power steering in auto h22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

power steering in auto h22

any body knw whats the best way to still have power steering with the h22 auto swap i tried to run a hose from he vss lines but the DAMN FLUID keep leaking right back out any suggestions asap thanks
    BK ALL DAY

Pressure line power steering pump from what engine are you using??? the VSS doesn't have anything to do with the PS.
    JDM Parts for sale

Comment

I have an auto h22, h22 pump, cut to fit LPL, and a unmodified h22 HPL. It takes a little work getting the HPL to go up into the rack, but it was nothing extreme.

LPL - Low Pressure Line - From Pump to Res Tank.
      HPL - High Pressure Line - From 1/4 fitting on rack to h22 pump

Comment

Originally posted by dannyd View Post
        Pressure line power steering pump from what engine are you using??? the VSS doesn't have anything to do with the PS.
        i knw it dont but for some reason power steering fluid comes out where the f22a vss lines is at shit is annoying cause power steering will be good for a lil while but once fluid is all gone pump making mad noise then steering goes stiff of course
        BK ALL DAY

Comment

Originally posted by RacH22 View Post
          I have an auto h22, h22 pump, cut to fit LPL, and a unmodified h22 HPL. It takes a little work getting the HPL to go up into the rack, but it was nothing extreme.

LPL - Low Pressure Line - From Pump to Res Tank.
          HPL - High Pressure Line - From 1/4 fitting on rack to h22 pump

Reading owns me!!!!!!!!!!!! lol
          JDM Parts for sale

Comment

Reading owns me!!!!!!!!!!!! lol
            huh? lol

Comment

Originally posted by bk92accordex View Post
              i knw it dont but for some reason power steering fluid comes out where the f22a vss lines is at shit is annoying cause power steering will be good for a lil while but once fluid is all gone pump making mad noise then steering goes stiff of course
              that doesn't make a lot sense. VSS and power steering????
              JDM Parts for sale

Comment

that doesn't make a lot sense. VSS and power steering????
                trust me i knw it dont make sense feel kinda embarrassed im asking this sh*t but didnt knw if any body ever had this problem
                BK ALL DAY

Comment

Ok, i might be wrong.
                  now have you follow the lines that start at the VSS??? i would fill up up the reservoir and start the car, check for leaks and missing clamps..... also check your rack and pinion.....
                  JDM Parts for sale

Comment

its not required that the VSS has a hook up to the PS. You can just take a hose and cap off the two inlet/outlet ports for the VSS.

For the line itself, you want to use the Accord back part that attaches to the rack and the H22 front part, part that attaches to the pump. I had a shop crimp the two lines together, ran me like 100 bucks or whatever. Works perfectly since I swapped over a year ago w/ no leaks. That's the right way to do it. Then you won't have to worry about using the F22 pump and hitting your hood.

Oh, and also make sure you use the H22 crank pulley. If you don't the F22 crank pulley is 1 rib too short and will shred belts every week.

member's ride thread
                    93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                    99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                    91 Accord SE 176k
                    97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Originally posted by losiracer2 View Post
                      its Not Required That The Vss Has A Hook Up To The Ps. You Can Just Take A Hose And Cap Off The Two Inlet/outlet Ports For The Vss.

For The Line Itself, You Want To Use The Accord Back Part That Attaches To The Rack And The H22 Front Part, Part That Attaches To The Pump. I Had A Shop Crimp The Two Lines Together, Ran Me Like 100 Bucks Or Whatever. Works Perfectly Since I Swapped Over A Year Ago W/ No Leaks. That's The Right Way To Do It. Then You Won't Have To Worry About Using The F22 Pump And Hitting Your Hood.

Oh, And Also Make Sure You Use The H22 Crank Pulley. If You Don't The F22 Crank Pulley Is 1 Rib Too Short And Will Shred Belts Every Week.
                      Thanks For The Info
                      BK ALL DAY

Comment

Working...
                      X