Tool Heads, Read This!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tool Heads, Read This!

Speed Out-as seen on Tv. Its 20 bucks. Do y'all think this is a great lil tool to have??

What are some of the best easy out tools in the market.. the speed out caught my eye because it removed a broken bolt on a head. Just curious 2 see what y'all think. Thanks.
    **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
    Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
    Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

For the side that is a vortex ,the side that is facing up in the picture, did nothing for me. I got something very similar except it was only that side and it did not do shit. However the side facing down looks as if it might work.
    Be unique, like every other person.

CB7 Sold________________________E34 Sold________________________E39 Current

Comment

No question(s) asked here are stupid.. but I have a question. Say a screw is stripped...

How does this speed out work.. do u go clock wise then attach the other side and go counter clock wise for it to come our?

Comment

Pretty sure the bottom is the drill to set a hole, then the top is the easy out.

Also of note - that particular set says it is for screws.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

commercial shows it taking bolts out... what's one of thhe best easy outs, out there?

Comment

If you are looking to remove bolts, get these sockets.

I used these to remove rounded transmission mounting bolts with no hassle. The only nut/bolt that I have not be able to get out is a header to block mounting bolt for some reason.
            Be unique, like every other person.

CB7 Sold________________________E34 Sold________________________E39 Current

Comment

Originally posted by XCRN View Post

I used these to remove rounded transmission mounting bolts with no hassle. The only nut/bolt that I have not be able to get out is a header to block mounting bolt for some reason.
              I have these and I have the speedout too. All have been used with success
              http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by XCRN View Post

I've used these to remove rounded bell housing bolts! Man was it a PITA before I got these. After you get the bolt off, the fun part is getting it out of the socket. (Hint: Vice it. Turn clockwise. Works every time.)

Never tried the speed out but Im going to buy it! Ive got a stripped allen head thats preventing me from taking off my damn bumper on the CB. I've got a damn lip and a set of fogs to put on! Are these available locally or online only?
                Wrecked, Revived, and still Rollin'

Check out my MRT!

Originally posted by deevergote
                The most unique "modification" these days is a full restoration. Take a 20+ year old Honda and make it look brand new... and it'll be more impressive than the guy with the stock-block turbo and plastidipped steelies.

Comment

That socket can't remove broken heads tho. The speed out as seen on tv will. BOBBY HAVE U BOUGHT IT OFF THE TV?

Comment

Originally posted by F20A CB7 View Post
                    That socket can't remove broken heads tho. The speed out as seen on tv will. BOBBY HAVE U BOUGHT IT OFF THE TV?
                    no, got it at a pawn shop near me

Comment

http://www.google.com/search?q=screw...w=1197&bih=775

you can get "screw extractors" anywhere (see above), they are a standard tool that work great, you just need to drill a hole (of the correct size) in the center of the broken bolt before using the extractor. this "speedout" is just a set of extractors paired with drill heads, in a form that fits easily into a basic hex-driver power drill that many people have. typically I shy away from these obviously over-marketed, marked-up tools, but it appears to be a pretty good price for a nice combo. Whether you get this one or some other type, they work well for small screws. Once you start getting to 12mm bolts and up, those socket-style ones (shown by others) work great too.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                      - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                      - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                      - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                      - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                      - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                      Current cars:
                      - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                      - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

got it for $12 at the pawn shop as used

Comment

I have a set similar to that shown in the OP, purchased at a local Ace Hardware. The only broken bolts I haven't been able to remove are heat sheild to exhaust manifold bolts. I broke one of the tools, they sent me a new one and postage to send the broken one back so they could analyze it.
                          90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
                          08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Working...
                          X