Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*Official Photography Thread* (56k warning)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tnwagn View Post
    Well, obviously an amazing situation or location will provide the opportunity for a better photo than an everyday situation. What I'm saying, however, is that just because there isn't something visually stunning or out of the ordinary doesn't mean you can't make an amazing picture.
    I still somewhat disagree. You can make a technically good photo, or a photo that communicates it's goal. For example, look through a local newspaper. Technically good images that communicate the article. However, these images are typically not all too spectacular on their own.
    Click for my ride thread.

Comment

I will be the first to admit I have never made an amazing image. I have made some very solid images and maybe some great images, but I haven't ever made an image that just makes me stop and analyze it repeatedly. Like my example of Ansel Adams, the first time i saw his Snake River shot, I just stood there and took it in, because it is an amazing image. And to this day, I look at the 5x7 in my room of the same image and it has the same effect. I think were comparing to different ideas of amazing.

1999 Honda Prelude
      Photography Site

Comment

Originally posted by zelseman View Post
        I will be the first to admit I have never made an amazing image. I have made some very solid images and maybe some great images, but I haven't ever made an image that just makes me stop and analyze it repeatedly. Like my example of Ansel Adams, the first time i saw his Snake River shot, I just stood there and took it in, because it is an amazing image. And to this day, I look at the 5x7 in my room of the same image and it has the same effect. I think were comparing to different ideas of amazing.
        I pretty much agree with everything you're saying. I look at all of my images only to note the flaws and how they can be improved. I never look at a picture I've taken and say this is an amazing image that captures everything perfectly. I was trying to get at this partially by saying to take a jaw dropping picture the subject needs to capture your interest, and usually daily objects just don't have that effect. Not to say good pictures can't be taken of them, but to say that they just seem to lack something. I can look at amazing images all day long, but it's just so difficult to take one where everything is just right.

Comment

Take this image for example. There isn't anything particularly specatular about this image. Just a guy on a parkbench, visually at least.

However, I find it very interesting. It invokes your mind to wander as to what this man is doing. Especially given the angle and B&W processing.

A straight on, color image would have been bland and just a guy on a parkbench. This is what I'm talking about in terms of making a simple subject far more interesting than they actually are.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/photo-vinc/3872780253/

Originally posted by Maple50175
          Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

True, but look at where that is taken. It takes stumbling accross a man that is very interesting to look at AND having the conditions be great exactly where they are place. I do find street photography really interesting though, and it's something I'll probably try to replicate since I don't seem to have anything else to take pictures of. There are some awesome street photog shots.

Comment

Originally posted by ilovemycb7 View Post
              True, but look at where that is taken. It takes stumbling accross a man that is very interesting to look at AND having the conditions be great exactly where they are place. I do find street photography really interesting though, and it's something I'll probably try to replicate since I don't seem to have anything else to take pictures of. There are some awesome street photog shots.
              You have to factor how many times that guy(or any guy) walks past that same bench every day to see nothing interesting, then one day it falls together like that.

It could take years to create a portfolio of near perfect "everyday" images.

Now, follow the president of the US around with a camera for a week, and you could have 500 portfolio images simply due to the subject matter and the circumstance it is in.

1999 Honda Prelude
              Photography Site

Comment

Originally posted by zelseman View Post
                You have to factor how many times that guy(or any guy) walks past that same bench every day to see nothing interesting, then one day it falls together like that.

It could take years to create a portfolio of near perfect "everyday" images.

Now, follow the president of the US around with a camera for a week, and you could have 500 portfolio images simply due to the subject matter and the circumstance it is in.
                Yes, I think this may be what I've been trying to say. But at the same time you're telling me just to do it more. So you win.

Comment

on a side note. a recent macro I did:
                  The CB9 has been reborn into a CB3
                  Members Ride - see my cb3 here - DOHC powah
                  Check out my JDM F22B swap
                  Watch my CB7 video

Comment

Awesome shot. Those water droplets are so crisp!

Originally posted by Maple50175
                    Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

MY YOUTUBE Channel Plz Sub for the Support thanks

^^^ Click for the Link ^^^

Comment

I like the first one.

SEcond one has a person that is distracting and the composition does nothing for me. Also can't see her eyes.

Third one is a good image but could benefit from cropping out the slight rocking and the bird.

4th is as little dark for me, but I do like it.

Cool images, all similar. Did you try other angles at all?

Comment

I like the first one.

SEcond one has a person that is distracting and the composition does nothing for me. Also can't see her eyes.

Third one is a good image but could benefit from cropping out the slight rocking and the bird.

4th is as little dark for me, but I do like it.

Cool images, all similar. Did you try other angles at all?
                          thanks and yea

Comment

Cool shots. Off camera strobe I'm guessing? Diffused at all?

Comment

Hung out with some friends last night, have a bunch of terrible pictures from my room but I liked this one (Mostly b/c I think it's really funny looking):

Comment

Cool shots. Off camera strobe I'm guessing? Diffused at all?
                                thanks...yes and no

Comment

Working...
                                X