Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Negative camber good or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, you should NOT be rubbing there! You should probably look into getting spacers, or wheels that fit better (though that would suck, because your wheels look awesome)

Comment

Originally posted by H311RA151N View Post
      What were you lowered on to get -7.5* of camber? That sounds pretty wild!
      When I had the EF civic upper control arms on. The left side wasn't dropped as much as the right for some reason so it had a little less camber. My right side was -7.8!

Slamage is worth the Damage

Originally posted by crazymikey
      "Yes, we did officer. By the way, your eyes look a little glazed, did you just come from the donut shop?"

Comment

Thanks for the compliment I already have 10mm of spacer in there. This is actually the only thing I don't like about my wheels, the front's offset isn't low enough. But I do have the extended studs and lugs so in the future when it runs again I'll most likely add a bit more spacer to see if it helps out.

I wish I could trade my heart for an extra liver, just so I can drink more and care less.

Comment

Are they one piece wheels? Or multi-piece? If they're multi-piece, you could always have them rebarreled.

Comment

They're two piece wheels. Even if they were 3 piece though they're so old that you can't find lips or barrels for them anymore. Custom or nothing and that's big money.

I wish I could trade my heart for an extra liver, just so I can drink more and care less.

Comment

General's are a great tire, IIRC they are owned by a bigger named tire company. Here at the shop in about a week we are stocking off brand cooper's so you get a cooper tire with a different name for less with the same "warranty". Alot of your off brand tires are produced by more known companies, doesn't really make them less of a tire you are just bypassing the name. Research is the key i dug for a little over 2weeks before i choose my DD's current set.

I like/run uniroyal's or general's for a daily tire, BFG- G forces for a sticky performance tire (Expensive, but one hell of a grippy tire!). I am currently trying out some firestone WF's on the celi so far i haven't been stopped in any conditions and the performance on pavement W/D is good, for $285 (Hook up special price) for a set of 195/70/14s and the performance and look of the tire i am well beyond pleased.

A bit off topic to the OP, but still tire related.

02 Crv
              02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
              92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
              Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

Yeah, General has been owned by Continental since 1987.

Comment

Negative camber is good and bad.

Too much- less traction, good for low offset wheels
                  Too less- great traction

Depends on how you drive and your cars set up. -1.5 to -2.5 is good for front. -1.0 to -2.0 is good for rear. Just depends on your suspension. ALSO some tires dont do well with negative camber therefore they will wear faster than others

Comment

Originally posted by bassrock234 View Post
                    I see what you're saying. The reason I didn't measure that far out is because I believe that wear is mostly from rubbing here

and that would make the measurment inacurate
                    IMO its worth it because your CB is simply awesome. I love those wheels. They are old you say? How old? I havent ever seen a wheel like that.

Originally posted by Hondalover View Post
                    When I had the EF civic upper control arms on. The left side wasn't dropped as much as the right for some reason so it had a little less camber. My right side was -7.8!

Wow, -7.8 is pretty crazy! Id like to have seen that. There must be a lot that goes into making a car have that kinda camber.

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                    Yeah, General has been owned by Continental since 1987.
                    I was going to say id like to try out Continental. I like their belts. I had no idea they owned general.
                    Last edited by H311RA151N; 01-21-2013, 12:08 AM.

Comment

I haven't been able to find much about them on the internet. They are branded as Auto Strada Modena. Some people say they are made by Volk, most people say they're made by Work. But I've never been able to find a definitive answer. I believe they are around 20+ years old.

Comment

^~i want them.

I love your wheels. Replied to your thread on StanceWorks too. Your car is on point.

Comment

Yea after reading all the replies i think ill keep away from the negative camber since i drive my car daily from school and work....Thanks for all the info and pics of the tires...

Comment

Lot's of misinformation here, a few guys know whats up though.

First off I need to specify that I'm talking about a normal range of camber you would get from lowering the car a reasonable amount, not dumped cars, or cars modified to have a massive amount of negative camber for "looks".

-1° to -3° camber is not really something you need to worry about. What you DO need to worry about is that shitty alignment place you were going to bring your car to. When running negative camber an "in the green" alignment by Joe-blow at Sears is no longer acceptable.

You are spending hundreds on "performance" suspension, but willing to have your car aligned at places concerned mainly about having moms minivan drive straight? jeezus-h-priorities

Negative camber doesn't cause any extreme wear, make the car handle worse/weird, or any of that other stuff you heard about by uninformed individuals. What it does do it help the outside tire maintain better contact with the road while cornering.

When you have the car aligned, it has to be done right and the toe needs to be set to a higher standard than grandma's Cadillac. Specifically, toe needs to be set much closer to 0° both sides than with a stock suspension. Your alignment guy should also have you sitting in the driver seat or have your equivalent weight in the seat when doing the alignment, ever seen them do that at Sears? Hell no. The heavier guy you are the more important this becomes, if you are a straight up fatty/beast 230+ this is really important.

Buying camber kits because you think you need to hit 0° camber is essentially admitting your alignment guy sucks. Why not save that money and spend it on a better guy, keep the stock parts reliability, and come out of it with a better handling car?

/end rant

92 Accord LX Coupe Build
                            91 Prelude H22a Build
                            91 Prelude 4WS ALB Build
                            You can't rationalize cars like these. They're not something you buy with your head, you buy them with your heart because you love them, and who can explain love?

Comment

Originally posted by MustardCat View Post
                              Buying camber kits because you think you need to hit 0° camber is essentially admitting your alignment guy sucks. Why not save that money and spend it on a better guy, keep the stock parts reliability, and come out of it with a better handling car?
                              Because you will still look like a jackass with the front wheels bowed out and not at all matching whats going on in the back...

I don't know about the rest of you guys but I like my car looking right. If that means getting a camber kit to make shit look good then thats what I'm going to do.

Comment

He's talking about slight camber, though... which is beneficial to an extent (and while it DOES cause accelerated wear of the inside of the tires, slight negative camber is not going to drastically reduce a tire's lifespan if the toe is aligned properly.)

-1 degree of camber won't even be easily seen. -3 degrees might be visible. Nothing in that range is going to stick the wheels out sideways like all the trendy taardvarks are doing these days.

Comment

Working...
                                X