CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Beginner forum -- New members post here! > Beginner Technical/Performance

Old 01-07-2019, 11:48 PM   #1
CB9suhh
Newcomer

CB9suhh is cool... so far.
Lightbulb Trying to Rescue a 91 CB9

Hello ladies and gents!

Iím new to the cb community but have been around Hondaís for some time. Iím currently in the process of a K24/20 swapped s2000. I was recently gifted a 91 cb9 wagon. I believe itís the ex model due to the fact that I have power sunroof and windows, etc. the car has a couple problems that I could really use some help with from more people more familiar with this car.

I am mechanically savvy to a point. Iím a great student when I donít know so feel free to get technical but also explain what you mean, itíd be greatly appreciated.

First problem: Power Steering
The power steering does not work at all and was told from the previous owners that itís a leak. I did an inspection and didnít find any leak spots after filling up the system. When I turned the wheel to the right the system sucked up all the fluid in the reservoir. When I turned the wheel to the left air would shoot through the system and blow off the red cap (which Iím guessing is broken because I would imagine that it should be securely sealed).

Second problem: Windows are not functional
-Driver side window goes down pretty smoothly. It starts to grab the inside guard and drag it down. When you roll the window up the window pivots forward and wonít create a deal with the upper part of the door. Is the track off inside?
-Passenger Side window goes down very slowly and using stops at a certain point. Actuator?
-Rear driver side window goes down semi smoothly.
-rear passenger window doesnít go down at all. Again actuator?
-Sunroof opens and closes like a charm.

Third problem: Shakiness on deceleration
Say Iím in 4th gear and go down a hill, while going down the hill I take my foot off the gas and let the cat coast in gear. My car will start to do a vibration of sorts that makes me think itís mounts but also that something suspension wise might be loose. Any experiences with anything like this?

Fourth problem/ question: The Carpet
🤮
From the window problem discussed before, the carpet has suffered the brunt of the abuse and is ready for retirement.
My question is if there is a car that has a black carpet that will also fit cb9?
CB9suhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 04:59 AM   #2
Raf99
Gold Member

Raf99 is very helpful Raf99 is very helpful
Quote:
Originally Posted by CB9suhh View Post

First problem: Power Steering
The power steering does not work at all and was told from the previous owners that itís a leak. I did an inspection and didnít find any leak spots after filling up the system. When I turned the wheel to the right the system sucked up all the fluid in the reservoir. When I turned the wheel to the left air would shoot through the system and blow off the red cap (which Iím guessing is broken because I would imagine that it should be securely sealed).

Second problem: Windows are not functional
-Driver side window goes down pretty smoothly. It starts to grab the inside guard and drag it down. When you roll the window up the window pivots forward and wonít create a deal with the upper part of the door. Is the track off inside?
-Passenger Side window goes down very slowly and using stops at a certain point. Actuator?
-Rear driver side window goes down semi smoothly.
-rear passenger window doesnít go down at all. Again actuator?
-Sunroof opens and closes like a charm.

Third problem: Shakiness on deceleration
Say Iím in 4th gear and go down a hill, while going down the hill I take my foot off the gas and let the cat coast in gear. My car will start to do a vibration of sorts that makes me think itís mounts but also that something suspension wise might be loose. Any experiences with anything like this?

Fourth problem/ question: The Carpet
🤮
From the window problem discussed before, the carpet has suffered the brunt of the abuse and is ready for retirement.
My question is if there is a car that has a black carpet that will also fit cb9?
Welcome to the site!

Power Steering - Assuming you bled it (which pretty much involves what you are doing) this sounds like you have a block in the rack or one of the lines. Even with all the air out of the system and filled with fluid it still spits air out each time? (implies it's sucking air in somewhere)

Windows - Windows in our cars suffer from many issues. 1. Guide rails get dirty and the window cannot slide up and down anymore. This puts the motor at stress and will cause the window to go on an angle etc. 2. The pins break off inside where the glass attaches to the motor. 3. The motors wear out and stop working.
At this point you're pretty much taking off the door panels, cleaning all window rails, re-greasing, and swapping motors for good ones.

Shaking - normal suspension / drive train issues. Most likely mounts or axles related, could also be UCA bushings

Carpet - .... you know what to do here, replace it or clean it.
Raf99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 11:15 AM   #3
fleetw00d
Contributing Member

fleetw00d is very helpful fleetw00d is very helpful
The cap on the PS reservoir is a slip fit, it is not positively retained like the radiator cap or master cylinder cap.

If you're willing to pull the carpet, scrubbing with Oxy Clean and using a power washer to rinse it can make a big difference.

LOTS of CB7 parts for sale http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=192583 or watch for banner ad at upper right
fleetw00d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 04:28 AM   #4
mAd mOrdigan
CB7tuner Member

mAd mOrdigan is cool... so far.
Thanks above for posting about the window rails.. my driver window does the same. Thank god I noticed before the big rains we just had
mAd mOrdigan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
build , cb9 , feedback , help me , problems

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: