Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

AWD CB7... Too far fetched or doable...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AWD CB7... Too far fetched or doable...

Hypothetically speaking, I have a 2007 WRX (totaled but mechanically sound) in my backyard. I have a daily driver other than my CB7. I have the skills and time to do it. I know that the CL2 2000–2001 (wagon) came AWD, so there is a base that could support my hypothetical situation. What would you do if you were in this scenario?

SH-AWD is what I would like... Check this video out. Pretty cool stuff.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSqFC...eature=related

I would look for a 97-00 Impreza RS and drop the 07 wrx parts in it. I've seen some with the STI 2.5L installed so i bet your 2.5 would work the same. Also i like the old school Impreza RS with all the hood scoop fun. This way you wouldn't have to worry about cutting the frame to run the awd components and figure out how to mount a horizontally opposed motor in your engine bay. Aftermarket kits and such are good for that car as well if you're into that.

Comment

But then he's not making an AWD CB7

It's doable, sure. A18A on 3geez (also a member here) has created an AWD 3rd gen Accord using parts from a Nissan Bluebird SSS.
      AlmostJDM here on this forum is in the process of making a RWD CB7 using an RB25DET (the requirements for a RWD conversion will be similar to an AWD conversion)

It will take a LOT of work, a LOT of research, and quite possibly a good deal of trial and error. Once you get the car running, you'll have to go over it VERY carefully to ensure that it's stable and safe. You'll be compromising the structural integrity of the unibody, and you'll need to make sure it's properly reinforced. Plus, with all the hacking that will be done to make all 4 wheels driven, you'll have to be careful that they can be properly aligned... toe, camber, and caster.

If you're confident in your skills, go for it. Expect it to take twice as long, cost three times as much, and be infinitely more difficult than you originally assume, though!

Comment

here's some images from A18A's build... He used a Nissan Laurel, which I think is the same thing as a bluebird?

92 Honda Accord LX - Sold
        2005 Nissan Altima 2.5S - Sold
        2007 Dodge Charger SXT

Comment

Ah, ok. Larger than the Bluebird. Closer to the Skyline.
          I thought recalled an SR20DET under the hood, which is what the Bluebird used (longitudinally mounted, like a FWD car.) The Laurel is a RWD or AWD car with the RB series engine... longitudinally mounted I6. I suppose the AWD system isn't all that different, and can be used with the FWD or RWD oriented engines with the correct parts. It's largely custom anyway!

Comment

that was neat wild and im sure expensive
            Originally posted by deevergote
            This thread is over a year old, you fucking retard.
            i dont know why this popped up but U MAD BRO? not my fault u is FAKE! CLOWN ASS

Comment

well that's just a shit load of work right there. Wow.

How long ago was that swap done?

Comment

The concept is nice dont get me wrong but for the amount of money youll be paying its best to just get another car that is already AWD unless you have alot oftime on your hands. That is a project though I would absolutely love to see.

Comment

I've thought about this concept myself, but right now I don't have the time, money, or knowledge to go through with it. Would it be easier to just go out and buy an AWD car? of course, but would it be as cool of having a one off AWD Cb7? no. If you can do it please do. When/if you do it, keep us updated.

Comment

I'm locking this thread now. Beyond this point, it is not a "beginner" question, and I don't care to see any more people repeating what has already been said just to whore up their post count.

If you have the ability to do it, go for it... but you'll be doing something that nobody here has ever done.

Comment

Working...
                    X