Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

1993 Honda Accord EX; Installed New engine, gets spark but wont start. Sensors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1993 Honda Accord EX; Installed New engine, gets spark but wont start. Sensors?

Hey guys, I just got a new engine for my 93 Accord and got it installed yesterday. It gets spark and starts when using starter fluid, but it wont run after a few seconds or without starter fluid. My mechanic thinks it could be a problem with some sensors, does anybody here know what I should look for? Any help is appreciated, thanks for your time.

It's not getting fuel, obviously. Are you using the old injectors, or new injectors? Do you hear the fuel pump prime when you turn the key?

My first thoughts are the injector resistor box (they go bad... rarely, but it happens) or the main relay (which would keep the fuel pump from turning on.)
    Both of those would be an easy fix... and even cheap if you have a junkyard with a few CBs in it. That would be the first thing I'd check.

I'm assuming you installed another F22A6? (F22A1 if you're in Canada...)

Comment

The fuel pump does prime (I can hear the whirring when I start the car), Ive had to replace the Main Relay before, so I'll mention that. The fuel injectors are new.

Edit: Also, the car has been jacked up for almost 3/4 weeks. Is it possible the sensor thinks its upside down and not letting fuel go threw?

Comment

Just out of curiosity, how much fuel is in your tank? Also, check all your fuses and relays just to eliminate the possibility of a simple problem. I would try pulling the radio (back up) fuse to reset the ecu. Might help. Where did you buy this new engine from?

Comment

When you first turn the key to the on position check to see if the check engine light comes on for a few seconds then goes off. If it goes off and you hear the pump buzzing the main relay is probably ok. Check to make sure there is gas in the tank has gas in it and then check to make sure that all the fuel lines are tight. A loose clamp or fitting can cause that. Next try renting a set of noid lights at the parts store. You find one that fits the injector plug. Unplug an injector, put the noid light in the plug and have someone crank the engine over. The light should flash. If it does then its physically not getting fuel. If it doesn't flash then it's something electronic that's wrong.

Comment

I have a quarter tank of gas, and we rented a fuel tester(?) to see if the fuel pump was bad and gas shot out of the lines and seemed fine. I'll check on it more tomorrow morning when I can, thanks for the help so far.

Comment

Originally posted by KYLECONNER13 View Post
              Edit: Also, the car has been jacked up for almost 3/4 weeks. Is it possible the sensor thinks its upside down and not letting fuel go threw?
              Meh, most likely not. My wagon was up for 2 months+ at one point and fired right up when ready for the road.

So..new main relay, new injectors, good pump and it'll run on starting fluid

Have you checked your fuel pressure regulator? Maybe it's stuck open and the injectors aren't getting enough fuel.

Comment

Got the car running guys, but now the D4 light is continuously blinking, not a code thing at all. does anybody know what that means?

Comment

Working...
                X