No announcement yet.

Grumpys93 : 1993 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The issue I have is that I have meat for it to drill into the sides of the bumper, but not on the front. Literally the front of the bumper is paper thin. But I first need to figure out this over heating issue. I replaced the thermostat with an OEM one today, and the water pump is a brand new OEM one. So the only thing that I can think of that's left is either a clog or the radiator is shot.
    Last edited by Grumpys93; 07-07-2019, 05:08 PM.
    ~Nick~
    FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
    MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpys93 View Post
      The issue I have is that I have meat for it to drill into the sides of the bumper, but not on the front. Literally the front of the bumper is paper thin. But I first need to figure out this over heating issuer. I replaced the thermostat with an OEM one today, and the water pump is a brand new OEM one. So the only thing that I can think of that's left is either a clog or the radiator is shot.
      Can we see a pic of the no lip bumper part?
      And are you saying you still have a temp. issue ?? (have a temp gun?, what's the temp of the lower hose vs the upper hose?)

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
        Can we see a pic of the no lip bumper part?
        And are you saying you still have a temp. issue ?? (have a temp gun?, what's the temp of the lower hose vs the upper hose?)
        I’ll snap a pic tonight since I will have to take the bumper off anyways. Yes I’m still having issues with the overtemp. I don’t have a heat gun but I know the lower hose is always cooler then the upper hose. Just by touch. I bought a new radiator and will see if this helps. So if this doesn’t work, I’ll be digging into the water pump. I’ve become an expert at taking off and putting on the timing belt now.
        ~Nick~
        FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13

Comment

I’ll snap a pic tonight since I will have to take the bumper off anyways. Yes I’m still having issues with the overtemp. I don’t have a heat gun but I know the lower hose is always cooler then the upper hose. Just by touch. I bought a new radiator and will see if this helps. So if this doesn’t work, I’ll be digging into the water pump. I’ve become an expert at taking off and putting on the timing belt now.
          There must be an easier way..... , but the pump would explain the long battle with this....

Comment

Ok so got the new radiator installed its a 94 integra full size radiator. It required some modification, but nothing to extensive. Went for a drive and with it being 98* put temp got no higher then 195. Going from 204-206 to 192-195 I am happy. I have a 12" Spal fan coming in tomorrow which should help this as well.

~Nick~

Comment

Great news! I'm curious to know if your temps drop more with the fan in place.

Comment

Installed the Spal Fan today and just letting it idle in the driveway with the temperature outside at 92* It did not get any higher then 185. Now I didn't go driving at all but I let it idle for a good 15 mins or so. So I believe the overheat issue is resolved.

Next is to decide whether to put my G-Square grill on or Keep OEM. I can't decide so what do you guys think?

G-Square:

OEM:

I will be taking the car to get an alignment and new tires hopefully next week, But we shall see how my wallet feels.
                ~Nick~

Comment

I've always felt like the G-Square fitted poorly, as if it was made for a slightly different car. Almost like how people on here used to like retrofitting fifth-gen grilles.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
                    I've always felt like the G-Square fitted poorly, as if it was made for a slightly different car. Almost like how people on here used to like retrofitting fifth-gen grilles.
                    This is true and I think it’s the curve on the bottom corners that give it that look. If they squared it off I think it would look much better.
                    ~Nick~

Comment

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
                      This is true and I think it’s the curve on the bottom corners that give it that look. If they squared it off I think it would look much better.
                      I loved both of my G-Square grills. I thought they made the front end more noticable. Everyone has different taste in the end.

Aside from my JDM 1-piece headlights, my 5-lug conversion, and my H, I think the G-Square was one of the best mods for it. Rare, subtle, and functional - clean.
                      The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

So I haven’t updated this in a while. No I haven’t blown it up, just been doing the whole tuning process. The car is now tuned thanks to my friends at Etunez. Steve is great at what he does highly recommend them. They specialize in K series but confess they have a special spot for CBs. Car is currently running 15-16 psi I may bump it up to 18 but for right now I just want to get use to 15 psi.

The thing is scary and boy does it want to go. I am looking for a place that isn’t an hour and half drive away to see if I can get 3 dyno pulls to see what she is putting down. But all in all I’m happy and though it scares me driving it. I love driving her. Next time I take her out I’ll bring the GoPro with me.
                        ~Nick~

Comment

So I haven’t updated this in a while. No I haven’t blown it up, just been doing the whole tuning process. The car is now tuned thanks to my friends at Etunez. Steve is great at what he does highly recommend them. They specialize in K series but confess they have a special spot for CBs. Car is currently running 15-16 psi I may bump it up to 18 but for right now I just want to get use to 15 psi.

The thing is scary and boy does it want to go. I am looking for a place that isn’t an hour and half drive away to see if I can get 3 dyno pulls to see what she is putting down. But all in all I’m happy and though it scares me driving it. I love driving her. Next time I take her out I’ll bring the GoPro with me.
                          Sweet man! I wish I had a go pro, all vids turn out bumpy.

Comment

Here is a quick video of a 40 roll from 2nd to 3rd gear at 15psi.

Side note: can someone tell me how to embed videos so you don’t have to go to YouTube to watch it. Thanks.
                            Last edited by Grumpys93; 08-19-2019, 08:42 PM.
                            ~Nick~

Comment

Here is a quick video of a 40 roll from 2nd to 3rd gear at 15psi.

https://youtu.be/Ye2FrB-P-7Y

Side note: can someone tell me how to embed videos so you don’t have to go to YouTube to watch it. Thanks.
                              ..... [YOOTUBE][/YOOTUBE] - but spell youtube properly.

haha...SWEEET!. ... so do you get nervous driving it ?

Comment

Love the vid man. That car is going to soon be a 4cyl rocket ship!
                                5 studded & leather clad - Praise The Lowered

~Mark~

Comment

Working...
                                X