No announcement yet.

NH-503P-3 : 1992 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What shift knob/boot is that? Looks really nice, the boot connects flush to the knob.
    The gray leather boot & knob is a generic $15 eBay kit. The knob sits down on the shifter while the boot is pushing up so they pretty much just stay up against each other. The shift setup is a bb4 prelude shifter swap I installed into the accord shifter base. I don’t think that makes a difference in how it sits height wise but it does make the shift throws closer. Works well.
    5 studded & leather clad - Praise The Lowered

~Mark~

Comment

im lovin the oem grey coupe inserts.
      frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

I’ve had this whole week off till the 2nd. It’s time for some motherf*#kin progress. I needed to replace my dash because it had some melted cracked spots on top that were just glaring. I didn’t see them when I first pulled it from pap and I also didn’t realize there was a difference (albeit small) between the 90-91 dash and the 92-93 just below the steering column. Soooo I got the right one finally a few weeks ago. A nice one too. I modified the dash while it was out for my bb6 cluster. It’s allot easier to cut the back plastic with the dash out lol. Here is the new dash in.

Here it is with the bb6 cluster. I can’t wait to get this wired in!! I’m building a jumper harness this weekend for it using the ports from a sacrificed cluster at pap. If you look closely I have the wrong bezel installed on the front of the dash. I need the 92-93 which is indented in front of the cluster to clear the column adjustment. There really is a good amount of subtle differences between 90-91 and 92-93 interior parts. So off to pap this weekend to get the right one.

Some of the other things I got done were fixing and soldering all of my heated seat and power wiring. Running better speaker wires through the door harness to the door speakers. Installing the A and C oem fog light harnesses. All of this is so much easier with the dash out. I was going to run some wires from the defroster switch to each side of the car to get it ready for my heated mirror install but I then I gotta run them through the door harnesses also. That shit is not fun. So I have an idea. Now that I’m not using my factory speaker - & + wires I’m thinking I can extend those at each end to use for my heated mirror wiring since they’re already run through the doors that could potentially eliminate another headache job.
        Before putting the door panels back on I popped the “Bose” tags on each speaker cover. It’s took me months to find these. Unbroken ones that is. I got no Bose system but they still look cool.

You won’t believe how hard it is to find a set of these interior side mirror covers that some bird brain hasent destroyed with a screwdriver removing them. They are always scratched up plus coupe and sedan are slightly different so finding the coupe ones are definitely harder to get. But I digress. I finally found a nice set.

~Mark~

Comment

That's actually a pretty good idea to utilize the other types of wires! Would you mind showing us how you routed the new speaker wires?
          My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

I don’t have pics of the speaker wires. I read somewhere on here that the best way to do it is through the boots behind the fender. My fender plastics and mud gaurds are still on my car so I had to get behind them to get at the boots. I just poked a hole in the bottom of each boot and pulled the wires through. So a bit of the speaker wires are out side the main door harness but still run into the harness ports on the door and fender well. None of the wiring is visible when you open the doors now so it’s good enough for me.

~Mark~

Comment

Just read your MRT, very nice car! Love the attention to detail And yes, it is a pain in the ass pulling wires through the doors. To do it properly one have to remove your fenders and feed a guide wire through the boot properly. Then pull several through at a time and tape the boot backup when done. Loving that BB6 cluster too

Comment

Thanks Raf99. Yeah the door wiring is not fun at all. I hope I don’t have to dick with any of that again.
                Anyways I strolled the paps today. Got lucky on my first car and found a perfect 92-93 bezel. No cracks or scrapes. So I very carefully removed the bezel and then cut the harness plugs for the gauge cluster while I was at it.
                Now as I was checking different CB’s for black side mirrors in good shape, I had an idea. If 96-99 TL heated mirrors fit in CB housings, will TL mirrors fit on CB Accords? So I found the right TL with heated mirrors also and unbolted the whole complete side mirror. Took it over to a CB and tried to fit it. Well the TL perch certainly won’t bolt up. BUT, the TL housing bolts right on to the CB perch. It folds in and out cleanly with no tightness or hang ups. Here is a pic of the TL housing on the CB perch bolted onto a CB Accord. It doesn’t look bad either imo.

