No announcement yet.

H311RA151N : 1998 Eagle Talon TSi AWD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is a Honda tat on the left and Acura on the right. Very nice. I don't think I could be that car loyal

Engine bay shots are so difficult, but you did a pretty good job. Are you just using garage lighting?

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
      It is a Honda tat on the left and Acura on the right. Very nice. I don't think I could be that car loyal

Engine bay shots are so difficult, but you did a pretty good job. Are you just using garage lighting?
      I was young. Luckily they are behind me and I sometimes forget that I have them. I'm getting them removed one of these days. I thought about covering them up with bandaids but, they are what they are.

I'm using a cheap combination. I set a $30-$35 budget. Led clip on selfie ring, 100w equivalent led garage lighting (already had) and a decent quality tweaker headlamp that ive had for years. I have a $6 short flexible camera stand and a $15 tripod. I also bought a mic with a 16 foot cord that I haven't used yet. All off Amazon.

I appreciate it man! Seriously!

I'm trying, I think I'm improving somewhat. Ive learned that it's an art, it's difficult and I'm green.

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
        I actually enjoyed that little video while sipping my morning coffee. And ya, sounds loud :P

D00d, did you get a Honda tattoo above your elbow?
        Awesome! That's great to hear! I seriously appreciate it!

I did... I think in 2011 or 2012. I regret it for the most part. I tried to keep everything above my elbows so it wouldn't show. Luckily I only have three. I'm not into ink anymore. I'll have the Acura and Honda removed one of these days. The other is a tribal and it doesn't show hardly ever and it's too big to remove.

Comment

I made another video today. I'm having fun with the Talon which I don't hardly drive anymore. I feel bad like every time I drive it for beating the snot out of it.

I can't wait to start on the CB7. As strange as that must sound when I have a turbo car. I'm so much more comfortable and knowledgeable with the CB7 chassis. I have a ton of parts to install and I'm super excited to get started.

Comment

If there is ever a video of mine that you watch, this might be it. Did several pulls in the Talon today. Until the intercooler heat soaked. Pulls are from 0 to 80, which is the end of second gear.

Comment

Glad she's up and running! I'm sure the video doesn't do it justice as that looked and sounded slow. Ever use an app on the phone to track 0-60 time? (drag racer, etc.)

Comment

Do you have plans to take it to the track to see what she is capable of?
                The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
                  Glad she's up and running! I'm sure the video doesn't do it justice as that looked and sounded slow. Ever use an app on the phone to track 0-60 time? (drag racer, etc.)
                  Me too!

It's about as fast as a stock 2g at the current boost level. Only difference at 10psi with the T28 is it pulls to redline without the boost tapering off. I have everything but a manual boost controller, wideband and DSM link to turn it up. Once I turn it up over the winter it will produce about 100hp more than it does currently. Possibly 120 with an excellent tune. It will end up @23psi give or take. If I think it's safe my ultimate goal is 330whp which might happen with 272 cams if I cant get it from boost and a really good tune.

I need to get a 0-60 app and do another couple runs. 1st gear tops at 50mph, 2nd tops at 80. I think it tops out 3rd @ 110. On the T25 I couldn't overcome 142 @5,000rpm. I think now it would max the speedo out @ 160 in 4th with the T/C locked. If not pretty close. 150 easily. However I'm not willing.

Originally posted by Straight Success View Post
                  Do you have plans to take it to the track to see what she is capable of?
                  Next summer. It should run mid to high 14s now. Not too impressive. At 300-330whp which is my goals for next summer it should run high 11s or very low 12's for sure. That will be taking the T28 to the very top of its efficiency range.

Really I would just like to make a pass with a 1.8 or lower 60' next year. It's really exciting to get out of the hole so quickly!

14.9 is what a bone stock GSX runs. So that or a little quicker is probably what it will do currently.

Comment

Also, I'm still figuring out the shifter. It's delayed so it slaps rev limiter a couple times. I'm getting better at it. Just needs disassembled and lubed. Seriously though, I'm getting a shift box from Forced Four. So I'm not worried about it. Essentially it bypasses the TCU all together and relies on me hitting the buttons. It has software that prevents bad things from happening and is fully user adjustable. And it also automatically enables full line pressure. So it will shift a lot more aggressively.

Comment

Nothing has changed on this car. I drive it every once in a while. I have fun when I do though.

When life permits, things will start getting done. Until then, patience and maintenance is key I guess.

20200401_021401 by jcarden405, on Flickr

GOPR0608_1590312092126 by jcarden405, on Flickr

Polish_20200413_033832822 by jcarden405, on Flickr

Comment

Just playing around. Mainly in reference to the camera equipment /software.

