Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

F23A vtec power loss when driving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F23A vtec power loss when driving

waz up guys. I've been away for 2 weeks then this problem happened. when i'm driving the car loses power for awhile but she never stops, then suddenly surges. it feels like its being chocked or something. CEL lights up but haven't yet checked the code. she was fine before i left. please help.

another thing, catalytic converter light is on since i bought the car. is there anyway to turn off the light??

thanks in advance guys..
    Last edited by r. masajo; 09-29-2014, 03:13 AM.

Check and fix the CEL first, my guess O2. Let us know if fixing the CEL cures the problem.

Comment

Kind of sounds like o2. Where is your o2 sensor placed? In the forward or rearward position on your header/manifold? Does it clear up when you go full throttle? Is it only under part throttle? Is the EGR clean? Need more of a description as to what's happening.

'98 Prelude resto/mod thread

Comment

@Hcoupe- im gonna check on that when i came back from work.

@Chrisnick-both of you guys might be correct, my buddy also mentioned that i should replace my O2 sensor, not sure bout the location, it chokes more when i step on the throttle that why i release the throttle then gently step on it again, then all of a sudden everything will be back to normal. i'm just lucky that even a 25 mile drive with the bogging/choking she still runs.

BTW Chrisnick - i did a swap from F20 to F23 Vtec, i dont have an EGR now. but my F20 has.
        Last edited by r. masajo; 09-29-2014, 07:34 AM.

Comment

@Hcoupe n Chrisnick - CEL is O2 sensor, so i replaced it with the 1 that i saw on a '04 civic which is lying on my friends W'shop, but i don't know the brand but something is written which is H22, the busted 1 is NGK. but theres another CEL which is EGR but i dont have EGR on my F23. i have 1 before on my F20, is there anything i can do to fix the CEL or how can i install EGR on my F23??

and what about my catalytic converter light on my dash?? how can i fix it??

Comment

Alright, you should always use the correct ECU and components for whatever engine. For the catalytic converter light, take the bulb out of the cluster, BAM! no catalytic converter light on anymore. Unless you got some type of emissions there, that requires your car's emissions system to work properly?, get back to me if that's the case. With the EGR CEL, I would imagine you're using the F20 ecu?, grab your old EGR off your F20, and plug it in, zip tie it down, see what that does, I don't think you'll have to hook the vacuum line up, that may take care of that code. Good luck, and get back to us.

Comment

Remove the negative battery cable for 5 seconds, then put it back on. Should clear the code for the catalytic convertor. Not sure about EGR, I run it on my F23 swapped '97 coupe.

'98 Prelude resto/mod thread

Comment

Did you check the catalytic converter?
                93 4dr ex 5 speed
                97 Integra DB7

Comment

Originally posted by HCoupe View Post
                  Alright, you should always use the correct ECU and components for whatever engine. For the catalytic converter light, take the bulb out of the cluster, BAM! no catalytic converter light on anymore. Unless you got some type of emissions there, that requires your car's emissions system to work properly?, get back to me if that's the case. With the EGR CEL, I would imagine you're using the F20 ecu?, grab your old EGR off your F20, and plug it in, zip tie it down, see what that does, I don't think you'll have to hook the vacuum line up, that may take care of that code. Good luck, and get back to us.
                  i'm using P0A ecu (thanks to Jarret and deeve who helped me on the swap) as for the cat light... thats a quick fix..

Good thing i took the intake mani and TB off from F20 and kept it.. that includes the EGR.. but EGR is supposed to be bolted into the Intake mani ryt?? anyways i'll try to do that and get back to you soon...thanks bro...

Comment

Originally posted by Chrisnick View Post
                    Remove the negative battery cable for 5 seconds, then put it back on. Should clear the code for the catalytic convertor. Not sure about EGR, I run it on my F23 swapped '97 coupe.
                    i actually tried taking off the battery for a few times,,, but that doesn't clear the cat light.. does your f23 have EGR?? the enigne that i'm using don't have EGR, its a JDM BTW..

