Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

to sell or part out, that is the question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

to sell or part out, that is the question

ok well shit hit the fan and the honda is on its last limbs. for me to repair it would cost around 2000 in parts, nevermind labor, so i feel its time to get rid of it and buy a new dd. my q is should i part it out or just sell it as is.

current repair list.

suspension
    tires
    master cylinder
    exhaust
    gas tank leaks
    cv joints
    head gasket
    not to mention the interior and exterior are in rough shape.

Well first, we don't know what year the car is, or the trim (DX, LX, EX, SE, 10th Anniversary Ed.) sedan or coupe as well.
    That would help me determine whether it's worth parting or selling. DX/LX's don't really have any better engine components compared to the other trims, and they also don't have better factory goodies either.
    (RIP)1993 LX Sedan
    Frost White Crew Member #36

JDM Beating Stick Owner #1
    My (old) Ride

Comment

thats a nice list, i would just part it out and buy another CB

1966 Chevy Nova
      1974 Super Beetle
      2012 Ford Super Cobra Jet
      2004 Honda Element
      2004 Honda Ruckus
      2003 Honda Ruckus

www.weezoonline.com
      www.facebook.com/weezoonline

Comment

Get another cb and fix it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan1987
          Well first, we don't know what year the car is, or the trim (DX, LX, EX, SE, 10th Anniversary Ed.) sedan or coupe as well.
          That would help me determine whether it's worth parting or selling. DX/LX's don't really have any better engine components compared to the other trims, and they also don't have better factory goodies either.

its a 1991 DX, 5spd manual, f22a3, 130000mi, engine runs good (-head gasket) etc.

as per geeting annother cb, i must say i do love em, but im very interested in getting a maxima. its just a dd, and im sure ill eventually pick up annother cb7 to mod out. its just moneys kinda tight now cuz im planning on going back to school, (32000/yr) and my vr-4 is almost done, but its looking to be pushing high 400s for bhp, and thats not something you want to street every day, so i saw this max for sale on the way home from work, 01, black, 5sp, v6, 60kmi, 8000$, gonna call the guy tomorrow. and thats my story.

Comment

if you're parting out, i'd love to pick some parts off of it because i was going to buy my buddies '90 Accord DX and fix the grinding sound from underneath and then build it up.

Comment

If you do end up parting out I need the multi function switch, lmk

Comment

yeah, and depending on the color, i wanna take that dash

Comment

Working...
                X