Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

whats unnessasary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

whats unnessasary

waht can i remove from engine bay to make it look a lil less cluttered and i dont want to do a wire tuck

Move battery to trunk.
    Lose your cruise control, power steering, and a/c.

Your sig is also HUGE.

1999 BMW M3
    2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
    2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
    2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Your sig. Remove that huge picture before I do... and then we'll talk.

Comment

Originally posted by JoshM View Post
        Move battery to trunk.
        Lose your cruise control, power steering, and a/c.

Your sig is also HUGE.
        power steering is staying and ac is also cruise control can go what else

Comment

Originally posted by 91cb7ny View Post
          power steering is staying and ac is also cruise control can go what else
          basically thats it if u don't wanna lose the ac or power steering ... there nothing u can do

Comment

Get a CAI and move your air filter into the fenderwell. If you don't use your winshield washers, you can remove the reservoir (though I HATE not having washers on my car... every car I get, I somehow manage to break the washers... even my 09 Fit)

Go through and remove any unused brackets.

Comment

my washer has been removed is there anything else

Comment

Remove everything from the engine bay and power it like the flintstones do j/k

Though there really isn't much more you can take out that will really make it look less cluttered. You could do the EGR block off plate and remove the EGR valve if your fine with a CEL, although you really shouldn't remove it because it does reduce NOx emissions and it doesn't hurt performance because it only opens when at a cruising speed. There is also the charcoal canister but please don't remove that because then you'll release a lot more hydrocarbons in the form of gas vapors from your gas tank, that thing will also give you better gas mileage because it lets you use the gas that would have just evaporated. However maybe you could relocate it to somewhere less visible.

Comment

do a d15 swap that will free up some space lol j/k relocate the batterie big help

Comment

you can delete the control box thats on the passenger side firewall, all you need to do is open it up and remove the map sensor. zip tie the map sensor under your intake manifold and run a vaccuum line to it. this might throw a CEL, but if you are ok with that, you can also delete your EGR as said above. you can also block off your air-boost valve and take the coolant lines that run to the throttle body off and loop them.

relocate your battery to the trunk (on the passenger side and as close to center of the rear wheel as possible is preferred for good weight distribution), delete CC, tuck the coolant overflow bottle in front of the radiator, after the battery relocation, run a prelude intake (puts the filter where the battery used to be and looks a lot better than a tiny short ram intake).

after all that, spend as much time as it takes to get your engine bay SPOTLESS and it will make everything pop. dont forget about the little touches also, polishing or painting little parts eventually makes a big impact in the look of your bay.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                    Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                    'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                    Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Originally posted by steelbluesleepR View Post
                      relocate your battery to the trunk (on the passenger side and as close to center of the rear wheel as possible is preferred for good weight distribution), .
                      so what your saying is despite having ~150 pound male sitting in the driver seat, it is still important to move the battery.... maybe 10 pounds to the center of the wheel base to "balance" the car? lol
                      Originally posted by deevergote
                      Installing a turbo and planning to tune later is kinda like having sex and planning to put the condom on afterward.

Comment

there aint much u can do bro everything that was told to u before me wont really add much space unless u take out the AC n P/S :\ if u want a clean engine bay the only thing to do really is to get a wire tuck
                        1992 Honda Accord Lx
                        [/I][/I][/I]

Comment

thanks guys you have been a great help i am really debating taking the ac out

Comment

I haven't had AC or PS since 2003... really not a big deal. I drove my CB for work for a year, too... about 40,000 miles that year.

Comment

also if you are not in a place that checks emissions you can remove the charcoal canister. there's a diy somewhere. and about the map sensor, one of the h22 TBs has the map sensor on top, so maybe you could get that (after the prelude intake). you can delete your fitv if you r in a warm enough climate. remove the hood latch and get pins, remove the heater (eliminates heater hoses to firewall). relocate fuse box under the dash. also the wires that control your fuel injectors can be relocated under the fuel rail. the injectors just need to be rotated upside down then plugged back in. looks a lot nicer. check out my bay in my MR thread \/
                              2013 Ice Cream Cruise!
                              VIDEO: 2012 Ice Cream Cruise
                              VIDEO: 2012 Ice Cream Cruise part 2
                              The single largest cruise in the Midwest!
                              August 3 ~ Omaha, NE

By 1320 Video

Member's Ride Thread

Comment

Working...
                              X