Comment

Originally posted by ahdiofreak View Post
                      Did you check the catalytic converter?
                      previous owner said he removed the catalytic converter. i think here in Saudi Arabia they're not so strict in terms of emission..

Comment

Do you have a light specifically for the catalytic converter? US models don't have such a light (or a sensor to go with it.) If there's a light and corresponding sensor, the most logical way to fix that issue is to install a working catalytic converter and reattach the sensor.

As for the CEL, check the code. It's likely either 41 (primary o2 sensor heater) or 43 (fuel supply system... usually indicates a bad o2 sensor.) The symptoms you described are exactly what I experienced when my o2 sensor was failing.

Another option, if you choose to do so, is to get a P28 ECU and have it chipped and tuned for your engine. Then you can bypass any sensors you don't wish to use (even the o2 sensor!) I currently have my ECU set up to bypass my o2 sensor, until I buy a new sensor.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                          Do you have a light specifically for the catalytic converter? US models don't have such a light (or a sensor to go with it.) If there's a light and corresponding sensor, the most logical way to fix that issue is to install a working catalytic converter and reattach the sensor.

As for the CEL, check the code. It's likely either 41 (primary o2 sensor heater) or 43 (fuel supply system... usually indicates a bad o2 sensor.) The symptoms you described are exactly what I experienced when my o2 sensor was failing.

Another option, if you choose to do so, is to get a P28 ECU and have it chipped and tuned for your engine. Then you can bypass any sensors you don't wish to use (even the o2 sensor!) I currently have my ECU set up to bypass my o2 sensor, until I buy a new sensor.
                          i do have, i think. the symbol is catalytic converter with sort of a heat lines on it...sori i cant describe it clearly. ill try to sort it out later, but does it affect anything in the engine performance??

as for the CEL, mine is code 12 if im not mistaken, i have a list of codes for obd1.

i dont think anybody can chip an ecu here in ksa..but by passing any sensors wouldnt affect the engine performance??

another issue deeve. i have error code 1 which is EGR valve. Hcoupe said i can just plug my F20 egr and it may solve the CEL then zip tie it to hold. but egr is bolted unto the intake mani right? any suggestions??

Comment

Originally posted by r. masajo View Post
                            i do have, i think. the symbol is catalytic converter with sort of a heat lines on it...sori i cant describe it clearly. ill try to sort it out later, but does it affect anything in the engine performance??
                            Just like the Kiwis and the Criminals(Aussies) you have a separate catalytic converter light in your cluster..... Take the its' light bulb out of the instrument cluster...... The cat will not hinder performance, if anything not having a cat will help performance. A catalytic converter is just a heating element to burn the 73% of unspent fuel your engine can't/doesn't use.

as for the CEL, mine is code 12 if im not mistaken, i have a list of codes for obd1.
                            CEL 12 is EGR, Screw a functioning EGR, I've seen that system bend valves. I would hope/imagine you left all EGR accessories on the firewall and hopefully plugged in to the harness, if so plug in the old EGR, delete the code, run it and see if that fixes the CEL 12. That fix will cost you 0 Riyals.

i dont think anybody can chip an ecu here in ksa..but by passing any sensors wouldnt affect the engine performance??
                            Bypassing/Deleting sensors for the most part will not hinder your cars performance. I've deleted my EGR and knock sensor, and still passes AZ emissions with less than 25% of what my car is allotted to emit.

another issue deeve. i have error code 1 which is EGR valve. Hcoupe said i can just plug my F20 egr and it may solve the CEL then zip tie it to hold. but egr is bolted unto the intake mani right? any suggestions??
                            CEL 1 is O2. You'll probably need the right O2 for your engine for that code to go away. Don't buy Bocsh, buy NTK(NGR), maybe Denso.

Comment

Working...
                            X