P5ylance : 1992 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Things done in the past few days:

Install New Kragen Rubbery Stand-Up Antenna (did not solve reception issue )

Install Rear Interior Panels

very nice material... ON SALE!

my friend helped me pleat them

panels before

broken up

glue

bottom half done!

all done!

installed

What it looked like before:

WHEW! scary.. here's the test: to see if it holds up to heat 80 Strength Adhesive do your stuff!
    Last edited by P5ylance; 07-21-2010, 03:18 AM.
    blackROSE Member, with a focus on VIP Style

Comment

Originally posted by Fenderx69 View Post
      thanks for the info they look perfect man you got the luxury style down just right. i would never look at this car and think the inside would look like a bmw or benz.
      thank you for the compliment, and thank you for noticing! yeah, i wanted to make my car feel like i could roll with the big boys in the city lol, with all the lexus, infiniti, bmw, merc, and acura vehicles haha almost there!

the interior has come a LOOONG way since the stock blue cloth interior days when i first got it from my sis.

Comment

Originally posted by Joshy View Post
        Dude! I had no idea you painted it... I can't tell by the photos. Good work! With all of the preparation and steps you listed, I see your dedication and effort put into it. It looks amazing, and should hold up very well.

Sadly, the black center console only came in the autobelt style here in USDM land. It came in the 9091 Phoenix Red DX coupe, and 91 Solaris Silver SE sedan.

Canada got it in their 9091 Phoenix Red LXs and 91 Solaris Silver SEs. Because they never had autobelts, their 9091s all have the two-piece center console with bridge. The armrest would potentially be in either model, if the original buyers requested/purchased an armrest. If not, they had the bridged/centered e-brake cover. Extremely rare. The CDM parts aren't even listed online anywhere, so I have no idea how one would go about ordering them.

They were also available in Europe, and who knows where else. I actually found the parts listed on a Russian Honda dealer website, but I couldn't go about ordering them - I had no idea how to do it. Google Translate only gets you so far! And who knows how much the parts would even cost...

Have you thought about removing the lower fabric? Its pretty clean underneath, and leaves one less area to cover. The DX and LX coupes didn't have fabric affixed to their lower side lining, and it actually flows pretty well. Same goes for the upper vinyl half. If you remove the cloth (and glue), they actually look quite decent bare.

If you could get ahold of some 93 SE coupe inserts, you could either paint or reupholster them. That would definitely make things easier for you!

I can't wait to see the outcome. Good luck! I'm sure you'll take your time and do a killer job.
        so rare...

yah, i noticed that the LX didn't have the bottom cloth! i was like "this is weird...?" but with my panels, i still have that little ridge where the fabric would go in, so if it was bare it'd look weird :{ if i had the LX/DX panels though, it would go

hope you like how the rears turned out!

Comment

today my car had a verrry troubling start

rough/erratic idle, cranked no start, started then immediately shut off... so scary. I guess it's about time I clean my IACV/FITV and all that good stuff... won't do EGR cuz my car's a DD and I don't have the knowledge or tools to do it.

I also noticed, at around 3000rpm/70mph, my tachometer will hop up 300rpm every so often, as if the IAB valves were activating by themselves, and sometimes it will stay at 3300rpm and it won't go back down, even if i let off the gas to let the car know i don't need the power anymore... :[ could it be a sticky plate? faulty sensor? would anyone like to share any information?

I know I need to look at my intake system though... theres an issue going on there. anybody know what i should take a look at? I'll probably get started on my H23 plenum swap since i'll be in that area.

are the IAB plates the same between the h23 and the a6? and the h22, btw?

Comment

i <3 this car
            Blake.
            1994 Accord Part out!
            Me and my step dad's 1991 Accord EX Coupe MRT

82 accord-rip, 94 geo-sold, 82 cavilier-rip,81 civic-rip,88 accord- rip, 88 legend- rip, 91 civic- sold,97 geo-sold, 92 accord- sold 94 accord- RIP, 1990 Camry- RIP

Comment

Originally posted by Dark_Accord View Post
              i <3 this car
              hahah thanks! Lily <3s you too she says hi

^recent picture, my favorite shot lol, i take all my progression shots here in the hopes that maybe i'll make a GIF file of her transformation haha!

PS: my kragen antenna, despite how long it is, looooks soooo cool to me slicked back hahaha i'll get a picture of it in the daytime tomorrow.

^reminds me so much of an NSX from this angle... I love this car. Someday I'll have that NSX and she won't be alone anymore, haha
              Last edited by P5ylance; 07-22-2010, 12:18 AM.

Comment

hi friend, i liek your work, diy all the fukin way.

ill post a pic later of the adhesive shit i used for my viynal on my door, i replaced the carpet, and put blk viynal down, i found my self havin to sprayyyyyyyy alot of glue down, and on super warm days i also noticed it started to peel off, i had to use some silicone.

i need to find a better replaced glue. hot glue gun doesnt work well neither.
                **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

lol yooo what's up f20! duuuude I love DIYs, it gives your car waaaay more character if you actually put the effort into constructing everything and most parts to make your car's appearance hehe

yeah, that's what i'm afraid of... but if it comes down to where i have to redo it, i'll be ready, since now i know how to reupholster, it's just the gluing process and wedging it in the cracks that i have to worry about. theres already some trouble spots from when i did it, and there wasn't enough glue down, but i'll get back to it when it gets really bad. hopefully it won't get TOO bad, haha!

thanks! I'd like to know what better glues there are that i can get my hands on. the guy at home depot was like "yeah, i wouldn't get 90 over 80, i'd get 80 strength since it's designed for vinyl... 90 might melt your stuff" and i was like "OH NOO WAYYYY :O" and i left with 80 haha

the can says it'll work for automotive headliner, so i figured it'd be okay with the heat and all
                  Last edited by P5ylance; 07-22-2010, 12:49 AM.

