Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Overheating Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Overheating Problems

I got a 92 sedan F22A1 that still over heats after a week of fixing. Had head gasket replaced and heads resurfaced, new radiator, water pump, thermostat, radiator cap, hoses, plugs and wires, timing belt. Worked well for a week then started to overheat again until I blew the head gasket again. Is there anything else I might have missed? Stressed

Are your fans coming on like they're supposed to?

Were you not watching your needle like a hawk the second time around?
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Yeah the fans came on when they needed to. I was watching it like a hawk. The needle went up at a stop light then went down once I started going. This is what happened the first time. I can also smell like burning oil once I parked it and turn it off but not sure if it is or not,

Comment

Did you bleed the cooling system through the valve? If not I would try that.

Comment

Yup I bled the system already, I'm stuck haha literally.

Comment

Is your tstat installed backwards? Do you have any leaks? You might have a bad head gasket and that is the primary problem. Did you do the work? If you had a shop do it I would be taking it back.

Really sounds like a headgasket problem to me. Exhaust gasses getting in the coolant will overheat your motor in a hurry.

Comment

Remember

Always! An i mean always, reset your ecu box. I'd help my younger cousin replace his electrical problems an check engine came on. Anything to do with wires, always reset the ecu.

Comment

Working...
              X