Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

INT : Hidden Engine Immobilizer

http://www.autospeed.com/cms/A_0059/...popularArticle

That's best I can do The pictures and layout of that site are better than having me cut and paste. Obviously, I didn't write that. I haven't even done it (yet... Mikey, help me electronics wizard! ) In fact, I didn't even find it. Icedplaya123 showed it to me. I'm just soaking up the glory of others

The basic gist of it is:
    You can cut off your ignition with a button. Easy enough. A little flashing light says "hey, I won't run". Turning it back on is the trcky part (good thing!)
    You have a magnetic reed switch that you can activate with a magnet... In this case, hidden in the case of a dead alarm casing. Without a magnet, and knowledge of where the switch is, you can't start your car (an no one else can either). Seems pretty awesome to me!

I plan on doing it as soon as I have time, so I'll be sure to post pics and do a writeup. If anyone else does it, or has done it, let us know!

ive seen that page before, thats a pretty cool way to do it. ill help you out with it tho, its not gonna be hard to set up

theres a setup that im going to be doing similar to that idea... but its not going to be just a magnet, its going to be a unique ID tag. car wont start withouot my specific keychain hehe

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
    Current cars:
    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Oh my lord!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If my gauges are sticking the way i thought it was earlier today, im going to do this while im in their soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This shits crazy

Comment

thats pimp as fuck!!! ne idea on how much the parts cost??

Comment

o ya also wat circut to break in the CB7?? some one plezzz do and post more detailed for the CB7

Comment

Thanks for posting the link mike lol, now ur gonna have to help me do it to my car whenever you get yours done, only if its not too hard and not alot of work is involved

My Cb bad, Cb bright and the cops can kiss my Cb lights - I’m gone!
            Frost White Member 13
            My Ride
            "Girls are like a new car... lease w/ option to buy"

Comment

Good mod to do. Someone tried to break into my car last week. They tried jamming a screwdriver into my driver's side key hole. Too bad neither of my keyholes open the door. Even my keys (which are the correct ones) won't open it. The lock tumblers are jammed somehow. Even if someone does get in, I got that lock that goes on the clutch. I don't have anything worthy of being stolen in my car any ways.

6X Post. That must be a record. Server still f*cked up?
              Last edited by XLR Azn; 05-26-2004, 06:35 PM.

Comment

i am resurecting this thread, because i had never seen it before and i think it is very cool. i plan on doing this (among several other things) next summer. i suspecct you could do this same thing for your door locks if you had keyless entry. you could even use it to unlock the door just with a magnet and no key hole (if you had power locks). this would run the risk of someone with a random magnet getting into your car, but only if it was in an obvious place. if placed in the rear quarter panel or somewhere you pass by on the way to the driver's seat, this would be completely awesome. i might do that too.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

well.. this is exactly the same shyt as a kill switch. just more fancy and sum1 will not noticed u flickin a switch on.. more of a sealth mode.. but back den i use to steal cars sometimes some kid would install more than 2 kill switch and i was sittin in the car for 10 mins i got angry cuz i couldnt crank the car. i said fuk it. i got out the car when the coast was clear and open the hood and run a positive wire from the battery to the starter wire and boom the car start and was running. piece of cake. so instead of the starter wire.. connect this to the ignition wires. the only way they could take this is if they run a wire from the power on the ignition to the fuse box to turn the ignition on the hard way. i meant anything is possible. the greatest trick would be a kill switch on the fuel pump. cuz the fuel pump cant stay pumpin gas the whole time. i believe it'll soak the engine with fuel. i know this because back den gas price was high couple summer ago and the line was soooo long so i would look for a full tank gas take the car and plug my own fuel line into the gas pump and run it into my gas tank and hotwire the gas pump with the rear brake light and hold the brake down to keep the gas pumpin. i just wanna say anything could be gotten to. to protect ur car all you gotta do is prevent those things from being reachable. and ur more safer. just wanna give everybody a head up dont want people getting their hopes up.
                  DEFJAM

