Front bumper: 90-91 vs 92-93

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Front bumper: 90-91 vs 92-93

I know the bumper cover is different. What about the actual bumper?

Off-topic: for some reason, I can post here, but not in the beginners' section. What's up with that?

The bumpers are the same.
    "My FOR SALE thread - Click here"

MEMBERS RIDE

99 SILVERADO

WHEEL FLIP

Comment

You are not a Beginner, so why would you want to post in the Beginner's Forum?

Once you pass 30 posts you can no longer create threads in Beginner.
      '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

Originally posted by deevergote
      If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

You're given 30 posts to familiarize yourself with the forum and then you're relegated to the rest of the forum for creating posts. Why do you need to post this in the beginner section? If you feel the need to escape critical responses then address the content and the manner of your questions first. I see no issue with this one, though.
        My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by drew12000 View Post
          The bumpers are the same.
          This is incorrect. The bumper covers are different. And the bumper supports are different. The 90-91 bumper support is thicker from looking straight on up and down as compared to the 92-93 bumper support.

Originally posted by Dr. Shuffles View Post
          I know the bumper cover is different. What about the actual bumper?

Off-topic: for some reason, I can post here, but not in the beginners' section. What's up with that?
          The bumper supports are different and the bumper cover is different (as you already know). If you are doing a bumper swap you need the correct bumper support.

To have it look right, you will need the matching headlights, cornerlights and grill; otherwise, there will be some gaps between the grill/headlights and bumper.

Comment

Interesting. I've looked a several 4th gen accords with there bumper cover off and hadn't noticed any difference.

MEMBERS RIDE

99 SILVERADO

WHEEL FLIP

Comment

Interesting. I've looked a several 4th gen accords with there bumper cover off and hadn't noticed any difference.
              They "look" the same. Did you ever measure them? Or try putting a 92-93 bumper cover on a 90-91 bumper support?

I can tell you from experience (I have a 91 ex with a 92-93 front bumper swap), it will not work unless you cut up the bumper support (which wouldn't be the best idea, because its made of fiberglass). I had the 90-91 bumper support off of my car, and was trying to attach the 92-93 bumper cover to it. It would not work. But, the 92-93 bumper support and 92-93 bumper cover work perfectly together.

However, I don't know about the reverse of this situation though. IE trying to fit a 90-91 bumper cover onto a 92-93 bumper support. It might work, since the area to fit the bumper support into the bumper cover is larger on the 90-91 bumper cover as compared to the 92-93 bumper cover.

Comment

No and No.

If you have pics of the differences, please post them up. Next time I visit the salvage yards. I will take a tape measure.

MEMBERS RIDE

99 SILVERADO

WHEEL FLIP

Comment

No and No.

If you have pics of the differences, please post them up. Next time I visit the salvage yards. I will take a tape measure.
                  I never took photos of doing the swap and threw away my old bumper support (I was pissed from being itchy from touching all the fiberglass). You don't really need a measuring tape. Just take a 92-93 bumper cover and try to fit it on a 90-91 bumper support. It will not work. You need the correct bumper support. I'm sorry that you require some physical evidence to believe me, but I know what I am talking about. Plus, its been covered in numerous threads concerning the bumper swap.

Comment

I wasn't needing visual evidence to believe you. I was hoping you had pics so it could be documented.

MEMBERS RIDE

99 SILVERADO

WHEEL FLIP

Comment

I wasn't needing visual evidence to believe you. I was hoping you had pics so it could be documented.
                      I apologize for my confusion. I wish I actually had documented it. Next time I go to a junkyard I will compare the two.

Comment

my car is a 91 with 92-93 bumpers front and rear and i dont remember the supports being different... granted i did the conversion 7 or 8 years ago.... but i really dont recall any differences.

"Tucking tires and wires."
                        The Chronicles.

Comment

Working...
                        X