Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

better mpg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

better mpg

okay am trying to get better mpg out of my 92 ex auto f22a6
    what are somethings i can do?
    am also about to do a h23 intake mani will that hurt me alot ?
    geting it for cheap so i cant pass it up

Originally posted by blazedealh91 View Post
    okay am trying to get better mpg out of my 92 ex auto f22a6
    what are somethings i can do?
    am also about to do a h23 intake mani will that hurt me alot ?
    geting it for cheap so i cant pass it up
    You can start by making sure you have a fairly new distributor cap and rotor, also, new plugs that are close to the OEM specifications(I think the basic NGKs are good for you), new plug wires(They help ALOT, NGK is a good set, stay away from anything Bosch), valve adjustment, seafoam, new timing belt(trust me, if you have like 20k+ miles on yours, a new one will feel pretty pretty pretty good, timing more precise, and the engine will pull nice and hard, I noticed my MPG go up too.

Comment

make sure your tires are properly inflated($.75). change your air filter($10ish) and probably the fuel filter too($15ish). dont drive like a nutsack. i.e. dont try to race people. dont slam on the gas, that type of stuff. like the other guy said spark plugs($10ish) and wires($35-$50$ish). basically just make sure everything is in good working order on the vehicle. if something is clearly too dirty or corroded or obviously not running at 100% then fix it. just use some common sense.
      Parts For Sale
      BIG Thanks to HondaFan81 for all your help!!

Comment

lol thank you
        what i have done
        short ram intake
        new belts timeing alt ps
        oil change
        new coolent
        seafoam
        new spark plugs
        new o2 sensor

i will get wires and do a trans service on the 30th haha see if that helps
        i have used a little over a quater tank and have got about 124.7 miles
        hwy and city is that about normal for a cb7

Comment

hey man,you can purchase a tornado or if you got a few skills cut you one out of thin sheet metal and install in intake tube. this will improve acc. and boost you mileage.i hear spiralmax has a sweet one as well. lol i copied there design and made my own.first make you a templet out of paper, then cut you one out and wala.save some bucks and make you some for your friends. good luck and god bless.

A man that keeps looking back can't see whats in front of him.

Comment

Originally posted by stretch JDM View Post
            hey man,you can purchase a tornado or if you got a few skills cut you one out of thin sheet metal and install in intake tube. this will improve acc. and boost you mileage.i hear spiralmax has a sweet one as well. lol i copied there design and made my own.first make you a templet out of paper, then cut you one out and wala.save some bucks and make you some for your friends. good luck and god bless.
            do you have pictures of this? I was always skeptical of those. But they work?

Comment

Originally posted by blazedealh91 View Post
              lol thank you
              what i have done
              short ram intake
              new belts timeing alt ps
              oil change
              new coolent
              seafoam
              new spark plugs
              new o2 sensor

i will get wires and do a trans service on the 30th haha see if that helps
              i have used a little over a quater tank and have got about 124.7 miles
              hwy and city is that about normal for a cb7
              best I ever got with a very light foot on a wagon was 27mpg. Doing a tune-up and valve adj. to see if it helps. Have you had a valve adjustment?

Comment

Not trying to be rude but that shit doesnt work! and besides that its too dangerous

JENNA 91 LX

RIP 12-11-09 - 12/06/10
                JANE 99 Infiniti i30
                2-9-11 - current
                "Life is simple, you make choices and you don't look back."

Comment

Originally posted by RyanDude View Post
                  best I ever got with a very light foot on a wagon was 27mpg. Doing a tune-up and valve adj. to see if it helps. Have you had a valve adjustment?

no is the a diy for doing this ??
                  car sat for about 5 years befor i got it
                  i just changer fluideds and it started after priming it it started first try
                  payed 100 for the car and 75 for tabs and to put it in my name

Comment

ok. whats dangerous about it man. and not to be rude but, have you tried one ? it works fine on mine and on wifes g8..dude just trying to give options that no one else has.

Comment

na, i dont do the diy on here bro. i did mine about 2 years ago.back when the buzz was going around. i got lots of good ppl. who i had made them for, swear by them. it was a slow day in the maintance shop and i got busy.maybe you can get props on the diy thread. try it and take credit man.go for it .

Comment

ok. whats dangerous about it man. and not to be rude but, have you tried one ? it works fine on mine and on wifes g8..dude just trying to give options that no one else has.
                        Dude, it doesn't work. If a simple thing like that could improve gas and acceleration, don't you think manufacturers would have started using them by now? I have tried it once, installed it next to my intake filter. Next day I raced this guy on the freeway, and when i got home, the spiral thing was almost into my throttle body. Dangerous. Don't do it man.

Also, what oil did you put into your car? Synthetic, or conventional? did you use 10w-30 or 5w30?

Comment

By placing a magically shaped piece of metal in the intake system
                          of your car's engine, you can use the powerful force of a tornado to improve your fuel mileage.
                          Sorry but wrong again.
                          These devices simply create an extra choking effect in your vehicle's air intake system
                          and that's been proven to actually *reduce* fuel efficiency, sometimes quite dramatically.
                          The fact is that the mix of air and fuel entering your car's engine is already extremely
                          turbulent by the time it is ignited. Trying to add extra turbulence
                          achieves absolutely nothing except making it harder for your engine to breathe.

And yes, scientific tests have proven that they simply don't work.
                          These intake turbulators are marketed under many names but perhaps
                          the most well-known (and reviled) is the Tornado.

More stuff to avoid!
                          here is another one
                          Any turbulence or "vortex" caused by the devices is destroyed the second it reaches the throttle body plate.
                          In some cases these devices can reduce power as much as 10%, while INCREASING fuel consumption.
                          I haven't try any of that, but all of that ^^^^ makes sense to me.

To the OP you can increase MPG's by removing things from the car that you do not use.
                          Last edited by sow3r; 07-23-2010, 01:50 AM.

JENNA 91 LX

RIP 12-11-09 - 12/06/10
                          JANE 99 Infiniti i30
                          2-9-11 - current
                          "Life is simple, you make choices and you don't look back."

Comment

like i said i made my own. and btw have you heard of the chevy vortex 4.3 motor ? it comes with a simular design..vortex means to spin. but thats cool man. just trying to help. tired of bitching about it.try it dont ,try it. fine with me..

Comment

SOW3R. cool man cool. i dig your attitude bro. if it dont work i take you word for it bro. WHITE FLAG. you win.

Comment

Working...
                              X