No announcement yet.

Boston Marathon bombing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using a black/gun powder pressure cooker/pipe bomb doesn't spell Al-Qaeda to me. Then again maybe they are trying to confuse everyone!
    MR Thread
    GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by GhostAccord View Post
      Anyone else think this Bombing was the result of some 5th amendment right spewing, automatic rifle toting, hand gun waving, anti gov't, tinfoil hat wearing American(s)?
      Yup. Exactly what I think happened.

I don't think you can make that case specifically on the casualties though. It wasn't that amateur at all. They car bomb in the middle east and kill 2-3 people but injure 150-200 people all the time. That is actually pretty normal for their "style"

The reason I think it was/is homegrown is based on the history of the day in America and the fact that nobody has taken credit.
      Originally posted by wed3k
      im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

Using a black/gun powder pressure cooker/pipe bomb doesn't spell Al-Qaeda to me. Then again maybe they are trying to confuse everyone!
        I dunno. Everything that is highly explosive is tracked now. They know that is probably the easiest way to get caught in America now.

So, if it does turn out to be an Al Queda thing, it makes sense to me. We can't even track gun sales. Nobody is tracking gun powder and its obviously easy to make a bomb out of.

The pressure cooker just amplified the explosion. You could detonate a pressure cooker with household shit and cause some serious damage though, so, who knows. My science teacher in middle school blew one up with very common items and that left a crater in the ground like 5' wide. He said he made the explosion for like $10.
        im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

You need a pressure vessel to make black/gun powder explode...otherwise it just burns. Using pressure cookers as casings without shrapnel is more looking to burn people than cut/maim them.

While watching the news Monday night the head trauma surgeon said that he did not recall removing any sort of ball bearings or nails from the injured. Then the next day they said that they had seen bearings and nails along with street debris.....

Guess we'll just have to wait and see!

The second news conference I watched had one of the tin foil hat guys asking questions.... It was funny how they ignored his question and the "real" reporters just talked over him..... He was asking something about why the crowd control (cops) were telling the crowd on the sidewalks to be calm just minutes before the bombs went off.... That's stretching it!
          MR Thread
          GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Where did you get that from?

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013...for-years?lite

Originally posted by Linked Article
            More recently, extremist Muslim jihadists have posted instructions on how to make them. Last month, Al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula included an article titled, "Make a Bomb in the Kitchen of your Mom," in the latest edition of its "INSPIRE" Magazine propaganda. The article, reprised from INSPIRE's first edition in July 2010, included detailed, illustrated instructions on making pressure cooker bombs.
            I would not say it's a staple, but it's like bombs 101, so it's really easy for them to make and use.

Comment

Possible bomb pic, from what I read the following pics were taken a min or so apart.

The pic is blurred because of gore, but the bag is gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
                Where did you get that from?

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013...for-years?lite

I would not say it's a staple, but it's like bombs 101, so it's really easy for them to make and use.
                Yeah I guess I've been more in touch with my Canadian buddies over in AFgan that see the armored purpose IED's more than crowd damage pipe bombs....

I see where that comes from now. They are cheap and easy to make!
                MR Thread
                GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Ya these can't be compared to IEDS, but unfortunately they are no less dangerous.

Comment

Originally posted by jhoff_cb7 View Post
                    Possible bomb pic, from what I read the following pics were taken a min or so apart.

there is a second package on the ground right above the sewage gutter, and if you look in the crowd behind it there is a white guy in a lighter blue sweatshirt walking away, completely ignoring the race.

Honestly, that guy stands out to me and that second package is missing too.

Great find on the pic!

Notice how the guy I am pointing out is the only person in the picture that is not involved in a conversation with someone, or watching the race or really anything?

Comment

if you look to the right of that picture there is a guy in black also walking away from the package in question. He is not conversing with anyone ether.... then there is another guy right behind him in dark blue doing the same.... I'm pretty sure the sidewalks would have been full of people going about their daily travels and going to and from point A to Point B on the street.
                      MR Thread
                      GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Im pretty sure if the bag beside the mailbox had the bomb in it, the mailbox would not be standing as it is in the aftermath.

SOLD!!
                        Boosted H22
                        375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

Originally posted by mozzandherb View Post
                          Im pretty sure if the bag beside the mailbox had the bomb in it, the mailbox would not be standing as it is in the aftermath.
                          true, and how would the guy hand the package over the fence w/out people seeing and noticing what was going on.

Good point.

Comment

From what I have seen the bombs were both set beside the walls of the buildings, not out in front of the barricades. Helps direct the blast out toward the crowd and street. Being placed back there would also make it easier to drop them without being noticed as the majority of the people would be watching the street.
                            MR Thread
                            GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

From what I have seen the bombs were both set beside the walls of the buildings, not out in front of the barricades. Helps direct the blast out toward the crowd and street. Being placed back there would also make it easier to drop them without being noticed as the majority of the people would be watching the street.
                              this.

Much easier to hang out against the bulding and "forget" a bag then trying to place it over the fence without being noticed by the thousands of volunteers/police/security.

and from the video I saw, the blast debris/smoke follows the face of the building straight up into the air, so from that, i'd say the bags were leaning against the building fronts.

Comment

Take it from me, there is alot you're not being told.

If you know where i am and what i do, you will understand my insight.
                                Jesus drove a Honda, he just didnt talk about it like us. Proof - John 12:49 "For i did not speak of my own accord."
                                Originally posted by deevergote
                                den das al u ned u no dat u get wurs gas milge tho rite?
                                Originally posted by deevergote
                                These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

Comment

Working...
                                X