Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Tinted my windows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tinted my windows

I just sold my Accord but did some painfull tinting before that. Wanted to share it. My first tinting experience, it was a painful process doing the back glass, with the curve, having no heat gun and squeegeing etc...But, I am satisfied with the results.

Stuff used for side glasses. Cheap walmart 35% tint. This stuff is easy to work with than the B***k M***c.

Used this for the back window. 20% Got it from Auto Zone, 4 to 5 strips.

Final result. It's not neat but not that bad either. Notice the bubbles and spaces...

What do you guys think?
    Last edited by 1990_cruiser; 10-07-2010, 10:11 PM.

Not bad man , not bad

Comment

not bad me and my dad did my car but never attempted the back yet give you props for that

STANCE|WORKS

Comment

is not bad, if anything i would have paid a shop to do the rear and i would have done the sides myself, that back window is hard to tint

Comment

Originally posted by illestatus View Post
          is not bad, if anything i would have paid a shop to do the rear and i would have done the sides myself, that back window is hard to tint
          hey if you or ne of your friends need tint in md holla at me im in brandywine whole car 85
          Better to have and not need , than to need and not have!
          Life is simple make choices and don't look back

MRT http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=173251

Comment

What do you guys think?[/QUOTE]

looks good for a first attempt u did very well ive been tinting for 7yrs i think u did very well sir keep up thee good work and hurry up and get another cb7
            Better to have and not need , than to need and not have!
            Life is simple make choices and don't look back

MRT http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=173251

Comment

i would never tint a rear window by myself. Let me know what happens when you use a rear defrost in winter/negative temp.

Comment

Not bad, I just did mine with an "ebay" precut kit, the sides were easy as hell but I ended up paying $70 to get the rear window done, but it's one piece and noo bubbles.

short

Comment

Originally posted by cb7albert View Post
                  Not bad man , not bad
                  Thanks

Originally posted by cb7_tillidie View Post
                  not bad me and my dad did my car but never attempted the back yet give you props for that
                  Thanks man. It was a painful attempt!

Originally posted by illestatus View Post
                  I can't agree with you more. It's kinda fun once you get the hang of it though!

Originally posted by super sox View Post

What do you guys think?
                  [QUOTE=looks good for a first attempt u did very well ive been tinting for 7yrs i think u did very well sir keep up thee good work and hurry up and get another cb7[/QUOTE]

Thank you sir. I'll be getting another one next year.

Originally posted by DariuszZ View Post
                  i would never tint a rear window by myself. Let me know what happens when you use a rear defrost in winter/negative temp.
                  I kinda tested it using the defroster and nothing bad happened! I'm not sure on that though

Originally posted by short1 View Post
                  Not bad, I just did mine with an "ebay" precut kit, the sides were easy as hell but I ended up paying $70 to get the rear window done, but it's one piece and noo bubbles.

short
                  Yeah, I thought of the ebay kit, but wanted to do it the hard way (youtube video inspiration) I tried to do it as a one piece at first but, it kept getting bubbles and etc. The strips are easy to work with.

Comment

Wow my dad was even impressed

Comment

Originally posted by cb7albert View Post
                      Not bad man , not bad
                      i agree man, you did a good job for the first time, ahhhh i remember my first time tinting windows, on my friends cb9.

if i can do it all over again, ill take my windows out, which really isnt hard at all especially the babk windows.
                      **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                      Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                      Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Working...
                      X