CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Beginner forum -- New members post here! > Beginner Image Gallery

Old 06-09-2018, 10:00 PM   #1
Schex
Newcomer

Schex is cool... so far.
My first honda (CB7) and its 99% stock.

I just got a 1992 Honda Accord LE. Its the 2.2L and 5 speed manual.

It is 99% stock the only mods done to it were a tow bar for an RV and a new head unit that has bluetooth.

The car has no rust and looks clean as hell. Interior is damn near mint. No rips on the seats anywhere and the steering wheel is no torn up. Minor dents on the trunk but an easy fix. It has the F22A. I am looking to do a swap eventually.

What do you guys think? Anything I should be loooing out for as a first time CB7 owner? Discuss below!

Pictures: https://imgur.com/gallery/a2GLmKE
Schex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 11:06 PM   #2
Jarrett
Contributing Member

Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool...
Send a message via AIM to Jarrett
That looks really clean for the car, given the age! Great find! By the way, it's an LX, not an LE. I would heavily go over the stickies in the Technical and Performance section of this site. They will help to address idle problems, hesitations and any other common issues to help you get the car running great. The F22A1 is a decent engine when it's in good condition. And before a swap is done, you can get a little bit more out of the F22A1 with about $500 and a few hours under the hood.
If you see any threads or posts of mine whose picture links are broken (there are a lot), please send me a link to the thread. I will gladly fix them. I don't see it as a fruitless burden. This site has helped give me quite a bit of my drive and passion for cars, and fixing my picture links is the least I can do to give back.
Jarrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 10:35 AM   #3
Schex
Newcomer

Schex is cool... so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarrett View Post
That looks really clean for the car, given the age! Great find! By the way, it's an LX, not an LE. I would heavily go over the stickies in the Technical and Performance section of this site. They will help to address idle problems, hesitations and any other common issues to help you get the car running great. The F22A1 is a decent engine when it's in good condition. And before a swap is done, you can get a little bit more out of the F22A1 with about $500 and a few hours under the hood.
Yes, that was my mistake it is an LX. What exactly could I get done to it? Itís going to be a minute before I do a swap because I deploy in September. Thanks!
Old 06-10-2018, 06:06 PM   #4
Size9zombie
CB7tuner Member

Size9zombie is cool... so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schex View Post
Yes, that was my mistake it is an LX. What exactly could I get done to it? Itís going to be a minute before I do a swap because I deploy in September. Thanks!
Go to the Beginner Technical/Performance section, there is a sticky near the top of the page.
Size9zombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 07:29 PM   #5
Grumpys93
Contributing Member

Grumpys93 seems to have made some friends!
Nice CB you got there. I would first remove the RV hitch unless you are planning on towing it. What branch are you in? We have a couple military members here including myself. Welcome to the CB family.
FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93
Grumpys93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 11:27 AM   #6
HappyGilmore
Contributing Member

HappyGilmore is cool... so far.
Send a message via AIM to HappyGilmore Send a message via MSN to HappyGilmore Send a message via Yahoo to HappyGilmore Send a message via Skype™ to HappyGilmore
This reminds me of my dads first CB back in 1992 only thing his was an EX. I am also military as grumpy stated above there is quite a few of us here. Where might you be headed to? Welcome to the site and very very nice CB you have there.
Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
92 LX Coupe F22A1
97 LX Wagon 5-Speed F22B2
92 EX Sedan F22A1
Quote:
Originally Posted by deevergote View Post
Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)
HappyGilmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 10:06 PM   #7
Rat
CB7tuner Member

Rat is cool... so far.
Congrats on the good find. Its getting harder and harder to find these in good shape and stock. How many miles are on it?
Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 10:06 AM   #8
Schex
Newcomer

Schex is cool... so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpys93 View Post
Nice CB you got there. I would first remove the RV hitch unless you are planning on towing it. What branch are you in? We have a couple military members here including myself. Welcome to the CB family.
I am planning to. I am in the Marine Corps. Thanks Iím excited to make this car mine. 👍🏼

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyGilmore View Post
This reminds me of my dads first CB back in 1992 only thing his was an EX. I am also military as grumpy stated above there is quite a few of us here. Where might you be headed to? Welcome to the site and very very nice CB you have there.
My grandfather had a 92 accord as well I think thatís why I gravitated so much to the Cb7s. I am in California right now. SoCal. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rat View Post
Congrats on the good find. Its getting harder and harder to find these in good shape and stock. How many miles are on it?
Thanks! I wasnít really surprised when I went to see it in person. The ODO reads 401k but again it was towed behind an RV. I would guess less than 150k engine miles. It drives like a dream. 👍🏼
Old 06-17-2018, 06:20 PM   #9
NH-503P-3
CB7tuner Member

NH-503P-3 is cool... so far.
Schex, since you’re in SoCal right now I have the stock EX front lip if you need something after you yank off that hitch. You can have it. Just hit me up.

~Mark~
NH-503P-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 10:36 AM   #10
Schex
Newcomer

Schex is cool... so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NH-503P-3 View Post
Schex, since youíre in SoCal right now I have the stock EX front lip if you need something after you yank off that hitch. You can have it. Just hit me up.
That would be cool! Yeah I got to get the cars front end up to take the tow bar off but I can do it soon. I also got a new grill and emblem on the way! Thanks man!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: