No announcement yet.

accordboi77 : 1992 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very bad day for me.... After getting everything put together and getting ready for the first start I went to change the spark plugs (taking them out) and one decided to break of in the head! At first I thought no bid deal I'll extract it, so I co to Autozone and but the tool. I started to drill out the broken part of the spark plug but it was actually pushing it further down into the head and fell between the head and block onto the piston.....So I had to pull the head

Comment

Current situation....

Comment

I really didn't like how my engine bay was looking so I decided to do some work while the head was of. I started re-sanding and cleaning up the engine bay and I also started my passenger side wire tuck. For now I'm going to keep the fuse box under the hood, and i'm also going to keep ABS

This is definitely not a professional job, but it makes my bay look just a little cleaner.

Comment

Laying down some primer

Comment

Just got this sexy beast in the mail!

Comment

Great job on the build man, keep it up your almost there.

MRThttp://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=84102 93se h22/t2t4

Comment

Nice 4-wheeler!

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by laz93se View Post
                  Great job on the build man, keep it up your almost there.
                  Thanks man! My plan is to have it running by my birthday (Nov 29th) Hopefully so!

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
                  Nice 4-wheeler!
                  Haha! Thanks. To bad I never have time to ride it... I was thinking about selling it but I know i'll miss it if I do, so Ill just keep it and it'll get its twice a year use. Lol

Comment

Injector nation Timing Tensioner

Anyone have any experience with Injector nation? I bought their H22 22 timing tensioner, and it seems like a pretty solid piece. The same material used as KS but for $75. I know KStuned is great just wanted to know if anyone else is using the InjectorNation tensioner?

Comment

Build Progress update!

I decided since the head was off of the car that I would go ahead and do some preventative maintenance.

Parts ordered:
                      Supertech valve stem seals
                      Supertech valve lock keepers
                      Injector Nation Manual Tensioner ( Replacing H23 tensioner causing belt to be too tight)

Last edited by accordboi77; 11-05-2015, 12:16 PM.

Comment

Taking the springs and retainers out was pretty easy being this is the first time I've ever did any head work... (I'm a computer technician not a mechanic.. still trying to figure out how i'm building my own car...)

Anways... The valves looked to be in good shape. Exhaust side valves had a lot of build-up. Went to AutoZone picked up some "Superfine" Brillo pad, put a rubber hose over the valve stem, put the valve in a drill and cleaned all the carbon build up. Came out pretty clean. (Forgot to take more pictures... was a long Saturday)

Comment

Once I got all the valve stem seals replaced I realized that I needed to re-seat the valves. I went to AutoZone (again) and bought some valve grinding compound and the valve tool.

Valve seat and the right is what the seats looked like when I first pulled the valve out. The valve seat on the left is after one round of the compound. They cleaned up pretty nicely.

Comment

This is coming out great. I need to catch up.

Black Housing DIY 1991 Wagon Morimoto Retrofit
                            JDM One-Piece Headlight Lens Repair

Comment

Nice build man! Be careful cleaning the valves that way. There's a black coating that is heat resistant.
                              '93 H22A 5SPD SE - MRT - DIY-Turbo Sizing

Comment

Originally posted by domesticated View Post
                                Nice build man! Be careful cleaning the valves that way. There's a black coating that is heat resistant.
                                Thanks Man!

I was extra careful on the valves, so hopefully it won't cause any issues.

Comment

Working...
                                X