Do bushings need to be greased?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do bushings need to be greased?

I am replacing my front lower control arm today and my shop manual it seems showing to grease them. IS this necessary. I am asking cause i have no silicone grease and i'd need to walk to part store to get it.

Yes they do

Comment

Originally posted by F22Chris View Post
      Yes they do
      Where do you grease them. Inside where the sleeve for bolt is and outside also.I am assuming it is just the sleeve for bolt.

Comment

Usually you grease what the bushing goes through, the outer bushing, and the outer sleeve that the bolt goes through. If you’re in a cold climate, some anti seize on the inner sleeve is a good idea too.

Comment

Originally posted by F22Chris View Post
          Usually you grease what the bushing goes through, the outer bushing, and the outer sleeve that the bolt goes through. If you’re in a cold climate, some anti seize on the inner sleeve is a good idea too.
          Well i'm an idiot. I will have to take those bolts back out and redo it. Took me most of day to put 1 lower control arm in and a tie rod. First time ever doing it though and i now realize there is a process to reassembling the lower control arm. The first bolts to get screwed in besides the main bushing bolt should be the 2 that attach to the radius rod(i think it is the radius rod). And before you drop it into the LBJ make sure u torque down those 2 bolts also. Otherwise one is a pain the ass to torque and the other is almost impossible even with a swivel head. The shock tower fork gets in way with LBJ in. Hope that helps someone. Otherside should be a breeze i hope.

Comment

Working...
          X