Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

90 accord F23 swap question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

90 accord F23 swap question

I might be getting a 90 accord from my cousin. He bought a f23 from jspec for it but never installed it. I've been doing research on it, but I'm a little confused. For the swap to work can I use the original harness, wire in VTEC and use a p0a ecu? Or is there something else I'd have to do.

If you want to keep the F23A intact, then you'll need to purchase a few things. You'll need a 3-wire to 2-wire IACV adapter like the one from Rosko Racing. I would also recommend getting an aftermarket throttle body that does not use a FITV, but if you'd prefer to use the stock one, that's understandable. Use your OEM wiring harness and distributor. The fuel rail issue can be fixed with a USDM F22B1/2/6 fuel rail and injector set. Those injectors should plug right in. Other than that, you'll need to resolve your header issue but that could depend on what you already have. So, what do you already have?
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Oh wow that's a little more work than he told me. I don't think he knows how to do this swap. I don't have anything yet. I just know he has the accord with the stock f22a tranny, and a f23a engine that hasn't been installed yet.

Comment

To reduce the amount of extra things to buy, you could just put the F22A head on the F23A block. This will allow you to use your existing intake manifold, exhaust manifold, sensors, fuel rail and injectors. You won't have VTEC and your head will need to be in good shape, but it will greatly simplify the job while giving you a nice base to build from. Compression will be higher than the US market F22A so any aftermarket camshaft will respond even better than it would in a standard F22A.
        My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

i'd just use the f23 bottom end as well, put the f22 head on. keep things mostly unmolested.

Comment

f23a swap.easy cakes

hello guys im fairly new here and ive had my car for awile. and I did this swap quite easily. if anybody has any question regarding this id be glad to help. there is a few things to watch out for. but its a reliable and cheap swap to do. very little wiring only have to extend a few wires to fit that's it. little modifications but great engine. good power.

Comment

F23 swap into 94 accord

Originally posted by cheaphorsepower View Post
              hello guys im fairly new here and ive had my car for awile. and I did this swap quite easily. if anybody has any question regarding this id be glad to help. there is a few things to watch out for. but its a reliable and cheap swap to do. very little wiring only have to extend a few wires to fit that's it. little modifications but great engine. good power.
              I'm doing this swap currently and wanted to pick you brain for you have done this swap successfully. I have the engine just need to know if POA ECU IS REQUIRED or not? Also any other issues I may run into. Also read that I can use my f22 fuel rail and injectors an dizzy. Is this true? Pls shine some light for me. Thx in advance cheaphorsepower
              Last edited by kingslingcb7; 03-07-2016, 04:18 PM. Reason: Forgot to mention person of which answer are being ask

Comment

You're about 15 months late on him, bud. He hasn't been around. The information about this swap has been posted all over the forum. Just search around for some of the more reliable posters on here and you'll have your answers.

For starters:

Yes, you will need a P0A ECU. Otherwise,you'll have no way to control VTEC engagement and you'll have a tune for a cam profile that's way off in the F23A.

No, you cannot use your F22A fuel rail. You can, however, use your OEM F22A injectors. This way you can use your factory engine wiring harness without having to replace injector clips.

In addition, you will need to wire up a VTEC pressure sensor, VTEC solenoid and VTEC solenoid ground. There are pre-made sub-harnesses that you can buy that will plug right into these connectors on the F23A engine and the other ends into the ECU pin holes.

EDIT* I just realized that you're asking for a 1994 Accord. This forum is for '90-'93 Accords and the answer you find here will not directly apply to your application. But since you seem to be a very lost puppy, I'll help you out. You haven't told us which trim level your '94 Accord is. If it's an EX, you already have a P0A ECU. And yes, the '94 Accord uses the same style of rail as the F23A, so you can use your stock injectors AND rail.

In the future, please keep conversation relevant to '90-'93 Accords unless you're posting in the "Other Automotive" section. As your sole purpose on this site seems to be to talk about a newer model, I don't think you'll be able to achieve the requisite 30 posts in order to post in that section.
                Last edited by Jarrett; 03-07-2016, 06:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X