Anyone ever put in an alarm with remote start on manual

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone ever put in an alarm with remote start on manual

I got a manual tranny and am about to install a 2 way security system with remote start. Anyone here ever done that?

I've done it. It's no different than a normal remote start as far as wiring goes.

The clutch switch can be tricky to bypass during the remote start wiring part, so you have to make sure you choose the correct output from your alarm unit.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Why not just go with reservation mode so you don’t run your car into your house?

Comment

A couple people I know of did this and forgot to keep it in neutral. Car takes off and crashes.

My swap thread
        Main relay proplems?--DIY

Comment

Originally posted by 4CYLPOWER92 View Post
          A couple people I know of did this and forgot to keep it in neutral. Car takes off and crashes.
          Doesn't help that our cars like to idle at almost 2000 when their cold lol
          Green EX http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=176536
          93 SE http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=210486

Comment

I never put my car in gear where i park. If i was on a steep incline i would though. Just got prestige aps997z kit yesterday. Am starting by mounting the siren somewhere then i will do what i think is the next easiest thing. Install by a professional i always read. I am a professional/master baiter. Like they are trying to scare me of doing this. Going to get a gps carlink on it also.

Comment

Originally posted by F22Chris View Post
              Why not just go with reservation mode so you don’t run your car into your house?
              I do plan on just res mode. Just for winter start really. Hot days car cools down pretty quickly anyways as my ac system is new. So really about 15 days a year amounting to about 4hrs saved and i am going to probably spend 20 figuring it out and installing. The madness. I really want it for the 2 way alarm and iphone gps locator. I park on the street and lots of cars get stolen around here it seems(including mine). I can't justify paying a pro to do this as i am sure i can do this right. Though being it my first time, please any pointers is welcome. Where to stick that antenna am wondering. And do i have to mount that effn siren on screws. Can't i just using some two sided outdoor tape. I hate to drill holes anywhere. It is like stabbing a loved one. I think i might want a back up battery module with siren but what i got does have two way and carlink(still must purchase).

Comment

Am too overwhelmed i think to install this on my own and too cheap to pay someone 450 dollars. My wife can park her car on the street while i keep mine near our apartment.

Comment

Working...
                X