No announcement yet.

GhostAccord: 2012 Honda Ridgeline VP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mmmm... purdy! You're right about the pictures, though. I didn't even realize they weren't black until I read your comment... but even so, they look great! Waiting to see installed pics!

Comment

Thanks. Yeah it is a very subtle pearl, it looks like there is some dark burgundy, purple and gold in it. Can't wait to have this thing all cleaned up and get the summer goodies on it. Only thing is, my new rims are gloss black, no pearl. May have to change that next winter!

The valve and intake covers will have to wait for a few more weeks. I'll be taking her in for the timing belt and water pump service around the middle of May. Oil service is still at 70%, have to wait until at least 50%...lol That's when I will be installing the camshafts and all the painted covers.

Once I get that all tuned up and have had some time driving it around. I will drop in the individual throttle manifold and really start to have some fun.
      MR Thread
      GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Finally two nice sunny days in a row. All the snow is gone so now it's time to start adding some parts!

Out with the old

in with the new

Added a set of yellow DRL bulbs while I had the bumper off.

I also took a few minutes to add my splash guards. Figured in this climate that these would be standard equipment. Guess not with the Value Package!

MR Thread
        GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Nice looks even better with that grill. So did you just swap the bulbs around so the yellow DRLs are on the outside and not the inside of the bumper? Also that is interesting that mud flaps didn't come standard even on the value package. I know when I bought my tundra when I was stationed in WA, it came with fog lights and mud flaps as standard equipment.
          ~Nick~
          FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
          MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpys93 View Post
            Nice looks even better with that grill. So did you just swap the bulbs around so the yellow DRLs are on the outside and not the inside of the bumper? Also that is interesting that mud flaps didn't come standard even on the value package. I know when I bought my tundra when I was stationed in WA, it came with fog lights and mud flaps as standard equipment.
            Thanks, I really like the blacked out look.

No I didn't do anything quite that fancy. I just swapped out the regular DRL bulbs for yellow ones. Still have he yellow fogs as well.

I thought it was kind of messed up that rear guards would be an "option" as well. Maybe the guy who bought it first had them removed?????
            MR Thread
            GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Not sure why anyone who owns a truck would remove the rear mud flaps or any mud flaps period. But since it only came with the fronts like my accord did I'm assuming that was factory. Maybe it was previously purchased down south and brought up to Canada. Did you get a carfax when you purchased it?
              ~Nick~
              FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13

Comment

No carfax, but I know the previous owner since new. So I asked him today and it did not come with them,they were an option.
                MR Thread
                GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

New shoes.....

Wanted to get these wheels and tires installed to see how they looked. after seeing how they look. The 2" drop springs I have will definitely be installed next weekend.
                  MR Thread
                  GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

No drop this weekend....

Instead I took a few minutes today to start ripping into the exhaust.

Figured the best way to do this was to drop the entire exhaust from the down pipe back. Rather than trying to unbolt the cat. Those nuts are rough!

Then it was on to the pre-cats...... Front one was fairly easy.

The rear was not as easy. There really isn't much room back there. If you have any size to your forearms this job will be a challenge. I was only able to get it out and it was BBQ time. Will get back to it tomorrow to finish the rest of the install.
                    MR Thread
                    GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Here is the before stock exhaust video,

I think the 3.5" intake has a lot to do with how this sounds stock.

and the after modified exhaust video,

RV6 P Pre-Cat delete
                      RV6 P J-Pipe
                      Modified (2.5" inlet and outlet) Magnaflow higflow cat
                      2.5" Borla Cat back exhaust

Did the idle relearn and took her out for a good 30 min rip on back country roads and a 20 min cruise on the highway. Love the sound and there were noticeable ass dyno gains. :wink:

After I get the cams installed at the end of the month. I'll put her on the dyno and see what the actual difference is.
                      MR Thread
                      GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

That is some beautiful piping!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                          Yes it is. Love me some heavy gauge stainless. They make excellent products using highly skilled tradesmen. It will outlast the chassis!
                          MR Thread
                          GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                            That's what she said......Sorry it was asking for it.

Back on topic:
                            Love the new exhaust and the best thing is, it won't rust!
                            ~Nick~

Comment

man i love this thing, this truck is after my own heart. i have trouble leaving things alone too. you should pm me about that intake setup, i have a few questions and maybe even some ideas, i had a similar plan just couldnt work out some of the details.

MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=95154

Comment

Thanks boys!

PM Sent, I'll share everything that I know and I am always open to new ideas.
                                MR Thread
                                GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Working...
                                X