Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Chipped ECU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chipped ECU

Which ECU's besides the p06 and the p28 can be chipped and can be used to tune the CB? Probably a strange question, but those two are really hard to find over here.

Your car is faster, I'm the better driver

Greetz Erwin
    My last ride

Shakes and Fidget - The Game

Anyone?

Greetz Erwin
    My last ride

Comment

this has been discuessed hundreds of times already. ANY OBD1 HONDA ECU, except prelude and accord

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

just about any civic ECU (as i hear) is fully tuneable. the P06 doesn't have VTEC so it's added. the P28 has VTEC, but won't run your knock sensor or egr.
        also the P72 i believe does all of it. but also i found a P30 online and was told it would work.

i would think any OBD1 civic ECU is the same as to being useable. just each one requires different things.

Comment

Originally posted by Accord R33 View Post
          this has been discuessed hundreds of times already. ANY OBD1 HONDA ECU, except prelude and accord
          Thanks! But I asked it because I couldn't find a thread on the board. Do you know where I can find it?

Greetz Erwin
          My last ride

Comment

Originally posted by Flatline View Post
            just about any civic ECU (as i hear) is fully tuneable. the P06 doesn't have VTEC so it's added. the P28 has VTEC, but won't run your knock sensor or egr.
            also the P72 i believe does all of it. but also i found a P30 online and was told it would work.

i would think any OBD1 civic ECU is the same as to being useable. just each one requires different things.

But are all the plugs the same or do I need another harness?

Greetz Erwin
            My last ride

Comment

Originally posted by lo-specials View Post

But are all the plugs the same or do I need another harness?

the only time the plugs change is when you go from OBD0 to 1 or 1 to 2.

Comment

Now that solves a lot
                So the search for a capable ecu is much easier now, because the P06 and the P28 are hard to find over here. I can get them here at a local tuning company, but they'll charge me almost $180 (€150,-)

Greetz Erwin
                My last ride

Comment

Originally posted by lo-specials View Post

Now that solves a lot
                  So the search for a capable ecu is much easier now, because the P06 and the P28 are hard to find over here. I can get them here at a local tuning company, but they'll charge me almost $180 (€150,-)

i would check some websites or see about a member selling one.

Comment

i would check some websites or see about a member selling one.
                    I'll surely do

Greetz Erwin
                    My last ride

Comment

don't forget about swapping pin a6 and a11 for 94-95 accords. that is the only exception to my knowledge.
                      spin city

Comment

Working...
                      X