Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Exhaust Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exhaust Questions

Alright, so I just finished reading this really informative post called Exhaust Theory, the link's: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=quiet+muffler, and what I wanted to know is what is the best muffler to use to quiet down my noisy, cat-back exhaust. Would going back to a stock muffler work? Or are there aftermarket options? .......

look for a civic si stock muffler, they sound good and have a low tone. also the apex WS2 is a good one as well.

A man that keeps looking back can't see whats in front of him.

Comment

What year, though? (as far as the Civic Si muffler goes)

Comment

The new ones. Though the Civic Si muffler will still provide a restriction.

Basically, exhaust noise is quieted by restriction. So the quieter you make it, the more you hinder performance.

The best performing and best sounding exhausts out there are: Apexi World Sport 2, Greddy SP, and RS*R ExMag. Any of those would be a good choice. The entire catback system.
        I know you can buy the Apexi muffler as an axleback, but I'm not sure about the others. That would work, but not as well as the full thing.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
          The best performing and best sounding exhausts out there are: Apexi World Sport 2, Greddy SP, and RS*R ExMag. Any of those would be a good choice. The entire catback system.
          I know you can buy the Apexi muffler as an axleback, but I'm not sure about the others. That would work, but not as well as the full thing.

Alright, so I did a quick search for the Apexi WS2, and I got these:
          156-A013 60MM. INLET OFFSET-LEFT, 105MM TIP 60 105 WS2 $299.00
          156-A012 60MM. INLET OFFSET-RIGHT, 105MM TIP 60 105 WS2 $299.00
          156-A011 60MM. INLET, 105MM TIP 60 105 WS2 $299.00
          156-A010 80MM. INLET, 105MM TIP 80 110 WS2 $299.00

The first two refer to the position of the exhaust tip, right or left, right? and the rest are just measurements.

And what do you mean the "full thing"? Like, re-do the entire system, or just slap that muff on there?

(beeeecause that's $400 more monies. That I don't have haha)

Comment

Originally posted by Gr1m View Post
            Alright, so I did a quick search for the Apexi WS2, and I got these:
            156-A013 60MM. INLET OFFSET-LEFT, 105MM TIP 60 105 WS2 $299.00
            156-A012 60MM. INLET OFFSET-RIGHT, 105MM TIP 60 105 WS2 $299.00
            156-A011 60MM. INLET, 105MM TIP 60 105 WS2 $299.00
            156-A010 80MM. INLET, 105MM TIP 80 110 WS2 $299.00

The first two refer to the position of the exhaust tip, right or left, right? and the rest are just measurements.

And what do you mean the "full thing"? Like, re-do the entire system, or just slap that muff on there?

(beeeecause that's $400 more monies. That I don't have haha)
            yes I think Deev is talking about the cat-back exhaust. The choices you have are good ones, there are a ton of good exhausts for our cars. Kteller is another good choice. If you're looking for something that performs well and is not too loud and stealthy looking, I would recommend a 2.25" piping w/ a resonator and the Vibrant flat black muffler. This will give you performance and fly under the radar..just my opinion

SOLD!!
            Boosted H22
            375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

Originally posted by mozzandherb View Post
              yes I think Deev is talking about the cat-back exhaust. The choices you have are good ones, there are a ton of good exhausts for our cars. Kteller is another good choice. If you're looking for something that performs well and is not too loud and stealthy looking, I would recommend a 2.25" piping w/ a resonator and the Vibrant flat black muffler. This will give you performance and fly under the radar..just my opinion
              Many thanks to both of you

Comment

you could always get a "glasspack" welded in behind the cat and before the muffler...it wont add very much restricion and will quiet down your exhaust note ...pretty cheap too

Comment

Just get a 24" resonator installed on the catback you have now. It will cut the exhaust note in half. I gaurentee it. I have had 9 exhaust systems on my car so i've seen heard and it all. Lol.
                  "I'm NOT drunk, I'm avoiding Potholes".

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=174029
                  Check out the whip^

Comment

take in account that the longer the muffler is on the car the louder it gets . my magna flow has been on my car for years now and damn its loud with 2.25 pipes from the collector back. i got to do something soon . maybe the apex WS2 is soon to come.

A man that keeps looking back can't see whats in front of him.

Comment

I looked at all exhaust options for my car since I still have the stock exhaust and ended up buying the WS2 catback exhaust I would recommend that for your car the muffler is a little big in my opinion and I got it for $480 out the door so not to bad.

Comment

Alright, so as far as glasspacks/resonators go, what's a good brand?

And does anybody have the Vibrant flat black muffler? Because instead of replacing the whole system, i'd very much rather get a different muffler and the dual resonator setup dailydriVen suggested....

Comment

Originally posted by stretch JDM View Post
                          take in account that the longer the muffler is on the car the louder it gets . my magna flow has been on my car for years now and damn its loud with 2.25 pipes from the collector back. i got to do something soon . maybe the apex WS2 is soon to come.
                          This only happens with perforated straight-thru muffler/resonators. Baffled mufflers will keep the same sound level their whole life.

O.P. If you have a stock block setup you will be just fine with a muffler from a k20 civic si. There's no need for anything more free flowing with the low-rpm powerband of our f22.
                          My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

cherry bomb or thrush both make pretty good glasspacks/resonators....but honestly they are all pretty much the same and whatever your local exhaust shop has will be just as good

Comment

I've posted this multiple times in threads started by people looking to quiet down their exhaust. Look into the Flowmaster Hushpower Shorty II.

I'm running the now discontinued DC Sports stainless cat-back exhaust. It is basically the same as the Apexi WS2 cat-back. What I did was I had the Hushpower shorty II installed in place of my old high-flow cat. It really quiets down the in-town driving that I do, yet still gives me the performance I need. I love the smooth tone it puts out at lower RPM's and it sounds awesome at higher RPM's and wide open throttle. One of the best exhaust mods a guy could other than a Bisi header IMO. No raspy fart-can noise, and no obnoxious low tone noise through town.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=1#post1823428

My Custom BB6 Dash Swap Thread

Comment

Working...
                              X