Comment

tomorow ill snap shots of my interior where the glue is comin apart and the can. the can was 20 fukin bucks, bug=t got it on sale for 10. ill never ever buy that glue in a can again.

see, i always preheat my viynal b4 i lay it down, and make sure the surface is extra clean b4 i put the glue down, its just messy to me.

edit- im doing a diy license plate using blk viynal. for my front bumper, ill take shots of that later as well.

Comment

gonna call this wheel store around my area and see if they have this wheel in stock... and if it comes in 4-lug *crosses fingers*

http://torowheels.com/img/pic/25.jpg

18x7.5, i think he said the offsets for most of the wheels would be like 38-44~ish, does anyone know if that would fit my car without rolling of fenders or something? what size tires would fit? cuz i know i still have a two-finger gap (Tokico Blue HP + H&R Sport Springs) between my fender and wheels, so it should clearr....???

Comment

Originally posted by F20A CB7 View Post
                        tomorow ill snap shots of my interior where the glue is comin apart and the can. the can was 20 fukin bucks, bug=t got it on sale for 10. ill never ever buy that glue in a can again.

see, i always preheat my viynal b4 i lay it down, and make sure the surface is extra clean b4 i put the glue down, its just messy to me.

edit- im doing a diy license plate using blk viynal. for my front bumper, ill take shots of that later as well.
                        yeahhh that can in a glue stuff is hella expensive... :[

and nah, i did not preheat, -1 point for me :[ lol

oooooh nice! I'm trying to find a "Junction Produce" license plate frame, but no one has that damn thing! I WANT IT, AND I KNOW IT'S OUT THERE.

for now, i'm rockin' Sacramento State Metal License Plates all day, Horny hornets represent!

Comment

someone said my car looked like their supra mkIII.

Comment

pics like i said man.

driver door

rear driver, digusting, im just gonna redo that one. i got enough fabric.

front passenger

Comment

Originally posted by P5ylance View Post

THESIS: Fuel Efficiency, Luxury Interior Conversion, VIP (Bippu) Style and AutoLuxury. Power and speed are not my priorities with this car as of yet, or if at all. Although I will be doing minor performance mods, my intent with this car is to create a luxurious daily driver that runs and flows smoothly with minimal issues (no manual swap, I'm keeping my automatic transmission), handles well, is easy on fuel, and looks great rolling slow, VIP Style.
                              This is where it's at.

I had the same brain wave about a year ago, when I realized I wanted an Acura Legend. Unwilling to sacrifice MPG for the added comfort, I've also set out to make my cruiser a little more comfortable while ideally maintaining my MPG.

Check out the MPGuino, accordaffair mentioned it and its also advertised on ecomodder forum. Getting instant efficiency feedback is monumental in improving your driving style. I think with careful driving, you should be able to get closer to, or over 30.

Good luck with it and keep up the post quality. Readability is also where it's at.

Comment

ouch, f20 :'[

I need some of that real deal upholstery glue. iono where i can get it. :\

thenextepisode: fasho, i always contemplate building my motor, but i always gotta remember, why build a fast engine/drop the H, when i can put that money towards a real sports supercar, my future NSX? I/H/E will probably be as far as i go for this car, and maybe not even exhaust, i love my EX twin-tip exhaust, hehe I'll be doing the h23 plenum swap pretty soon though + blacktrax IMS, so that should be a fun upgrade ^_^

my mind peaked when you said acura legend, haha my friend has his acky leggy. he's still a beginner in the car area, but the car is growing on him. it's a very nice car.

that seems like a perfect gift, hahaha! I can't quite pull myself to afford one of those, but I after EVERY fill-up, i always calculate my MPGs. recently i've been hovering at about 24.7mpg mixed, which IMO is a dream to me, from ~22mpg before i swapped out wires, plugs, o2 sensor, and fuel filter. :]

I really want to get my emissions down too, since the last smog check paper i got, the numbers were kinda close to not passing... that was before i replaced all that stuff. how much is a new charcoal canister? and what does it specifically do?

i was thinking about an underbody tray to reduce drag, and maybe a small diffuser. all this for aerodynamics and further improving fuel economy. any info?

as far as driveability goes, this car drives absolutely smooth, the idle shaking is a small issue and rarely comes up, except when she's being irritable in the morning lol

I do have an issue at ~3000+ RPM/70mph though. My tach will go to 3300rpm every so often but my speed will still be 70mph, it feels as though my butterflies have opened since when i press on the accelerator its easier to accelerate... but i can't get it to close back up, even when i let off the gas to let the comp know i don't need the power. I'm wondering what this could be?

1) sticky IAB plate?
                                2) "black box" gone wonky?
                                3) vaccuum leak? (but if it was this, there would be issues elsewhere, right? it is ONLY at 68-70mph where this situation occurs. otherwise she drives fine and responds well, and warms up easy with no rough idle)

4)dirty IACV/FITV/other things? (PS: what are the other things attached to the plenum?)

if any information can be provided with possible remedies, it'd be greatly appreciated. imma post this up in the beginner performance too.

haha I will definitely keep up post quality lol! I feel like i'm jipping you all when i write one liners.

Comment

Working...
                                X