Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Replacing front motor mount

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replacing front motor mount

Im trying to replace my front motor mount. It looked easy enough. Bolt on top, bolt on bottom. I got the top on off just fine. (after i figured out that the nut doesn't turn. The bottom on the other hand is wedged it there. Im assuming the nut is welded on on the right side. So i must have to remove the bolt from the left side. There is a bunch of crap in the way though. Anyone done this mount that can give me some pointers?

I believe I removed my radiator fan to make more room. One side does indeed have a welded nut (I learned that the hard way as well... a few minutes of cranking on something that will never turn... )

A very long breaker bar or pipe will come in handy, as will some PB Blaster.

Comment

do you remember if you were able to get a rachet on there or do you have to use a wrench to get on it?

Comment

Try here for more info.

Comment

It might be beneficial to pick up a ratcheting wrench.

Comment

use a couple extensions and a universal joint paired up with a 3/8 ratchet

I also had luck with my 17mm Gear wrench since its slim enough to fit down there without hitting anything.

member's ride thread
            93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
            99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
            91 Accord SE 176k
            97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post
              use a couple extensions and a universal joint paired up with a 3/8 ratchet

I also had luck with my 17mm Gear wrench since its slim enough to fit down there without hitting anything.

i have all kinds of swivel extensions and what have you, but is some sort of line directly in the way. I think its an AC line and i don't want to disconnect it and have to recharge the system. I was trying to get a socket on it, but there just wasn't enough play in that line. I didn't try a wrench because i ran out of time. I just stuck the top bolt back in and put it back together. I'll try it again this evening

Comment

i did mine and yes i thought it was a blot and nut till i almost snapped the ring spanner lol then realized it was welded on.
                nah you dont need to remove anything at all...well i didnt need to.
                it was really simple to change and i have big hands

“I’d rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me. Your car is your story, so don’t let someone else write the book.”
                — Mighty Car Mods

Comment

Originally posted by Madpol View Post
                  i did mine and yes i thought it was a blot and nut till i almost snapped the ring spanner lol then realized it was welded on.
                  nah you dont need to remove anything at all...well i didnt need to.
                  it was really simple to change and i have big hands

you must be more skilled than me. I didn't remove anything but it was a hug pain in my ass. Top bolt is no problem at all. Get a ratchet with an extension and a 17mm socket from the passenger side. Bottom one is a hug pain in the ass. There is a small coolant hose right in the way. I used a 17mm 16 point box end wrench. There is just BARELY enough room to spin the bolt 1/16th of a turn and then reset and do it again and again and again. At first i had to put a pipe on it to push with. There isn't enough room slide anything over the wrench for a cheater. A speed wrench would have come in very hand, but sadly i only have them in SAE. After i got it loose, to get the bolt out i had to loosen all the 10mm bolts for the radiator (the ones on top that are easy to get to), so i could live the radator a little bit of a lift and wiggle. At least its done. Now to tackle the rear

Comment

I had a friend do the rear for me...
                    Aside from having a wide variety of tools to use, it's VERY helpful to have capable friends (with small hands!)

Comment

is the front mount your talking about?

i found it real easy and had plenty of room. nothing really in the way

“I’d rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me. Your car is your story, so don’t let someone else write the book.”
                      — Mighty Car Mods

Comment

I used a couple of extensions and a impact wrench and i worked just fine.
                        <-- MRT

Comment

Your new Zealand car must be different. My top one had the upper radiator hose in the way. No big deal. An extension got around it. The bottom was downright buried

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy22 View Post
                            Your new Zealand car must be different. My top one had the upper radiator hose in the way. No big deal. An extension got around it. The bottom was downright buried
                            wow really?
                            hmm weird. thought that they were all the same lol

— Mighty Car Mods

Comment

What I did was to remove the battery tray. With that out of the way, I was able to get to the bottom bolt with a long socket extension.

It's also REALLY easy to do it once the radiator's out.

Comment

Working...
                              X