CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > 4th Gen-eral > Off Topic

Old 07-06-2019, 06:52 AM   #81
Straight Success
Contributing Member

Straight Success is someone to admire Straight Success is someone to admire Straight Success is someone to admire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpys93 View Post
Just got mine in the mail today. Iíll crack it open tonight. Thanks for signing it!
It ain't 'bout nothin'.

Thanks again for the support, and enjoy the action, the suspense, and the... Enjoy!

Straight Success is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 06:55 AM   #82
Straight Success
Contributing Member

Straight Success is someone to admire Straight Success is someone to admire Straight Success is someone to admire
I beleive all orders were shipped and received. Thanks again.

Old 07-13-2019, 04:42 PM   #83
Straight Success
Contributing Member

There's suspense, action, knowledge, and lots more in this 80,000+ word novel. Be sure to get your copy at www.athypowersports.com.

Old 07-17-2019, 04:35 PM   #84
Straight Success
Contributing Member

More copies in stock. The more that go out, the more...

Get your copy at www.athypowersports.com.

Last edited by Straight Success; 07-17-2019 at 04:46 PM.
Old 07-22-2019, 02:41 AM   #85
Straight Success
Contributing Member

Get your copy today at www.athypowersports.com.

Old 07-25-2019, 08:43 AM   #86
Straight Success
Contributing Member

More copies are being sold, and more are being produced. We have your copy waiting in stock.

Get your copy at https://www.athypowersports.com/shop-1.

Old 07-29-2019, 06:55 PM   #87
Straight Success
Contributing Member

It's a Monday, and we still have some copies left in this first print. Get one of the very first number copies while they're still available.

https://www.athypowersports.com/shop-1

Old 08-06-2019, 08:58 AM   #88
Straight Success
Contributing Member

There are only a few copies left from the first production run. Get your copy at www.athypowersports.com.

Old 08-07-2019, 08:16 AM   #89
Straight Success
Contributing Member

You know, I am starting to appreciate people, especially people who I have limited contact with, more and more.

I'm getting feedback as people get into the book or they finally finish it. Being honest with myself as always, as well as the community, a bulk of the feedback is good, some is neutral, and there are some criticism points. For one, people say they can see the engineer in me coming through the book, and although it's not a horrible thing, it doesn't offer the smootest read as some seasoned writers.

On another note, people seem to enjoy the story line. I have been told that the characters are well developed, but somethings are a little different than the traditional format. I was told this isn't necessarily a bad thing, it's just not the norm.

I have been asked when is the sequel coming by a few, and one written review called the book a diamond in the rough.

For a first time novelist, I guess that isn't too bad.

One other thing, I did notice that reviews and outlooks toward characters' personality and the dialogue varied between people's sex/race/hobbies/lifestyle choices. This shows how some people think alike while others may have a different line of thinking even when these individuals don't know each other from a can of paint.

Old 08-21-2019, 06:08 AM   #90
Straight Success
Contributing Member

A quick update.

The book is doing well. I'm also starting to get more feedback from people.

If you get a chance, check it out at www.athypowersports.com.

Old 08-25-2019, 09:57 AM   #91
Straight Success
Contributing Member

Working on printing another 100. I'm shocked how these things are flying out. Two reviews posted so far.

https://www.athypowersports.com/shop-1

Old 08-30-2019, 05:06 PM   #92
Straight Success
Contributing Member

Just curious. Has any fellow CB7Tuners taken a deep dive in to the book yet?

Old 09-02-2019, 07:49 AM   #93
Straight Success
Contributing Member

Okay. So, many people have been inquiring about a second book. Oh, when's the next one coming? Are you going to write a second one? You have to follow this up with another book! Will there be a sequel?

I've been pondering, thinking, and plotting. I've received some great feedback, and I've been thinking about what people would like to see transpire. I have some twists for your @ss coming in the next one. I'm about to start punching the keys for the second one - literally.

