CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Beginner forum -- New members post here! > Beginner Technical/Performance

Old 05-07-2012, 04:57 PM   #1
mamillscb7
Newcomer

mamillscb7 is cool... so far.
Question h22a swap

okay so i have 91 cb7 and i plan to do a swap to h22a very soon and the ecu im looking at is a ham motor sports socketed and chipped obd1 p28 vtec. will i need a jumper harness? and what is a custom base map? please help i wanna do this asap
mamillscb7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 05:01 PM   #2
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool...
Send a message via AIM to deevergote
Just get a stock P13 ECU. You don't need a chipped ECU for a stock H22A, and no "basemap" is intended to be driven on. A basemap is only a generic fuel map intended to get the engine running so the ECU can be properly tuned. Driving on one can result in damage to your engine.
Without a fair amount of modification, there isn't much to be gained by tuning an ECU anyway... so you'd be wasting your money, and potentially putting your engine at risk with that ECU. You will not need a jumper harness if you do choose to waste your money on it. It will plug right in. You will need to wire a few things for VTEC and such, and a P28 won't control your IABs unless it has been modified to do so.

I've never heard of ham motorsports... it could very well just be some 16 year old kid in his mom's basement, grabbing ECUs from junkyards and soldering in the socket. Then burning a map he found on the internet somewhere. The necessary tools to chip an ECU cost under $100, and it's not terribly difficult.

deevergote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 05:04 PM   #3
mamillscb7
Newcomer

mamillscb7 is cool... so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deevergote View Post
Just get a stock P13 ECU. You don't need a chipped ECU for a stock H22A, and no "basemap" is intended to be driven on. A basemap is only a generic fuel map intended to get the engine running so the ECU can be properly tuned. Driving on one can result in damage to your engine.
Without a fair amount of modification, there isn't much to be gained by tuning an ECU anyway... so you'd be wasting your money, and potentially putting your engine at risk with that ECU.
I've never heard of ham motorsports... it could very well just be some 16 year old kid in his mom's basement, grabbing ECUs from junkyards and soldering in the socket. Then burning a map he found on the internet somewhere. The necessary tools to chip an ECU cost under $100, and it's not terribly difficult.
thank you very much
mamillscb7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cb7 , h22a , obd1 , p28 , swap

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: