• Show
Clear All

nothing you haven't seen already well a few you haven't

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
    1992 Accord EX Coupe
    My FS Thread
    Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
    Originally posted by deevergote
    Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

The rack will still fit?

Comment

i still have to raise the trans, also it only sticks out from the firewall 2-3", it looks way further out in this photo but it should, or I will use the spot on the R33 cross member, or I will make a cross member that will keep it as close to stock as possible

1992 Accord EX Coupe
        My FS Thread
        Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

Pic is showing alot of space needed. I would stay away from getting too involved in the trans mounting at this point(just my input, take it for what its worth). You've gotta get the rear end in before any of the measuring/cutting/mounting your working on will matter. You dont want to get the rear end in and realize you have to re-work everything your working on now.

[/QUOTE]

Also, bottom of tranny is looking dangerously low to the ground. Maybe its just the pic, but it looks like it needs 6+ inches to clear.

Nice efforts though, keep it up.
          Last edited by toycar; 06-28-2011, 10:05 AM.
          Originally posted by wed3k
          im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

nice work man. this is some real inginuity. thought about a similar project for my cb but decided to get an evo instead. i'll stay tuned for this tho.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3222203/5

Comment

Ahh sneaky sneaky
              NEW CB

old Darkcloud : 1990 Accord EX MRT

new
              DARKCLOUD : 90 ACCORD EX MRT

Comment

toycar it is just the photo, its more like 2-3inches, plus the bellhousing side of the trans is sitting in a notch in the palette , the rear of the trans is closer because the trans mount is stopping it from sitting in the notch also, but it goes both ways, it would be better in my case if I did the front first because I have limited clearance for the engine, I can easily have the rear go up or down a few inches, not so much with the engine, I wont be making the tunnel yet but I will be mounting it then I will mount the rear
                Last edited by almostJDM; 06-29-2011, 11:34 PM.

1992 Accord EX Coupe
                My FS Thread

Comment

nice progress man...see you at the meet in az

Ride List
                  1990 Accord dx coupe - my baby (dsm turbo set up in progress) http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3202853
                  2005 Mazda 6s - daily driver http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3171724(totaled)
                  newest 2006 mazdaspeed 6 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/4073987/2006-mazda-mazda6

Comment

definitely needs more up clearance...

it also looks as if the shifter is going to sit pretty low as well. id definitely need it to come higher overall for my application. no way it could sit lower than the frame rails.

progress looks good though. im a little sad i wasn't able to be the first to document something like this on here but at least a lit of my questions will be answered if it all works for you.

subscribed.

Comment

its still 2-3" from touching the bottom, I'll throw some boards under it o raid it up and snap some shots to show you how it will actually sit even a shot from the side so everyone will see how it will sit

1992 Accord EX Coupe
                      My FS Thread

Comment

Can't believe you're actually going through with it man, props for putting your money where your mouth is, this is awesome.

Originally posted by lordoja
                        im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

just went and bought the first of my steel tubing to make my trans tunnel, well just the part that will be welded to the floor, I'm going to use 3/4"x3/4" 1/8 thick square tubing then covering it in possibly 1/16" sheet metal, also went and got a bottle of argon for my tig and filler rod, tonight and all through tomorrow night will be busy busy time should have the trans tunnel frame done, I'm not going to cover it in sheet metal yet until I get the rear done

1992 Accord EX Coupe
                          My FS Thread

Comment

excellent work so far bro!
                            i just stumbled on this thread, and i read every post!

are you going for a sleeper look?

Sold to: dbsharp, daheavyking X3
                            Bought from:'93CB7Ex, xkjnboix, duffmanivxx, remix405, CB7tuner official shop

Comment

I want to make it look like it did before I started the project

1992 Accord EX Coupe
                              My FS Thread

Comment

Something I was thinking about from my 429/fox body swap;

We found that when mounting the tranny/engine, it was easier to mount the tranny/enging as one assembly. My wifes uncle builds hot rods, and turned us on to the technique. Hot rod builders use plastic replicas, tranny/motors as one assembly, to work out the mounts.

Out of disbelief we tried our way anyways. We fiddled around with mounting them individually, but in the end it created too many variables and what worked for the tranny wouldnt work for the motor. So, we bolted them together to find our mount locations all at once and it was so much easier.

Hope that helps!!
                                Originally posted by wed3k
                                im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

Working...
                                X