No announcement yet.

Post PICS of your latest purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm worried when I go to sell my house that lots of expensive stuff will need to be fixed. I know of a few cosmetic issues, but fortunately no structural issues seem present. I've been changing the outlets to comply with local codes.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
      I'm worried when I go to sell my house that lots of expensive stuff will need to be fixed. I know of a few cosmetic issues, but fortunately no structural issues seem present. I've been changing the outlets to comply with local codes.
      You have a basement/crawl or you on a slab?

The biggest issues are usually structural/wood destroying insects/and moisture/leaks/mold.

My current house had 0 issues. Still doesn't. Only issue that came up on our inspection was bad flashing up on the roof for the chimney. Some random electrical issues. Seller fixed all of them. We thought that was the norm.

Turns out, a lot of houses have a lot of issues. This house we are pursuing now I guess is more of the norm. Kind of scary!

Inspector is there now checking the structure stuff, so hopefully its not too bad and we can close this deal and move in in a month.

I changed almost all the outlets in my house to the tamper proof but I think code now is the new arc sensing outlets. Didn't even start with those yet.

Comment

I've got a full(ish) basement. Not finishable, sadly, but enough that you can stand straight in most areas that aren't occupied by ducts. The band used to practice down there for a while!
        When I bought this place, I had some evidence of corrected termite damage (minor). I think times were different then, though. In 2003, it seems people were a bit more forgiving of quirks. My house had hideous wallpaper, brand new high quality carpet in an awful green color (seller was color blind... ) I just took the good with the bad, and slowly brought it up to my tastes. No major electrical, structural, or plumbing issues. Roof was good, HVAC was good. Appliances were functional (all have since been replaced...)

Now, it seems many people are looking for a move-in-ready house. Something that is already all fixed up, and needs no work. I'm hoping for my place, with an asking price of $120,000 to start, will appeal more to someone that just wants a mortgage that isn't much worse than paying rent in this area! The "starter home" idea isn't really what it once was since the recession. Now, you live with your folks until you can afford ("afford") to buy a really nice place of your own. A 5-10 year "starter home" isn't as desirable.

I've heard that the AFCI outlets aren't necessary on anything but a new construction. Hopefully that's the case, because that adds up! GFCI/AFCI combo outlets are $25 a pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
          Here's my latest purchase and maybe the last thing I buy for a while.

It's a 2015 F-150 King Ranch. It has every single available option for this trim level aside from the 36-gallon gas tank. I got back to the house pretty late from the dealer, so I don't have any nice pictures. I'll post more tomorrow.

It's an EcoBoost twin turbo V6, and I'm seriously thinking about modifying it. At least an exhaust.

Please don't be that truck owner with an exhaust.

The area that I live in has all these stupid SUVs and trucks with super loud/annoying (probably just rusted-out) exhausts. It just annoys me. I don't see the appeal of having an exhaust on a truck.

But you do you, since you don't leave near me.
          That's my rant for the day..
          I'm faster then a prius

Comment

You can get a nice sound out of it without making it obnoxiously loud . Just to make the drive more enjoyable.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
              You can get a nice sound out of it without making it obnoxiously loud . Just to make the drive more enjoyable.
              Can you pass that along to 99% of motorcycle owners? I live on a corner and so many go WOT as they turn onto my street. When I can't hear my lawnmower because of your exhaust. I hate Harleys with a deep seated passion.

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior View Post
                Can you pass that along to 99% of motorcycle owners? I live on a corner and so many go WOT as they turn onto my street. When I can't hear my lawnmower because of your exhaust. I hate Harleys with a deep seated passion.
                imagine living with your bedroom window across from their garage. my neighbor, at 6am every morning, backs his bike out into the driveway with the tailpipe pointing at my window, and revs it while it warms up.

can - not - stand - it

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                Current cars:
                - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

I have nothing against the motorcycles themselves, but I despise the narcissism that manifests in most of the riders with them revving their engines at idle. Even crapped out single cam Honda drivers don't do that. Is it a "look at me" mentality? Do they think it makes them look tough or cool? Or am I being overly critical and it's something most people do semiconsciously? I know that I rode a motorcycle for a few years, and I never had to do that in order to keep it running.
                  My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

As someone who rides daily, and doesn't rev unnecessarily, imo, you're correct. It's a "look at me!" Attitude

I wish I could trade my heart for an extra liver, just so I can drink more and care less.

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike] View Post
                      imagine living with your bedroom window across from their garage. my neighbor, at 6am every morning, backs his bike out into the driveway with the tailpipe pointing at my window, and revs it while it warms up.

can - not - stand - it
                      My condolences. I'd cry.

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
                      I have nothing against the motorcycles themselves, but I despise the narcissism that manifests in most of the riders with them revving their engines at idle. Even crapped out single cam Honda drivers don't do that. Is it a "look at me" mentality? Do they think it makes them look tough or cool? Or am I being overly critical and it's something most people do semiconsciously? I know that I rode a motorcycle for a few years, and I never had to do that in order to keep it running.
                      The thing with Harley's is then they need all the associated gear and logos and decals.

My father in law admits that revving the bike was something he'd do subconsciously to pass time at lights but he had an old CB750 when they were new, not the obnoxious Harley.

Originally posted by bassrock234 View Post

As someone who rides daily, and doesn't rev unnecessarily, imo, you're correct. It's a "look at me!" Attitude
                      Again living on a corner, two will sit talking, revving and blaring the Eagles for like 5 minutes at a time, then take off WOT.

They'd be the first to complain if you sat in front of their house revving your car, too.

Comment

OMG, loud bikes are way worse than loud trucks.

Idiots with their stupid loud exhausts, speeding through my residential neighborhood at 50mph, blasting gangster rap music.
                        "Loud pipes save lives", my butt.

Also crotch rockets.
                        Nobody in the surrounding 2 mile radius wants to hear you gunning your bike, every 10 seconds.
                        I'm faster then a prius

Comment

ARP headstuds

Ferrea valve guides, Greddy timing belt and balancer belt.

yay for motor parts!

Comment

If you guys haven't seen the South Park episode about Harley riders, look it up. Even if you dislike the show.

I get bikes of both sorts racing past my house every morning when I'm trying to get to sleep. Ear plugs don't do a thing for that.
                            Last edited by CyborgGT; 05-10-2017, 04:18 AM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

^Yes!!! I'm not a huge fan of the show at all but that episode was great! I really dig your new Mugen strut bars too btw

Comment

Originally posted by Corweena View Post
                                ARP headstuds

Ferrea valve guides, Greddy timing belt and balancer belt.

yay for motor parts!
                                those valve guides are made very well. outer diameter is on size and they have a nice step for the installed height which factory and most aftermarket manufacturers dont have.
                                I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Working...
                                X