Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Painted my rims and black trim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chicano2005 View Post
    reading threads like this makes me wanna paint my OZ lancer rims cahmpionship white!

Nice work man!! now in thinking of painting my trim too but green.
    Awesome dude!!
    Thank you. Yeah, OZ rims would look sick in white.
    Are you thinking of painting it green as in your car's color?

Originally posted by Eazy M 316 View Post
    more info on color you chose for the paint. I can barley read the picture... lol I like the color and now would like to do my wheels in that color!
    I selected the color out of a paint shop color catalog, and the rattle can has the following on it,
    CODE: MAE 35515
    MEDIUM GREY METALIC

Hope this helps you

Originally posted by F20A CB7 View Post
    paint the side skirts now and mud flaps, makes it even cleaner.
    I agree with you, will do it soon.

Comment

Dude x100

Very nicely done.

Great tape job. Fuck pulling the moldings...if you know how to use masking tape your good kid.

Totally refreshed the cars look.

Love it!

Comment

Thanks for you comment Ralphie

Comment

very nice!!! I am going to steal that color hope its cool with you... if not OH WELL THANKS FOR THE INSPIRATION! LOL!!
          Bought From
          Tommi
          RiKan_BoY86

current s2k fund... $200

Comment

Rims def. look a lot better painted, trims nice too, good work!

Comment

wow rims look good, but aren't you going to paint the caps too?
              it looks weird like that

JENNA 91 LX

RIP 12-11-09 - 12/06/10
              JANE 99 Infiniti i30
              2-9-11 - current
              "Life is simple, you make choices and you don't look back."

Comment

i pulles my mouldings...terrible idea...so much extra work...wheels look sick
                92 Accord EX - SOLD

PSN: REDxMAN-_-

MR===>http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=146478

Comment

ohhhhhhh cool ima keep an eye out for those cause i got an extra set of stock rims idk which ever one came with the 91 exr theyre white right now but ima make is some pink just for fun hope they come out clean as yours

Comment

Originally posted by Eazy M 316 View Post
                    very nice!!! I am going to steal that color hope its cool with you... if not OH WELL THANKS FOR THE INSPIRATION! LOL!!
                    I'm all cool with stealing the color and etc... Post up some pics when you do your rims

Originally posted by biggmatt207 View Post
                    Rims def. look a lot better painted, trims nice too, good work!
                    Thanks biggmatt207

Originally posted by sow3r View Post
                    wow rims look good, but aren't you going to paint the caps too?
                    it looks weird like that
                    Thanks. Yeah, I know, it looks wierd but, now I'm used to the look. I also have a different idea for the center caps, just taking my time trying to find the right stuff

Originally posted by accordkid16 View Post
                    i pulles my mouldings...terrible idea...so much extra work...wheels look sick
                    Lols...thanks

Originally posted by keanucb7 View Post
                    ohhhhhhh cool ima keep an eye out for those cause i got an extra set of stock rims idk which ever one came with the 91 exr theyre white right now but ima make is some pink just for fun hope they come out clean as yours
                    Thanks keanucb7. I would love to see how the'd turn out in pink. Good luck

Comment

haha thanks alot
                      im not sure if theyre gonna come out good cause they have alot of scratches or even surfaces what do you advise that i do? and how many coats of primer and paint?

Comment

Originally posted by keanucb7 View Post
                        haha thanks alot
                        im not sure if theyre gonna come out good cause they have alot of scratches or even surfaces what do you advise that i do? and how many coats of primer and paint?
                        I had like 2 rims that were in pretty bad shape. So, basically I sanded them down starting with a higher grit sandpaper and ended up with a fine grit sandpaper. Then added 2 coats of filler primer and like 5 - 6 coats of grey paint.

I have seen other members over here using aircraft remover to remove old paint, clearcoats and etc.. Depending on your condition you can start off with aircraft remover, sand paper, primer followed by paint.

Comment

Paint or lose the center caps, and i'm digging the painted trim.
                          Freedom Is Not Free
                          U.S Army 02/08 Medically Discharged

Comment

Originally posted by 1990_cruiser View Post
                            I had like 2 rims that were in pretty bad shape. So, basically I sanded them down starting with a higher grit sandpaper and ended up with a fine grit sandpaper. Then added 2 coats of filler primer and like 5 - 6 coats of grey paint.

I have seen other members over here using aircraft remover to remove old paint, clearcoats and etc.. Depending on your condition you can start off with aircraft remover, sand paper, primer followed by paint.
                            ohh thanks alot mayne im gona do it tomorrow and illpost up some pics thanks alot for the help

Comment

love the honda lug covers over the painted rims
                              -----------------------------------------------

''It is what it is, Do what you want''
                              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=167905

Comment

good job on the rims and moldings very nice

Comment

Working...
                                X