Someone named this car a while back because it was the only one that didn’t have a nickname. I forgot who but I guess it’s name is Crimson. The names actually started intending to be derogatory. Iirc I was having a hard time with one. Anyhow, here’s a video.

Comment

***Fixed via web browser.***

I'm back. Lots and lots of updates.

Updates :

-Tuned on ECU Flash via Tactrix @16-17psi.

-XS Power Ported & Polished Stainless Tubular O2 Housing wrapped in DEI Titanium exhaust wrap and coated in DEI Silicone spray.

-Megan 3" Downpipe now has a T304 Stainless V-Band for easy removal. Professionally tig welded.

-Shimmed wasegate actuator to keep the wastegate flapper from blowing open @ higher boost. Aka preload.

-Innovate MTX-L Plus Wideband. Installed with a relay (The correct way) with a stainless (not mild steel) 1" bung at the 12 o'clock position.

-AEM Digital boost gauge.

-Autometer Ultra Lite mechanical oil pressure gauge. Installed with -4 an stainless line. Fully custom. Autometer gauge cup on the column.

-Custom remote OEM oil pressure switch. Fully fabricated.

-Stereo delete. Custom interior under dash wiring harness. USB 3.0 socket to access Tactrix (ECU) for flashing and logging.

-Custom expanded 2 way true 1.5-2.0 mile car alarm system expanded with multiple additions and BPS. Transmitter and receiver utilize random synchronized RF frequency rotation. Hood, hatch and door sensors. Tilt sensor. Proximity sensors. Ignition kill relay.

-Hiden manual ignition/fuel kill switch.

-Vehicle tracking system on BPS with 14 day backup. 10 second interval transmission linked to home based Raspberry PI/Linux system. Switchable true on/off from within vehicle via hidden microswitch.

-All security/tracking equipment enclosed in individual faraday cages minus receivers/antenna.

-Muffler delete. 3" T304 stainless straight pipe.

-Redline Shockproof Heavy in the T-Case and rear diff.

-Hallman Pro Boost boost controller. Purple.

-Cruise control delete.

-Stainless oil supply line for turbo. DEI heat sleeve wrapped.

-Walbro 190 fuel pump.

-Fuel Lab 818 -6an tank to rail kit.

-Modified fuel pump hanger. -6an bulkhead fitting. No bottle necks. True full 5/16" id supply right off fuel pump all the way to the fuel rail.

Other stuff too. Not worth mentioning.

Evo Scan estimates the car to make 265-275whp. It literally just trashed the end clutches so I had to order an IPT end clutch kit, trans filter and pan gasket and 8qts of Mopar ATF +4. 3-4 end clutches are replaced by removing the passenger side front wheel and removing about 5 10mm bolts. Luckily it's about a 45 min job.

I was doing back to back boosted launches in the rain spinning 3 and sometimes all 4 tires all the way through 1st. Sketchy when it hooks. It's super loud. Shoots fireballs against the rev limiter. Ignition timing advance is very conservative until I get better at tuning. Next, Water/meth injection, Fuel Lab adj FPR, 850cc injectors and further tuning. 300-330awhp. So close.

I have many pictures and about 5 videos. Everything is just about complete. Just needing final touches.
                          Last edited by H311RA151N; 11-19-2020, 02:07 PM.

Comment

I need to figure out how to upload videos again I think. Lol Here is a little clip since it's been so long. Pretty rough. Most of my filming is within the garage. But this one was fun none the less.

I had to add the last clip. Crappy video but fun. I didn't think it would break loose being awd but it did. I'm afraid if I tell people how much boost it builds off the converter no one would believe me. But, I can build FULL boost off the stock converter. Idk why. But i look down and it's at 16-17psi before letting it go. It wouldn't do that until I installed the stainless tubular O2 housing that I ported and polished up.

I will get my first video I planned on releasing out here soon to you guys. Some of you will darn near be "meeting" me for the first time. Hopefully you guys like it.

https://youtu.be/ZnvRs85bXPQ
                            Last edited by H311RA151N; 11-19-2020, 04:04 PM.

Comment

I'm having a really hard time finding this thread. I assume it's because the site renovation is still ongoing.

I have an IPT Trans end clutch kit I just ordered. Along with a new transmission filter & pan gasket. I need to get it installed here soon.

Last edited by H311RA151N; 11-24-2020, 04:56 PM.

Comment

This looks like a pretty busy 2020 update. I hope it is as fast as it looks like it will be!
                                http://www.hondanews.com/releases/19...d-introduction

Comment

Working...
                                X