Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Exhaust Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wherm View Post
    I've posted this multiple times in threads started by people looking to quiet down their exhaust. Look into the Flowmaster Hushpower Shorty II.....
    I'm sorry, I was just looking for some quick answers, which I got (yours too, thanks).

The thing is, I can't replace the cat on my car, I need to pass emissions still because I live in phx Unless I misunderstood (which I'm prone to doing, even after re-reading and researching)

Comment

Possible Set-Up

Oh, right, I forgot. Here's what I think will be alright (after reviewing all of the suggestions)

2.25 piping (Kteller)
      Vibrant flat black muffler
      24" resonator (cherry bomb or thrush brand, I guess (size can vary))

So two things: Do I keep the high-flow cat I have, or revert to the stock one?
      And my uncle said not to buy all of the pre-bent pipes, that a muffler shop will do it for way cheaper... is that true?

Thanks for the help, I can't get it anywhere else. My whole family is into old-school Impalas, I'm kindof the black sheep.

Comment

Originally posted by dailydriVen View Post
        cherry bomb or thrush both make pretty good glasspacks/resonators....but honestly they are all pretty much the same and whatever your local exhaust shop has will be just as good
        this is true, i have a glasspack on my CB with 2.25 piping theres a video on YT of my friend trying to keep up while recording on youtube lol

Originally posted by stretch JDM View Post
        take in account that the longer the muffler is on the car the louder it gets . my magna flow has been on my car for years now and damn its loud with 2.25 pipes from the collector back. i got to do something soon . maybe the apex WS2 is soon to come.
        not really louder, more deeper.

OP what you have sounds pretty good, you can get a cherry bomb glasspack on amazon for like $50 now days, they're all the same, as long as they are straight-through, perforated with fiberglass packing (hence the name)

and yes a shop will make cheap bends, just do yourself a favor, and make sure they are not crimp bends as they will hinder the flow, get mandrel type bends, if they charge you too much just get pre-made mandrel bent piping, as far as the cat goes... they're all the same just try to get a metal matrix one, i have a Magnaflow 3" high flow cat in mine just make sure that when its all mounted that the serial on the cat is facing downwards in case the 5-0 gets cute and checks
        Originally posted by scudweiser
        it will go vrooooooom bauggggghhhh mmmmmmaauuugggg. Still no mmmmmbAAAAAAAUUUHHHHHHH though.
        Originally posted by deevergote
        Do you have anything intelligent to offer, or are you just trying to whore up your post count?

Comment

Originally posted by Gr1m View Post
          Alright, so as far as glasspacks/resonators go, what's a good brand?

And does anybody have the Vibrant flat black muffler? Because instead of replacing the whole system, i'd very much rather get a different muffler and the dual resonator setup dailydriVen suggested....
          I do have the Vibrant muffler, that's one reason why I suggested it. It's stealthy and it's a straight through design. You might want to add a resonator to baffle it a little, but you won't be disappointed with that muffler.

SOLD!!
          Boosted H22
          375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

Originally posted by Gr1m View Post
            Alright, so as far as glasspacks/resonators go, what's a good brand?

And does anybody have the Vibrant flat black muffler? Because instead of replacing the whole system, i'd very much rather get a different muffler and the dual resonator setup dailydriVen suggested....
            For a resonator i would recomment a Aero ar25. I have 2 on my car and its sounds pretty good.
            "I'm NOT drunk, I'm avoiding Potholes".

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=174029
            Check out the whip^

Comment

Did everyone know Kteller lists their piping sizes as OD" NOT ID". And other companies do as well. But my resonator and muffler I just got are measured by ID".
              Can anyone comfirm the size of Bisi's collector?

How the hell is everything supposed to be smooth flowing and line up and install good if it's not all the same size?

I just bought Kteller's 2.5", a Hedman 24" glasspack, and a Dynomax VT muffler, Bisi header is on it's way. And a new 300 cell cat too. I'll be posting my thoughts when it's all done.

I had a Magnaflow catback on for a while before something else took a shit, and it was good and sounded ok and not too loud. But what header and type of cat, if at all, you use, will make a big difference.
              Metal Metal and more Metal!!!

How much does your wheel/tire combo weigh? Post here!
              -=Suicide Crew Member #1 (only member so far)=-
              MY RIDE

"I was hoping the Wolverine would finger one of those Japanese girls and then extend a claw into her b hole just for fun, BUT that never happened and I was extremely unsatisfied with the movie because of it." -Macaqueistrong

Comment

Working...
              X