Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

INT: 98 Accord maplight/sunglasses case install (DX/LX only)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thought everyone may be interested in my method of securing this maplight/sunglasses/homelink console:

Enjoy!

Headliner will be going in after my rear window is re-tinted, will post back with any clearance issues the sunglasses holder may face (crossing fingers).
    My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

Originally posted by 19dabeast85 View Post
      After cutting the sunglasses box, does it still allow a normal pair of glasses to be stored there or is the pocket too small?

The pics look like there's still a small gap between the console lip and headliner along the rear of the console (around glasses pocket), is it hitting the roof or can spacers be put under the console tabs to eliminate this?
      Originally posted by 19dabeast85 View Post
      Thought everyone may be interested in my method of securing this maplight/sunglasses/homelink console:

Enjoy!

Headliner will be going in after my rear window is re-tinted, will post back with any clearance issues the sunglasses holder may face (crossing fingers).
      What did you use bro|? thats sick!!! I didnt take my headliner out though... lol
      The past, is history:The future, is a mystery:The present, is a gift.
      James 4:7
      Submit yourself to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.

Comment

looks great, i will try this.

Comment

Originally posted by konig52r View Post
          What did you use bro|? thats sick!!! I didnt take my headliner out though... lol
          lol Yea, how many people are going to take out the headliner just to install a maplight.

I mean I understand 19dabeast85 cause he already had his headliner and pillar trim pieces out cause he painted them.

Both Installs are clean though
          Cappuccino CB7 Member #4
          FoDough fo moreho
          [FuNKiE FrEsH]

Comment

Originally posted by konig52r View Post
            I used a piece of 1/8" x 1" aluminum. Bent it so that the bulb sockets wouldn't interfere. Made two compound angle bends so it would sit flat. Rough cut the little "legs" and then positioned the bracket with the console installed and marked a final length and angle on the little legs allowing about 1/8" between the bracket and console for tightening room. After this I super glued the bracket in place then mixed up jbweld and built up around the bracket ends being sure to stuff it in any tiny spaces. Let it cure for a couple days and voila! Replaced the console and marked the holes then installed those clip nuts you see using allen head screws to fasten.

I can pick the whole headliner up by that bracket so it's not going anywhere!

For the rear brackets I just bent a short piece of the same aluminum bar, drilled holes for the rivet in the console, installed the console, placed the brackets correctly and marked through the holes. Drilled the hole in the bracket. Put a strong emblem glue between the bracket and console to prevent possible twisting from shakes. Replaced the console and riveted the brackets making sure they layed flat against the back of the headliner. I then wraped the green felt around the bracket to give just enough extra pressure to pull the console lip snug with the face of the headliner.

Originally posted by thecrow7841 View Post
            lol Yea, how many people are going to take out the headliner just to install a maplight.

I mean I understand 19dabeast85 cause he already had his headliner and pillar trim pieces out cause he painted them.

You're right, this would be impossible without removing the headliner. I had the headliner out for putting damplifier on the roof so this was a logical upgrade to do now instead of later. This console would be very difficult to do with the headliner installed and trying to eliminate any gaps like I did.
            My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

Originally posted by thecrow7841 View Post

Thank you manighss... lol...

Comment

you know your going to have to help me do this right..lol sick bro i didnt see that last meet..
                AT WEST COAST MEET

cb7rush: who has the tongs?
                JDMxDB8: i got a thong on...

to get to see more of my cb click the link below.
                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=130922

Comment

Originally posted by iwork4mycb7 View Post
                  you know your going to have to help me do this right..lol sick bro i didnt see that last meet..
                  Fosho

Comment

Working...
                  X