Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Rebuilding for fuel economy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rebuilding for fuel economy

I have been searching for any specifics for a build on fuel economy. I want to boost but not this year or next because it will be a full race/street setup tune on ems4 with a custom tube manifold and a gt3076r forged everything polished crank bisi stage 2 turbo cam 1mm over sized exhaust valve stock intake valve h23 intake manifold and a shit ton more details but back on subject all the information for performance thanks to this site and google my build will be a success but I dont see where anyone built for 35+ mpg unless they switched to a water vapor type and that was only one.
    Basically my question is will I just need to do a basic rebuild and tune the chipped computer for economy?
    It will be a f22a6. I will wait until the perfect car comes around and this will not be rushed. Thanks in advance

https://www.google.com/search?q=gool...zation&tbm=vid

Comment

That video doesn't work but it looks like propane. Not a fan of riding with a propane tank it the trunk and thats 4k in itself. I looked into it already for my dads jeep. Also the link took me to google.

Comment

Originally posted by Carllewis View Post
        That video doesn't work but it looks like propane. Not a fan of riding with a propane tank it the trunk and thats 4k in itself. I looked into it already for my dads jeep. Also the link took me to google.
        the video works fine. nope not propane. the link was supposed to take you to google.

fuel vaporization

Comment

I have been searching for any specifics for a build on fuel economy. I want to boost but not this year or next because it will be a full race/street setup tune on ems4 with a custom tube manifold and a gt3076r forged everything polished crank bisi stage 2 turbo cam 1mm over sized exhaust valve stock intake valve h23 intake manifold and a shit ton more details but back on subject all the information for performance thanks to this site and google my build will be a success but I dont see where anyone built for 35+ mpg unless they switched to a water vapor type and that was only one.
          Basically my question is will I just need to do a basic rebuild and tune the chipped computer for economy?
          It will be a f22a6. I will wait until the perfect car comes around and this will not be rushed. Thanks in advance
          Sounds like your going in two very different directions. Power needs fuel, those horses don't run on hopes and dreams.

Fuel economy builds can take advantage of taller transmission gears, firmer tires(less rolling resistance), aero bits like smoothing out the front of the car by blocking off grills. The easiest way to get more MPG is to change your driving style, try hyper mileing (accelerate down hill coast up, piss off everyone else) this you can do at no cost and it has real gains. I also like to play the "how low can you go" game with the fuel gauge and only put in $10 in gas at a time, after all fuel weighs 6lbs per gallon and if it's not burning it weighing down the ride.

Comment

Thanks Erik ill look into that specifically.
            I didn't realize there are more fuel vaporization methods than just going hydrogen powered. Very cool.

And CFCB7 the turbo will be later build in a different cb7. Great idea I definitely wasn't even thinking about aerodynamics.

What would be taller than the f tranny? H22 is shorter than the h23 but still shorter than the f series. Is there another that will bolt up?
            Last edited by Carllewis; 10-02-2014, 11:28 PM. Reason: Didn't want to post something I thought after I posted just to get count up.

Comment

Check out this website for tips.
              ecomodder.com
              The best tires for improving your MPG are Michelin Defenders.
              Usually taller/longer gears will help your MPG, here's a gear ratio link to interchangeable transmissions
              Sticky in Parts and Performance Technical section
              Last edited by HCoupe; 10-03-2014, 05:36 AM.

Comment

You're trying to get 35mpg on the highway or in the city?

Reducing any type of losses would be a start. Pumping and gear losses are a big one.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

That master list is very neat. So every one of those will interchange?
                  I will shoot for mostly 35+ city and 45+ highway. Thanks for your help guys

Comment

Turbo? Like how fords have eco boost. Lol
                    93 4dr ex 5 speed
                    97 Integra DB7

Comment

I have thought about that but i didnt want to add any extra weight. I have a ihi of a thunderchicken but i want to put that on my ranger. Although i could not run an ic since i would only boost like 1 to 2 psi just to get better atomization. That turbo is oil and water cooled so with an aditional oil cooler installed it may be fine. I know it would be a hell of alot easier than a fuel vaporization system. btw i am planning on doing that to my mower and i will do the write up on paper to see if i can do it so i dont look too dumb if i cant get it to work.

Comment

Buy a vac guage and keep it above 10 on the guage. That will show you the sweet spot rpm vs throttle position at any driving speeds.

ebay for less than a 10er.

Start with that to max out your hypermiling technique then once you cant get higher look at the mods.

Tyre pressures (40+) and brake condition ( free to speed no brake bind or drag)

UKDM 93 CB3 Page (1) H22A U2Q7 LSD
                        UKDM 91 4ws Page (3) OEM Minter
                        NOW H22A U2Q7 SWAPPED

Comment

So every one of those will interchange?
                          Yes.

Comment

Thank you everyone I will do more research and report back with progress. The fuel vaporization really intrigues me. Thank you for all the replies.
                            Carl

Comment

Originally posted by ahdiofreak View Post
                              Turbo? Like how fords have eco boost. Lol
                              EcoBoost improves efficiency by using a smaller engine, then boosting it to make up the power loss. But its the smaller engine that improves efficiency, not the turbo.

Comment

Working...
                              X