MY RIDE ON CB7 DEFJAM on 93

Comment

Originally posted by steelbluesleepR
                    i am resurecting this thread, because i had never seen it before and i think it is very cool. i plan on doing this (among several other things) next summer. i suspecct you could do this same thing for your door locks if you had keyless entry. you could even use it to unlock the door just with a magnet and no key hole (if you had power locks). this would run the risk of someone with a random magnet getting into your car, but only if it was in an obvious place. if placed in the rear quarter panel or somewhere you pass by on the way to the driver's seat, this would be completely awesome. i might do that too.
                    :-/ .. this would be cool. but then this is sumthing you should keep to urself. but honda made key and door lock for reason. a magnet is not the right stuff to use. look.. if u want to be cool and have sumthing like this. i suggest u pullin out the ignition box and the key off the brand new lexus or a cadillac. when ur within range from the car in order for u to start the car hold the brake down and press the "start engine" button and the car start. u dont have to enter any keys anywhere but carry the transmitter. walk away from the car the vehicle will shut down. this is very good. with this u could seriously weld ur whole dashboard shut and not worry about anything. this will make stealin a car very difficult. but then the sad part is in the engine bay. there's a wire that runs to the interior fusebox that stay close. i forgot which wires cuz i never had to use this. but if the ignition wire is cut or anything u could power the whole thing without touchin the ignition wire similiar like starting the starter from the engine. if u power this one wire. it'll power the interior fuse box and turn on the ignition. sorta like a second switch to ignition besides the key cylinder. but locate in the engine bay. basically what i'm saying is you could start ur car from the engine bay and never got inside the car. once that's complete they could just go inside ur car and pop the steering wheel and be on their way. scary isnt it? the kill switch on the gas pump still holds the power. as far as clubs on the steering wheel or clutch or brake or gas. there's a metal cutter machine that i was using to cut my automatic pedal so it can make room for the clutch pedal.. that machine. from the theif car could plug into the cigg lighter in their car with some sorta adapter similar like the laptop plug into the cigg. this red box i dunno what it's called. but yes. u can plug anything that use the house power into that box and it convert into the cigg lighter. with an extention cord to that metal cutting machine. gets into your vehicle. depending on the teeth of the machine. they can cut ur club 5 second or less. no matter where u put it it can be cut quickly it'll make alot of spark yes. but for 5 second? if ur hidden or maybe use the sun shade on the windshield u could be more sealth to quickly cut the club. so if they want ur car that club is nuthing. just want everybody to know. i aint tryin to impress anybody or anything just want people to know there are ways.
                    DEFJAM

MY RIDE ON CB7 DEFJAM on 93

Comment

defjamon22z is right. i got my car stolen twice in one week when i was going to school in phoenix. so i decided to put an alarm, 2 ignition kill switches and a fuel pump cut off switch. and then i met some dudes that stole cars for a living and i let them try to take it and they couldnt!!!! they tried push starting, jumping wires and they couldnt get it started. but if they really wanted it that bad they would of just towed it he said. so if possible just park it in your garage and if u take it somewere just be careful were u park at.

thanx for da sig. DFRHonda

Comment

sad shit to say but thiefs are some of the smartest people around (some of them) cause if theres a will theres a way thats why they call it "theft deterent" you can only hope the car next to you is easier to steal lol

Ride List
                        1990 Accord dx coupe - my baby (dsm turbo set up in progress) http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3202853
                        2005 Mazda 6s - daily driver http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3171724(totaled)
                        newest 2006 mazdaspeed 6 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/4073987/2006-mazda-mazda6

Comment

Mikey, we should still do this sometime... though with the luck we've been having lately, there's no threat of our cars getting stolen! (well, you may have fixed your problems... mine is still immobile)

Comment

i dont know if this was brought up or not in the discussion, since there are some huge replies, but how about applying this ingition kill switch with a fuel pump kill switch that will only be avtivated once an RFID (Radio Frequency Identification) chip is passed by a specific area (similar to passing a magnet, but an RFID is one of a kind) prior to startup, this way, anyone who wants to steel ur car has to have your RFID, and know where each switch is or if they're very clever, they'll come with a tool kit, supplies and take a good heat packed hour or two to get it started lol.

If anyone here has a car that originally came with A/C that doesnt work anymore, a good trick is to make the A/C button a kill switch of some sort. Also, another possible kill switch is the ECU.

My dad always tells me the best way to protect your stuff is to THINK LIKE A THIEF.

....just my 2 cents
                            90 4Dr.CB7, 416,XXX KMS and still running like a champ!

Comment

Originally posted by Gomez
                              i dont know if this was brought up or not in the discussion, since there are some huge replies, but how about applying this ingition kill switch with a fuel pump kill switch that will only be avtivated once an RFID (Radio Frequency Identification) chip is passed by a specific area (similar to passing a magnet, but an RFID is one of a kind) prior to startup, this way, anyone who wants to steel ur car has to have your RFID, and know where each switch is or if they're very clever, they'll come with a tool kit, supplies and take a good heat packed hour or two to get it started lol.

If anyone here has a car that originally came with A/C that doesnt work anymore, a good trick is to make the A/C button a kill switch of some sort. Also, another possible kill switch is the ECU.

My dad always tells me the best way to protect your stuff is to THINK LIKE A THIEF.

....just my 2 cents
                              i have a mini RFID kit with 2 keychain FOBs, ready for install

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                              - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                              - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                              - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                              - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                              - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                              Current cars:
                              - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                              - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Working...
                              X