd so its even more worth it to me

Comment

Working...
                            X