Now another reason I was thinking on this TL conversion is the fact that CB power folding mirrors are very expensive now. Close to $400 shipped. That’s ridiculous I think. TL pfm’s however are half that shipped. Still very reasonably priced. I’ll be willing to bet that the folding mechanism inside will fit or be the same as the CB pfm mech. Either that or I’m just going to pop the TL pfm housing on the CB perch. The TL pfm perch should have the same bottom mech piece to swap into the CB perch also.

Next up is another new project. I put in the 98-99 CL map/homelink but I don’t have it wired correctly. I was going to work on that when I came across another map/homelink diy. It’s way better! It’s a newer Civic map/sunroof control housing with a TSX homelink center part. I just put together this one.

It has control for the map lights to be on with the doors open also. Plus the diy still has pics you can freakin see lol.

~Mark~

Comment

I always had the 95 dome light for the cb7 but never installed it. I never liked how there is no way to secure it and friction just holds it up there. I think that hitting bumps, etc. would make it want to fall down a lot. Plus the thought of cutting up my headliner.... eeek...

Comment

The best way to install these map lights is to remove your headliner. I know it mean removing a crap ton of parts below it to get it down but it’s worth it. Plus making a good template and centering it will help. Go slow with your Dremel tool and it will come out nice. Most of these map lights will have a metal bracket that holds it up in the headliner. Don’t forget to pull it out and take it with you if you get one at pap. Or make sure it has one if you buy it from Ebay.

~Mark~

Comment

any links to the diy for the map light? Id definitley prefer this since it has that ambient light installed from the factory.
                      Henry R
                      Koni/Neuspeed
                      1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                      1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                      Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                      made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

CD Accord PFM motors will fit into CB Accord mirror housings, as well. The '95-'98 TL is the better option as you don't actually have to take any guts out of the mirror, but if all you can find is '94-'97 PFMs, then you can swap the motors into the CB housings.
                        My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by NH-503P-3 View Post
                          The best way to install these map lights is to remove your headliner. I know it mean removing a crap ton of parts below it to get it down but it’s worth it. Plus making a good template and centering it will help. Go slow with your Dremel tool and it will come out nice. Most of these map lights will have a metal bracket that holds it up in the headliner. Don’t forget to pull it out and take it with you if you get one at pap. Or make sure it has one if you buy it from Ebay.
                          Ya, i've never seen one like that. All honda ones I've seen the light screws into the roof and actually helps hold up the headliner. But in a cb7 there is no "thing" on the roof to screw into.

Comment

Thanks Jarrett for that info on the CD mirror guts. I’ll definitely use that for consideration on the pfm’s. Here’s a question I hadn’t thought of. I put sedan TL mirror on a CB sedan perch. Since coupe and sedan perches are different, are the housings swappable? I’ve got a sedan side mirror. I might have to see if at least all of the mirror housings are the same.

~Mark~

Comment

It will work the same. This is one of my chief frustrations with people buying power-folding mirrors for these cars. It doesn't matter whether or not you buy sedan or coupe mirrors. You have to swap the bases to a LHD set anyway, so you might as well use your OEM mirrors as donors. So yes, coupe and sedan mirrors will swap between the opposite bases. There are a few modifications to do with a file and a drill bit, but those are related to the differences between power-folding and manual-folding.

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
                                It will work the same. This is one of my chief frustrations with people buying power-folding mirrors for these cars. It doesn't matter whether or not you buy sedan or coupe mirrors. You have to swap the bases to a LHD set anyway, so you might as well use your OEM mirrors as donors. So yes, coupe and sedan mirrors will swap between the opposite bases. There are a few modifications to do with a file and a drill bit, but those are related to the differences between power-folding and manual-folding.
                                And I learned when you convert to power folding mirrors the wiring harness feeding your stock mirrors will be missing wires for the added functionality. You end up ripping the car apart to run these additional required wires. And then I also had to swap the mirror housings.

Comment

Working...
                                X