INT: Sound deadening

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by integra_hot View Post
    i guess so, it's been a while since i've looked at it. i know its the same concept as laying out the sound deadening material, just in a spray form
    I put Quiet Kote in the same category as liquid sound deadening products/noise and vibration coatings. Basically they work in the same fashion as CLDs, just slightly different.
    Click Image for CB7Tuner.com Beanies, Decals, & Keychains!

Comment

now do any of these insulate as well as deaden sound?

Comment

Originally posted by nate'sCB7 View Post
        now do any of these insulate as well as deaden sound?
        Most anything you install between you and a heat source will help reduce or at least slow down the transfer of heat, some just do it better the others.

The CLD butyl based mats do a fantastic job at controlling/reducing heat transfer. I had Damplifier Pro installed on my hood for a few years and the hood NEVER got the least bit warm. My roof is covered with the same product and it helps with the summer heat.

Some of the liquid products are actually made to insulate. Second Skin's Spectrum Firewall is a prime example of a product that deadens as well as insulates.

The MLVs also do a good job at insulating because of how thick they are.

So most of the products will insulate as well as help with sound/noise transfer.

Comment

How do you think 1/4" Dynomat Dynaliner would compare to the Damplifer Pro you used for the roof?
          My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

nice write up...My sound guy here charges $2000+ to do what you did, glad hes on my side... I'm starting in the trunk, and I filled all the voids with high density foam, and sealed all the skin to frame gaps to avoid the skin rattling away from the frame. then I will be doing the dynamat. As I do have a sub and do not want the stock glue to break apart

My ride:
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=143916

Comment

Originally posted by 19dabeast85 View Post
              How do you think 1/4" Dynomat Dynaliner would compare to the Damplifer Pro you used for the roof?
              Well Dynaliner is a foam product, not a CLD vibration mat. So I would actually compare Dynaliner to Second Skin's OverKill or OverKill Pro products, as those are foam as well.

In terms of which one would be better, the Damplifier Pro would yield you a better result hands down.

Originally posted by accordict View Post
              nice write up...My sound guy here charges $2000+ to do what you did, glad hes on my side... I'm starting in the trunk, and I filled all the voids with high density foam, and sealed all the skin to frame gaps to avoid the skin rattling away from the frame. then I will be doing the dynamat. As I do have a sub and do not want the stock glue to break apart
              Sounds like you know what you're doing.
              Most people don't go as far as spraying poly foam into nooks and crannies, but it can help for those larger voids that you are unsure what to do.

Comment

Nice writeup. I partially insulated my wagon in 08 using eDead V2 and V4 Teklite. I did the floor panel and the front doors. Other than the fact my component woofers don't vibrate the door panel as much, I didn't notice much difference from the doors. I think I will change both the window and door seals and they will make a big difference.

The floor panel difference blew my mind though. Amazing how much less you hear and even feel. The car feels more solid and raised. I'm going to follow your advice and do the ceiling next. I tried to do the back hatch, but it's difficult to fit any product in there.

Thanks for the DIY!
                1992 Accord LX Wagon 248K/155 Miles

Comment

Damn, nice write up. Question for this, does this put a lot of weight into the car?
                  "The greatest loyalty in life is, above all, to thine own Self be true."

Facebook
                  MySpace
                  My Ride

Comment

Thanks guys.
                    qbodsyt, I know it's crazy how much of a difference it makes.

Originally posted by ECalvo31 View Post
                    Damn, nice write up. Question for this, does this put a lot of weight into the car?
                    It can, which is another reason why I wrote this. Even with the crazy amount I installed, all said and done it was only a little bit over 120lbs. I've since removed some of the material and have it down to less then 100lbs, which to some is still excessive.

If you were to do most everything correctly, you can get a really quiet ride without breaking the bank and adding less then 50lbs worth of material... you just need to know what you're doing.

Comment

can you post pics of your front doors? i wanna see how you did it with speakers.

Be Clean

Comment

Originally posted by nostringz View Post
                        can you post pics of your front doors? i wanna see how you did it with speakers.
                        Ask and you shall receive.
                        And again I must state I OVER DID IT, happy with the results but it can be achieved with much less.
                        Now on with the pics:

Last edited by Jon; 10-25-2009, 12:49 AM.

Comment

If I ONLY did my floor, would I get a good reduction of road noise? I don't have the money for a full 100% job.

Originally posted by deevergote
                          "rice" is opinion. Personally, I don't care what other people have on their cars, and I put what I like on my own. I wouldn't put what I consider "rice" on my own car, but I don't particularly care what others think of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Honda Enoch View Post
                            If I ONLY did my floor, would I get a good reduction of road noise? I don't have the money for a full 100% job.
                            If you use a quality CLD mat, you'll see a difference even without covering it 100%.

If you use a quality CLD mat and a MLV barrier, you'll see a very noticeable difference.

Comment

Originally posted by frootloops View Post
                              If you use a quality CLD mat, you'll see a difference even without covering it 100%.

If you use a quality CLD mat and a MLV barrier, you'll see a very noticeable difference.
                              Thanks

Originally posted by deevergote
                              "rice" is opinion. Personally, I don't care what other people have on their cars, and I put what I like on my own. I wouldn't put what I consider "rice" on my own car, but I don't particularly care what others think of it.

Comment

No problem!

Comment

Working...
                                X