evil_demon_01 : 1992 Accord EXi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by evil_demon_01
    300hp was the old goal now I shooting a bit higher (closer to 400hp) - representing the DSM's ftw
    as long as you swap the oil cooler from the a6 over to your A1 your building (I dont think the a1 has an oil cooler.) I know you will be fine boosting ~400hp with that setup you listed, the f22 block can handle 20 psi with the right internals and eng. management

I have an exedy stage 3, its a VERY good clutch, but i dont think its sprung? I think its either unsprung or sprung you want (might want to research that) but one of them is better than the other making it easy to drive in traffic but still being able to break your neck. where unsprung is where it is very hard to drive smooth because it grabs instantly.
    ]

Comment

Originally posted by RoCknRicEr037
      as long as you swap the oil cooler from the a6 over to your A1 your building (I dont think the a1 has an oil cooler.) I know you will be fine boosting ~400hp with that setup you listed, the f22 block can handle 20 psi with the right internals and eng. management

I have an exedy stage 3, its a VERY good clutch, but i dont think its sprung? I think its either unsprung or sprung you want (might want to research that) but one of them is better than the other making it easy to drive in traffic but still being able to break your neck. where unsprung is where it is very hard to drive smooth because it grabs instantly.
      Temperatures aren't as high over here, though I might invest in an external oil cooler anyway
      I know the in's and outs of clutches - Currently it's nice to be able to drive the car to work daily. Though I'd rather it a weekend driver, so an unsprung clutch won't worry me.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

loving the build inspirational keep up the great work
        Dont drive faster than your gaurdian angel can fly

Comment

Thanks man

Update -
          Civic alloy radiator ordered - will be fitting it next week.

Purchased some steel, can you guess what for
          50mm x 50mm x 1.0m long tube square bar.
          2 75mm x 75mm x 8mm thick Angle steel 200mm long plates
          Still looking for 2 Teflon coated rose joints, and 2 600mm long 20mm diameter solid round rods.

Hint:
          ll=============ll
          aa/Traction--Bar\
          al/aaaaaaaaaaala\
          ll/aaaaaaaaaaaalla\
          Last edited by evil_demon_01; 05-13-2008, 02:29 AM.

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

yay for traction

Formerly 91AccordExR33
            11.68 @ 127mph
            417whp/375wtq
            Sold: 8/2016

Comment

I know many people have said not to make them yourself, Though I never heard any real reasons as to why. The only major thing I can see atm is getting the correct suspension geometry.

Hey Lee did you notice a big difference after you installed yours?
              I'll get pics up as I start fabbing it.

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

Comment

yes i did. Wheel spin is far more controlable, no more wheel HOP

Definitely feels better in handling too

Formerly 91AccordExR33
                11.68 @ 127mph
                417whp/375wtq

Comment

Awesome day today all blue skies, and perfect for getting some work done on the car

Just a quick pic, The clearance of getting into my garage Yes its touching, and thats with a ramp. The cobblestones on the house side of the driveway need to be lifted and repacked to bring the height up - Another job for next summer

Fitted the radiator up on Thursday night.

Relocated the stock radiator mounts top and bottom, Going to move it further over once I get the traction bar finished.
                  It makes so much extra room in there

Pulled the stock crossmember off today, So I could get some measuring done for the Traction bar.
                  Work done so far:
                  Cut holes for tow hook points
                  Drilled subframe bolt holes
                  Made clearance cutoffs (for chassis and LCA rods)
                  Cut Box steel to correct length

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

Comment

excellent work!

Formerly 91AccordExR33
                    11.68 @ 127mph
                    417whp/375wtq

Comment

Not much been happening, Still waiting to get my welder so for now I've just tacked everything in place on the traction bar, and having a friend weld it up fully with his welder probabally next week.
                      Have got 1 radius rod finished, will do the other one soon.

Was looking at some old photos of the build this morning and came across one that I forgot to post up earlier.
                      Whenever I was working on the car, my dog Beau would come in and just go to sleep in the car

And lastly just started lining my garage in 7mm ply. It makes it a bit brighter in there and looks a lil cleaner too.

Last edited by evil_demon_01; 06-01-2008, 09:24 PM.

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

Comment

bad ass build man i love it, keep up the good work

Comment

looks great so far!

nice dog too man

Formerly 91AccordExR33
                          11.68 @ 127mph
                          417whp/375wtq

Comment

Did some damage this morning. Shifted my car and forgot my trailer was in front of the garage.

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

Comment

that looks bad, it looks fixable

Comment

Already pulled it all down - Just needs a headlight and paint on the bumper

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

Comment

Working...
                                X