Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Radiator fan stopped working!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Radiator fan stopped working!!

I was on my way home from the store when I realized my car was over heating.. My radiator is full but my reservoir wasn't.. So I added some water and made it home but when I popped the hood I realized my fan wasn't on.. Is there any way it broke?

plug it direct to the battery nd c if its the fan working or it cam be ur relay

Comment

The fan isn't supposed to be on all the time. There's a coolant temperature sensor that switches it on (or maybe two sensors, I'm not sure). Let the car idle for a few minutes, and you should see the fan come on.

And try to find out if you're leaking coolant.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Shuffles View Post
        The fan isn't supposed to be on all the time. There's a coolant temperature sensor that switches it on (or maybe two sensors, I'm not sure). Let the car idle for a few minutes, and you should see the fan come on.

And try to find out if you're leaking coolant.
        There are 2 fan switches, one on the t stat housing and one on the coolant neck at the front of the head.
        Originally posted by Mishakol129
        Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

Yeah i checked everything yesterday.. It ended up that my fan didnt even work.. And i never knew i was suppose to have 2 fans cuz my car only had 1

Comment

the one on the right side its for the ac......i bet thas the one missing

Comment

Originally posted by Mr92cb7 View Post
              Yeah i checked everything yesterday.. It ended up that my fan didnt even work.. And i never knew i was suppose to have 2 fans cuz my car only had 1
              The fan on the driver's side comes on when the AC is running. If you don't have AC, then you shouldn't have this fan. If you do have AC, and you don't have the fan, then something is wrong.

Comment

Actually i had the AC fan but didnt have the radiator fan..

Comment

Actually i had the AC fan but didnt have the radiator fan..
                  Did you buy this car from some ricer idiot?

Comment

Originally posted by dj_ender View Post
                    Did you buy this car from some ricer idiot?
                    Actually i got it from a buddy of mine for 1000.. He doesnt like accords so i came up pretty much.. Well i think lol

Comment

Actually i got it from a buddy of mine for 1000.. He doesnt like accords so i came up pretty much.. Well i think lol
                      Just seems REALLY odd someone would run the car without a radiator fan, that's all.

Comment

Just seems REALLY odd someone would run the car without a radiator fan, that's all.
                        Yeah i thought so too.. Weird thing though i drove it all over the place and took it over 200 miles out of town and not once did it over heat.. It ran like a champ.. But now it over heats :/

Comment

Yeah i thought so too.. Weird thing though i drove it all over the place and took it over 200 miles out of town and not once did it over heat.. It ran like a champ.. But now it over heats :/
                          Fans are cheap at the jy, like $20.

Comment

Fans are cheap at the jy, like $20.
                            Yeah imma go grab one.. Take a look at my car bro.. Beginner image section.. "My 92 Accord LX"

Comment

Better yet, ask your idiot friend what the hell he did with the fan. Maybe he still has it somewhere.

It's not really surprising that you didn't overheat before. The fan is only necessary when the car is standing still, when it's hot out, when the engine's working really hard, or some combination of the above.

Comment

Working...
                              X