Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Spark plugs wet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spark plugs wet

91 accord what can i do fix the car from flooding

Originally posted by roland92ha View Post
    Fuel injected cars don't flood.

Check for spark.
    MRT
    37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
    30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
    27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
    Originally posted by Tippey764
    I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
    Originally posted by deevergote
    sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Gas wet or oil wet?
      **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
      Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
      Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Originally posted by F20A CB7 View Post
        Gas wet or oil wet?
        Agreed, Which kind of wet?

If its from oil, you will need to change you sparkplug upper seals. They usually come standard in a valve cover gasket set, so you could do all of it at once, pretty simple standard job.

Worst that can happen is that it is the lower seals (my car has those messed up) but i just clean my plugs off frequently and I dont have issues since I plan on swapping heads anyways.

If im not mistaken, to change the lower ones you have to remove the head. Dont quote me on that as Im not sure and probably a member with more info can help you with that

Comment

Originally posted by ErMMaC View Post

If its from oil, you will need to change you sparkplug upper seals. They usually come standard in a valve cover gasket set, so you could do all of it at once, pretty simple standard job.

Worst that can happen is that it is the lower seals (my car has those messed up) but i just clean my plugs off frequently and I dont have issues since I plan on swapping heads anyways.

If im not mistaken, to change the lower ones you have to remove the head. Dont quote me on that as Im not sure and probably a member with more info can help you with that
          To change the lowers ones you only need to remove the valve train. Took me roughly 15 minutes for the entire thing. It's described well on here. There are even videos.
          MRT
          37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
          30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
          27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
          Originally posted by Tippey764
          I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
          sneaky motherfucker

Comment

^ I hate adjusting the valves. So easy yet I have trouble.
            **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
            Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
            Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Yeah, adjusting the valves isn't difficult, it's just a pain in the ass. You have to stand hunched over the engine the whole time, plus there's 16 of the fuckers, and you have to check each one.

Comment

people answered if its oil.... If the spark plugs are wet from fuel, it means you have aren't burning the fuel. Which means poor spark or possibly a leaking injector

Comment

is the car not starting??? end of the plug wet or top?? a fuel injected motor with no spark will flood. fact. if its oil on the end of the plug you need engine work. oil in the spark tubes you need seals.

Comment

How long has it been sitting

Comment

Originally posted by roland92ha View Post
                      We need a lot more information than this if anyone is going to be able to help you out. We need to know where on the plug, what the fluid is, i.e gas or oil and whether or not your car is running and if it is, the condition in which it is running.
                      That is exactly why pork chops don't taste like chocolate!

Comment

Originally posted by ErMMaC View Post

No you don't need to remove the head. When valve cover is down, you need to remove camshaft and it's holder. Under that are lower seals.

Comment

Working...
                        X