You can still buy a copy of Six Gears at www.athypowersports.com.

Old 09-04-2019, 09:01 PM   #94
Straight Success
Contributing Member

One of the greatest accomplishments of my life.

Old 09-13-2019, 01:03 PM   #95
Straight Success
Contributing Member

Still proud my book managed to land in the library.

Old 09-20-2019, 11:35 AM   #96
Straight Success
Contributing Member

I'm telling y'all - it's a good read. Make sure to grab a copy.

Old 10-10-2019, 02:00 PM   #97
Straight Success
Contributing Member

Any feedback from CB7 readers?

By popular demand, I've got the sequel's 1st chapter draft complete. 6,000+ words and pushing.

Last edited by Straight Success; 10-10-2019 at 02:17 PM.
Old 10-11-2019, 09:00 AM   #98
Grumpys93
Contributing Member

Grumpys93 seems to have made some friends!
So just finished reading Ant’s book last week. It took me a while due to my busy schedule and trying to find time to read. But when I was on a business trip last week I found a couple hours on a plane the perfect time to reading the Novel. It was a little slow in the beginning but this is no fault of the story, but simply providing us a background of the characters and setting the mood. It picks up very fast and I found myself reading faster as I go to find out what happens next.

For a first Novel it was very well written and thought out. My only dislike, but this is my own preference is; I found it at times to be too detail heavy and not allowing me to add my own flair to the story in my head.

Ant, did a decent job at trying to balance between readers like me who want less details and those readers who want to know more details like, what size pants they wear. (Not in the story, just an example). The character’s names take some getting use to, but you will eventually be able to work them with the story.

I do feel like this could be made into a movie one day with some work into it. If you are worried that this book will sound like the fast n furious franchise, you will be mistaken. Ant, does a great job sticking to his own thought process and not biting off on someone else’s idea.

I was one of those readers asking for a sequel. It was a good, easy read and there are cliff hangers sprinkled here and there. WELL WORTH THE READ!!! I WOULD RECOMMEND THIS BOOK to someone who is into our lifestyle of enjoying cars and a little bit of adrenaline.

Ant, feel free to take snips and pieces or the whole thing of my review and use it to highlight your book if you’d like.
FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Last edited by Grumpys93; 10-11-2019 at 09:06 AM.
Grumpys93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 03:20 PM   #99
Straight Success
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpys93 View Post
So just finished reading Antís book last week. It took me a while due to my busy schedule and trying to find time to read. But when I was on a business trip last week I found a couple hours on a plane the perfect time to reading the Novel. It was a little slow in the beginning but this is no fault of the story, but simply providing us a background of the characters and setting the mood. It picks up very fast and I found myself reading faster as I go to find out what happens next.

For a first Novel it was very well written and thought out. My only dislike, but this is my own preference is; I found it at times to be too detail heavy and not allowing me to add my own flair to the story in my head.

Ant, did a decent job at trying to balance between readers like me who want less details and those readers who want to know more details like, what size pants they wear. (Not in the story, just an example). The characterís names take some getting use to, but you will eventually be able to work them with the story.

I do feel like this could be made into a movie one day with some work into it. If you are worried that this book will sound like the fast n furious franchise, you will be mistaken. Ant, does a great job sticking to his own thought process and not biting off on someone elseís idea.

I was one of those readers asking for a sequel. It was a good, easy read and there are cliff hangers sprinkled here and there. WELL WORTH THE READ!!! I WOULD RECOMMEND THIS BOOK to someone who is into our lifestyle of enjoying cars and a little bit of adrenaline.

Ant, feel free to take snips and pieces or the whole thing of my review and use it to highlight your book if youíd like.
This review/feedback is greatly appreciated. Thank you, N! I'm glad you enjoyed the read. I got you on the sequel side of things. I'll be in touch.

People who know me well, they know I'm a man of my word. I'm striving hard to ensure the sequel is as easily a good read trekking toward being much better. Stay tuned.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: